VALLA vs LoG

O

old.[MaR]Gonzo

I reffed the fun battle VALLA vs LoG div 2b battle.

1st of all LoG went up with only 7 players but VALLA showed great sportsmanship and dropped one player. Big creds for that!

And for 2nd i like to watch and ref battles like these. It happens funny things often and they play other classes too. For example i havent played vs a clan who uses demomans in defence for ages, but some of the lower ranked clans uses it. Nice to see :)

SD2
LoG started really well. Got the lazer down quickly and made a fastcap. Some minutes in the game LoG had one disconnection and VALLA could cap, the score was 30-10 to LoG and one player down. But LoG were the better team this map, their lost player connected again and they capped more and more while VALLA tried to break LoG nice defence.
SD2 ended
100-30 to LoG

Crossover 2
VALLA had to win this map to even the battle overall. And they really started well. After 15 minutes they had a comfortable 60-20 lead but then LoG started to move on. Capped 3 times then VALLA got one more cap. 10 minutes left the score was 70-70 and LoG really started to attack harder and harder to win this map too.
It worked, when VALLA got one player dissed from the server LoG easily could cap and hold the lead.
Crossover2 ended
100-80 to LoG

Both teams played good and the atmosphere during the battle was great. I enyoyed the battle and wanna thank LoG and VALLA for the show.

GG!

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Hmm, I dunno, but what's great sportsmanship if dropping a player before the game since the other clan had only 7 available players but then not having some1 idle when a player drops during the game.

For me, it's normal netiquette playing a 7vs7 if the other clan can't get 8. In group games it's also normal netiquette having one idle if some1 drops. Playoffs and championship games are a different matter, there it's about do or die. But group games? come'on guys, give the other one an even chance.

O

old.[MaR]Gonzo

Well i really dunno you question...

When the battle should start LoG had only 7 players avaiable and VALLA had full team, 8.
Instead of playing a 8vs7 VALLA dropped one player and played 7vs7, aint that good sportsmanship?

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Well depends where u come from. In Germany there is no question the match is gonna start 7vs7. Same as I said about idling: in Germany there is no question about having some1 idle in a group game.

It's all about every1 having a fair chance and 7vs8 is not what I really consider fair.

Playoffs is a different thing, thats for sure, but we're not that far yet. I don't wanna diss any of the clans u mentioned, I just wanna open some eyes for a different point of view.

O

old.[MaR]Gonzo

1st of all im from Sweden, we normally drop/idle players here in battles, but my expereince from playing in bwtfcl s1 against lower ranked clans they didnt care if the were less or more than their opponents, they just fought on.

So when VALLA said they drop a player they did different what many other lower ranked clans do.
Even if you think thats whas *nothing* and just normal I think its was nice from VALLA.

V

vuz

yah, tis a shame that uk clans have that attitude, I know germany = vvvnice attitude
:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom