Valkyrie Questions

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Leveling a Valkyrie atm, got a few questions:

1) For solo is it better to be 22 mend/high parry or 35 mend/low parry? (spec is s/s)

2)How much is Piety and power bonus important in a template?

3)What MH weapon is better to use? Champ or one of the Labby ones with 125 DoT, I understand that the faster the better, but couldnt find any fast swords in Midgard.

That will be all, thanks in advance!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt you will be able to fit much piety into your valk template as too many other things are higher priority although if you can throw a few points in it should help your power pool.

Fast swords you could use are Traitors Dagger which is uber for solo and fast so you can slam and then drop 3-4 raggy's on the enemy. The fastest sword of all tho i think is Gaszi's Blade from the Ancestral Secrets (the 4 x 10% resist neckie) quest as its about 2.2 spd i think so uber for lots of raggy auto-procs :) Also worth a thought are legendaries as they are quite fast and can easily cap swing speed when using haste from a pot or healer aswell as celerity charges so with a spirit sword debuff your spirit based style procs will be doing more damage. I'm not sure whether its the current patch they changed all the procs to spirit rather than half spirit and half energy so thats worth checking but if its current then spirit lgm's could be rather nice.

With a shield spec valk i think higher mend is more imporant than parry just for the higher delve pbae insta heal.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, could squeeze in only 56 piety and no power pool bonus at all, lets hope that the power regen mythirian will replace it :)

Gonna go 22 mend 28 OW 18 parry i think in the end.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Not wishing to hijack this thread but isn't there a hard cap of 1.5 seconds for swing speed?

Now I realise that for valks the procs are doing most of the damage. So you always want to swing at 1.5 but surely you don't need to use a 2.2 spd weapon to hit this cap? I don't know the speed calculator but would it not be better to figure out how much quickness, toa haste and haste charges (or aug healer haste) you are likely to use; then figure out what weapon speed would still hit the cap and just pick any weapon you like faster than this?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
If you manage to get 250 quick, 10 spd and are using 20% haste charges, you will cap with a 3.3 spd weapon.
CTD, Blade Shadow and Traitors are close enough. Crafted should be good now that they will be missing only 5% like arti weapons. I also like the Flamespark Dagger(3.1 spd) with it's 40 end heal proc.
If you're using the 15% celerity charges, you might cap with a 4.1 spd weapon and can use CW, Lab weapon, SoK, etc. The sword procs will be changed to spirit next patch, so maybe a spirit LW like Bluesky said.
Probably best to make a weaponless template so you can switch when needed or use LW's and a crafted weapon with the same stats.

From what i've read, the better power regen rates in 1.87 combined with greater power myth, will give you plenty of power. Higher piety will increase your spell damage a little bit as well, but if you have low OW, who cares? ;)
You can also get a Dreadcaller Defender, medium shield with a 20% power heal reactive. Great proc, but crappy stats.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=27713

I'd personally stop at 22 mend. The higher pbaoe heals takes a lot of power and is halved by disease. The HoT gives you more health/power than the pbaoe heals too.
The lv 30+ health regens work like out of combat friggs. It stacks with the HoT, but i think it only gives you 1 or 2 ticks in combat.

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
get free mh template..use alacritous till it procs and then use any weap it fits more at the situation...as for the rest 22 mend is fine and fit as more piety as u can tho omni procs will help more than enough....and try to get some +duration for an extra hot tick

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
22 mend is more then enough. It's better to increase parry skills then waste lots of important points for a insta heal that almost heal for the same amout as the level 22 one.

But that's just my opinion... :p

Fast swords you could use are Traitors Dagger which is uber for solo and fast so you can slam and then drop 3-4 raggy's on the enemy.

I can do 6-7 ragna tho (3.0 spd large shield, 9sec slam +14 spell dur).

My valk is 50 sword 42 shield 27 parry 22 mend 18 odins, and i do more then ok in RvR. Using Traitors, Champ and Spirit LW.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
ok think I got it now :)

ty all for answers!

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
50 sword/42 shield/22 mend/12 ow/29 parry i think i was on valk... nice wpn..is blade shadow... my valk wass rr 7 before i went us... highest rr valk on server.... was

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom