And what is the best overall spec ?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
r0xx said:
There is lots ... all of them can work

I want to hear your spec .. why you use it ... the good things about it

and the Bad :)

And what is the best overall spec ?

Is there a spec where they don't totally pawn? Great OP chars, hopethe nerfbat arrives soon.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
clueless reply tbh.
just roll a vamp on anoter server play it a few days and come back to post you sorry and tell vamps are not as OP as pll claim they are.

ontopic:
the most vamps i know have this spec:
38 Shadow mastery (goodies like speed, claw, end drain, parry buff)
32 Vampiric embrace (stealthlore, some other stuff i dont find usefull)
43 Pierce (no comment)

Personaly i could consider to go SM / pierce and drop VE there in group i dont realy need stealthlore and im not interested in the other stuff. allso a artifact could replace stealthlore if you dont need the VA stuff.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I think all the higher rr vampiirs on excal are VE speced. The cookie cutter VE spec is 43p 48ve 13sm. Given that the top claw will hit for 300 ish next patch, that's a good spec.

44p 46ve 17sm is working well for me, although I might go 48ve next patch for claw damage -- it's really nice to claw through bg, and engage.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Deadnala said:
32 Vampiric embrace (stealthlore, some other stuff i dont find usefull)

other stuff you dont find useful? Strange, I really love the WS buff, the 50% fumble debuff, and the 32% evade along with your 31% parry from the SM line make you frigging nails.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I was 48VE from the start, never regreted it. I convinced Guerra to change to that spec as well. It is amazing really, crazy evade, 2299 WS atm with the buff, and a great claw. You still get some speed with 13 VE which is kinda handy, and a 40% end drain.

Comes without saying that 43 pierce is a must.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
allso a artifact could replace stealthlore if you dont need the VA stuff.

Um, have you ever used the top stealth lore?

It's way better than any artifact /use, it gives you the equivalent of 50 stealth. You can run around power tapping grays and keep it up 90% of the time, and still have 14% power.

I made about 15k yesterday because of it. I really don't think stealthers like it when I pop them, as they mostly try and run away rather than fight (I wonder why?, I have charge - they're not likely to get very far).

Also having nearly 2300 weapon skill is not something you should dismiss lightly, neither is the fumble debuff nor or the evade buff.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
atm i got: 43 pierce, 38 sm and 32 ve

but im tempted to try: 43 pierce 50 sm

would give best parry buff (49%), a 100% end drain (75% is good enough tho), best runspeed buff and ofc best claw in that line

Im sure that spec is gimped somehow but looks sorta nice "on the paper" tho

I would miss stealthlore tho =S

Gnarag

Fledgling Freddie
43p, 35dem, 32ve, 15sm

Personally i prefer defense, it doesnt always work but if your swinging longer your damaging more as your damaging longer. I havent bothered with mls at all yet, i had the crap you have to go through to get em, and yet i can still screw over casters with the resist buffs & skill debuff. Personally i dont use the maintainable debuff much, i find i lose too much dps if i dont claw at all. The mez works well, i dont experience many resists, and when im a higher rr will allow me to use first aid as a ra in combat, which im looking forward to.

With this spec you get plenty of goodies to play with, i find i can never cast everything i want to in combat. against a melee class i use fumble, end tap, 32% evade, 18% melee resists (tradeoff for the 50% evade buff with high ve, with the ability to buff my magic resists +35% should i be facing a caster or leggies) and skill debuff/parry if i remember them.

All three magic trees are completely different... i think all give you the ability to win, but you need to find something that works for your play style, and most importantly one you enjoy. This spec is a lot of fun, and fits me, as im sure the high VE spec fits those that choose it. Hope that helps you some.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
most easy way of to get 50 (excluding pl ifc) is to go full SM because of HoT, end drain and good claw + u get a parry buff... if u time it right u can nearly make an endless chain...

RvR:
For solo spec i would prefer a mix of SM and VE and ofc 43 pierce... then u have end tap, HoT, speed, combat speed that's good from SM and u have fumble, WS, Evade and stealth lore from VE which come in very handy for the soloer...

For grp's i would choose a mix of Dementia and VE... then u get some nice debuff armor, both magical and melee ressist's and u can debuff enemy skill bonus... (havent tryed the last, so dunno if that one is worth it tho) ...

That's the way i see it...

Sparkey

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Is there a spec where they don't totally pawn? Great OP chars, hopethe nerfbat arrives soon.

Ye! Lets nerf hib even more!, i would say that both Scouts and Wizards are op, tbh the entire alb should get nerfed.

I use 43 Piercing for eye shot, 32 VE for Stealth lore and stuff, and 38 SM for (i think it was HoT). =) would like to have the last HoT tho.. it owns ^^ but need 48SM for that :p ^^;

And that's mainly for RvR, but owns PvE too ^^

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
This is worth noticing if you like the HoT but cba speccing for highest one. It gets changed in 1.76

4 Recuperation - 15/pulse
15 Restoration - 35/pulse
21 Renewal - 70/pulse
26 Greater Renewal - 100/pulse
38 Regeneration - 180/pulse
46 Greater Regeneration - 300/pulse

Theres a new one at 26 spec that according to most on VN is a quite nice supplement if you dont like high SM spec :)

[edit]
oooohh just had to say, ding scrounging bastard :p

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom