Valkyrie spec

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Would ;

42 Shield (slam - duh)
50 Spear
39 OW (first acu shear)
6 Parry

be unfeasible? hardly any parry with spear out but got slam - with 2nd in chain lvl 50 spear side style should be nice.

Any thoughts helpful!

Himse

FH is my second home
pikeh said:
Would ;

42 Shield (slam - duh)
50 Spear
39 OW (first acu shear)
6 Parry

be unfeasible? hardly any parry with spear out but got slam - with 2nd in chain lvl 50 spear side style should be nice.

Any thoughts helpful!

seems ok to me, just remember Mending line is coming soon.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Himse said:
seems ok to me, just remember Mending line is coming soon.

yeh not a fan of mending tbh. :)

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
since u have the 7sec rear stun why u want slam wich has very high fatigue and no to hit bonus?and i think 37 OW is fine cause dex/qui shear >aguity shear imo and they are on the same timer..anyways i am s/s so dunno that much about spear speccs or sth but specing 42 parry will give u great defense than just an anytimer stun...

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
pikeh said:
yeh not a fan of mending tbh. :)

but ppl in ure group might. do search for valkyrie threads, this discusion has been done just a week or two ago.

gohan

FH is my second home
kolomparas said:
since u have the 7sec rear stun why u want slam wich has very high fatigue and no to hit bonus?and i think 37 OW is fine cause dex/qui shear >aguity shear imo and they are on the same timer..anyways i am s/s so dunno that much about spear speccs or sth but specing 42 parry will give u great defense than just an anytimer stun...
the yellow dex/quick shear wont shear im afriad as its a 75 max value shear an specs with buffbonus do 93, the fotm spec atm is 50spear 50 OW 28 parry or 27 parry 10 shield for engaging archers

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
the yellow dex/quick shear wont shear im afriad as its a 75 max value shear an specs with buffbonus do 93, the fotm spec atm is 50spear 50 OW 28 parry or 27 parry 10 shield for engaging archers

i have the yellow one and the maximum power of buffs that can shear it's 150..the only difference with the red one is the recast timer.....

liloe

It's my birthday today!
pikeh said:
Would ;

42 Shield (slam - duh)
50 Spear
39 OW (first acu shear)
6 Parry

Any thoughts helpful!

My spec, will go less OW and 21mend with next patch

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
tbh im going to use that spec next patch , but use 50 sword instead of Spear.

might lower OW to 37 and get some mend or more parry for less varience / little bit more defence when 2 handed

auroria

Banned
why go high OW? imo its just there for interupt, except the snare which you can use to catch up with people. If i choose to lvl up mine to 50 and toa next patch i will go 50 sword 42 shield 35 mending 18 odins will, which means lower power usage aswell.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
why go high OW? imo its just there for interupt, except the snare which you can use to catch up with people. If i choose to lvl up mine to 50 and toa next patch i will go 50 sword 42 shield 35 mending 18 odins will, which means lower power usage aswell.

high OW = faster recast timer on CoE but imo going 50 is not a must ... can stop at 48

current spec:

50 spear
48 OW
8 shield
27 parry ( or 30ish can t remember presisely)

whatever, valk spec depands on the play style mostly ... if u run in group you dont really need the slam.... most of the time you will just charge while fireing all your CoE then stick a caster /seer that will ofc try to run away from you ... that's where u lunch your 7 sec back positional spear style.

going higher OW will tho allow you to fire your stuff more than once in a fight (something i Highly recommand personnaly; interrupting is the key and 300 sec recast versus 60sec makes a HUGE difference)

then at 40 you also get a magic ablative (kinda nice for your group VS casters) and the rez .. wich is now 60% mana/health and if you dont wanna go mending it will provide you healers some slight support.

if you run solo such a spec might be usefull (spear + shield) but you might as well go sword then, the style has been upgraded, your swing speed will be higher and u wont need to switch between 1 and 2hand .

but that s just my feeling. when the mending lines hit us i ll keep same spec replacing parry by mending and finding some balance between the two lines.

but after thinking about it a valk with 30ish parry +high MoP overcapp the parry ability (hard cap at 50%) so i guess it s a good thing to lower a bit the spec line even if it means u ll have to spend some more rps.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I've spent too much cash and time to get all kinds of spears. :p
Even though it would be fun to try the template i made with sun sword and the 3.2 spd large shield from DF, i'll stick to spear.

I'll probably solo 95% of my time and will try 50 OW, 44 spear, 22 mend, 29 parry and 7 shield.
Atm, i'm something like 44 spear, 43 shield, 37 OW and 25 parry. Haven't really tried it yet, but wanted to see how slam+spear and lower OW works out before next patch.
If i like it, i might take 37 OW, 44 spear, 22 mend, 43 shield and 13 parry.

Finished my template last night and only need some SCing done, then we'll see how it works and if having slam is that usefull.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I've spent too much cash and time to get all kinds of spears. :p
Even though it would be fun to try the template i made with sun sword and the 3.2 spd large shield from DF, i'll stick to spear.
i dont see why !! you dont have that much choice in spears!! only:

sun spear, nice rog fast, nice rog slow, LG heat,cold,spirit SoK, GS, CW .....

:p

personnaly i always end up with CW spear... thrust debuff is kinda nice and the spear is rather fast(if u wanna solo) also have all the spears mentioned above but using themon very specific cases (if grouped with red aug healer, in Tg etc...)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
As said in the previous valk post

im 50/50/26/10 spear/ow.

My new specs will be:

41Spear
15Parry
48Odins
40Mend

And the other i still haev to figure out, as i would love to get my hand on both the 50/42 S/S with mending + OW

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
hanza said:
i dont see why !! you dont have that much choice in spears!! only:

sun spear, nice rog fast, nice rog slow, LG heat,cold,spirit SoK, GS, CW .....

:p

personnaly i always end up with CW spear... thrust debuff is kinda nice and the spear is rather fast(if u wanna solo) also have all the spears mentioned above but using themon very specific cases (if grouped with red aug healer, in Tg etc...)
The last template i've made is with the CW spear as well. Nice speed and 2 nice procs.
Except i went slash. :)
Gonna use Bloodfire Battle Spear as a thrust spear, since it has similar stats and is also 4.5 spd.

I also want to stay with spear, since sword will be so FotM soon. :p
Though who knows, maybe i'll respec one day. A lot easier to make a good template with sword/shield.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
The last template i've made is with the CW spear as well. Nice speed and 2 nice procs.
Except i went slash. :)
Gonna use Bloodfire Battle Spear as a thrust spear, since it has similar stats and is also 4.5 spd.

I also want to stay with spear, since sword will be so FotM soon. :p
Though who knows, maybe i'll respec one day. A lot easier to make a good template with sword/shield.

hehe i know the feeling, i rolled a valk cause they were suppose to be gimped and hardmode... kinda unhappy they get fotm :)

and BTW u know u can change your CW domage style. just go to the NPC that gave it to you , make sure it s back to 100% durability

theen hand the weapon to NPC, then
/say NPC: hey, whats that rubbish u gave me i wanted a thrust one

NPC answer: i begg your pardon mylord here is a thrusty spear

you can eventualy /slap him before running away with your new spear :p

gohan

FH is my second home
vavires said:
As said in the previous valk post

im 50/50/26/10 spear/ow.

My new specs will be:

41Spear
15Parry
48Odins
40Mend

And the other i still haev to figure out, as i would love to get my hand on both the 50/42 S/S with mending + OW

im thinking 50 sword 42 shiled 37 OW an 12 mend :< its low i know but gets u the first hot grp hot an instant heal so better than nought

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
im thinking 50 sword 42 shiled 37 OW an 12 mend :< its low i know but gets u the first hot grp hot an instant heal so better than nought

i might go the other way around with ow-> 35 Mend for the insta heal and nice healing with rest odins then. buffshearing is in the end a shammy's task :)

Midgem

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking my Valk will go 50 sword, 42 shield, 35 mending (when it gets here) and the remainder into OW, which should be 18. She's already on the way to 50/42 sword and shield - I've just put the odd point here and there into OW for now.

Ceirianne, Aesir's Blade

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Midgem said:
I'm thinking my Valk will go 50 sword, 42 shield, 35 mending (when it gets here) and the remainder into OW, which should be 18. She's already on the way to 50/42 sword and shield - I've just put the odd point here and there into OW for now.

Ceirianne, Aesir's Blade

That might be mine also (at least for 1 of 2 valks :))

gohan

FH is my second home
our guild rarely ever runs with shammies lol ^^ also i solo on him alot, not sure witch is more important tho buff shear an DD's or self heals :<

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
our guild rarely ever runs with shammies lol ^^ also i solo on him alot, not sure witch is more important tho buff shear an DD's or self heals :<

u get dd's and cone on lower lvls to :).
And the heals can save ure life + instant hots + IP u can always use as well. solo it will defo save ure life.and ure lvl 38/39 shear are 5min reuse.

gohan

FH is my second home
vavires said:
u get dd's and cone on lower lvls to :).
And the heals can save ure life + instant hots + IP u can always use as well. solo it will defo save ure life.and ure lvl 38/39 shear are 5min reuse.
ok im sold \0/ 35 mend rest ow it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom