Valkyrie RA

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Right, been templating a valk on bossiney cluster (classic) to run mainly in fg and i have some doubts about the RA spec, let's say at rr6 (will be fast to get it).

As i am certain that i will get charge 3 at rr4, i'm just not certain what will be better if purge 2 or det4+ at rr5l5+. Since valks don't get stoicism, i'm not sure how good determination will be.

Any input and help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Right, been templating a valk on bossiney cluster (classic) to run mainly in fg and i have some doubts about the RA spec, let's say at rr6 (will be fast to get it).

As i am certain that i will get charge 3 at rr4, i'm just not certain what will be better if purge 2 or det4+ at rr5l5+. Since valks don't get stoicism, i'm not sure how good determination will be.

Any input and help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mmm, I had det5 on my Thane on limors with the det myth as well and resists around the 23-26 mark. I wasnt overly impressed. Points would of been better spent on purge 3 imo. I was the only BG in the group so seemed the right thing to do. But as that doesnt apply here then ...

Himse

FH is my second home
charge 3 purge 3 dual threat, aom etc

det is useless cos of no stoitism (sp?)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
charge 3 purge 3 dual threat, aom etc

det is useless cos of no stoitism (sp?)

Do wild power or dual threart work on proc? Had the idea it didn't.

The idea i had is that efectevly without stoicism det was not really as sweet as on light tanks, like you and crom pointed out. Not sure i will need purge 3 tho, will have to see.

@nuxto s/s valk, stunning targets for a troll savage should work fine :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Procs can't crit...ever. The point on classic is though - and a lot keep forgetting that - that there is no passive piercing and nearly no spell duration, so the average CC will last a lot shorter than on the ToA servers. Det5 might be worth a shot on a non-stoi tank aswell.

But...RR6 will take a bit, knowing that 80% of the people you're gonna meet will be mids :p

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Procs can't crit...ever. The point on classic is though - and a lot keep forgetting that - that there is no passive piercing and nearly no spell duration, so the average CC will last a lot shorter than on the ToA servers. Det5 might be worth a shot on a non-stoi tank aswell.

But...RR6 will take a bit, knowing that 80% of the people you're gonna meet will be mids :p

Dinged a pac rr6 in about 3 weeks ;) enough albs in frontiers and some nice hib's fg's about too.

About procs, thought so, so dual threath is useless on valk. Well will try both specs, anyway guild vault is full of respec ra and skills stones :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Good point re classic - might be worth a go - though very few people template for spell dur anyway and over time peeps will get some passive piercing with the dragon loot.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Spell pierce only affects spells that do damage. So it shouldn't effect the duration of mezzes. I have not noticed that it does but if you have some evidence I am more than willing to listen. On Classic there isn't any spell pierce and they have different dragon drops from ToA server as well.

It is however quite easy to template duration on classic. Take a bard:
6% spell duration on champ harp
7% spell duration on the laby spirit bound demonic belt (OTD spirit guardian)
4% spell duration on laby sleeves (sikarios or something)
5% from sigil armour
Thats 22% spell duration and on a classic server its much easier to cap normal stats as the ToA bonus/artis are less.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Good point re classic - might be worth a go - though very few people template for spell dur anyway and over time peeps will get some passive piercing with the dragon loot.

Dragon loot has no passive piercing on Classic =)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
fair nuff

Personally I have real issues with passive piercing. On the one hand it's unfair that you SC resist just to have them reduced, on the other hand, seeing the missing pp on classic makes me want to cry about my dmg as mage, while tanks don't really loose much. I think the resist system in this game sux anyways :p If DDO had a cool PvP system like DAoC, I'd play that instead =)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I have real issues with passive piercing. On the one hand it's unfair that you SC resist just to have them reduced, on the other hand, seeing the missing pp on classic makes me want to cry about my dmg as mage, while tanks don't really loose much. I think the resist system in this game sux anyways :p If DDO had a cool PvP system like DAoC, I'd play that instead =)

Caster damage is ok when you can get some passives. And if you run with a debuffer you drop targets as fast as in TOA servers. And all non dualwielding melee classes will do less damage in classic.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Caster damage is ok when you can get some passives. And if you run with a debuffer you drop targets as fast as in TOA servers. And all non dualwielding melee classes will do less damage in classic.

Maybe I was just a bit biased cause of WP0 MoM0 AA0 vs. the WP4 MoM4 AA3 I'm used to ^^

Still think that tanks have a more important role on Classic, especially on hib/mid. Albion has interesting caster setups and hybrid setups. Played my bro's Armsman with <Sine Nomine> + <Knights of Dawn> SG and it was pretty nice =)

Btw, what guild are you in on Midgard and do you have any special easy to spot colours? =)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe I was just a bit biased cause of WP0 MoM0 AA0 vs. the WP4 MoM4 AA3 I'm used to ^^

Still think that tanks have a more important role on Classic, especially on hib/mid. Albion has interesting caster setups and hybrid setups. Played my bro's Armsman with <Sine Nomine> + <Knights of Dawn> SG and it was pretty nice =)

Btw, what guild are you in on Midgard and do you have any special easy to spot colours? =)

Best alb grp on bossiney is a caster one, 2 theurg are a pain. Mid/Hib best grps are hybrids. The best setup we had was 2 runies, bd savage skald one, so you got the choice, Usually heavy tanks grps are easier to play, and a lot more fun, but caster/hybrid setups are more versatile (fights agaisnt zergs/siege/fg).

I'm on fellowship of Midgard guild, they were kind enough to accept a southern on their ranks ;) Guild colour is olive green (don't ask :() and emblem is the same as in excalibur. A lot of old FOM, TDA members on it, we don't have really a set up grp, but almost always a gg running.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
What Alb-group do you mean? I think |unleashed| runs with 2 theurgs…or just 1? Darn ^^ I'll try to check out the emblem so I can give you a /hug next time I meet you in RvR =))

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Best alb grp on bossiney is a caster one, 2 theurg are a pain. Mid/Hib best grps are hybrids. The best setup we had was 2 runies, bd savage skald one, so you got the choice, Usually heavy tanks grps are easier to play, and a lot more fun, but caster/hybrid setups are more versatile (fights agaisnt zergs/siege/fg).

i have seen both alb heavy tank and pure caster grp doing just fine against zergs / fg in classic.
but casters kill alot faster even without theurg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom