Valkyrie 8v8 specs

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
So I'm gonna twink out my valkyrie in hope of getting a 8 man group later on, and I was pondering a few diffrent spec options.

I was thinking spear so I can use ml10 storm spear for interrupts and dragon spear for cele proc and -20 abs debuff proc, and mix in the CL spear for resis debuff depending on target.

Spec I have pondered are:

42 shield ( I get pin and slam )
41 spear I get anytimer 50 dd and followup 150 dd ( crush dmg so not as gimped by resists as the 50 style ), also have 7s back pos stun like hunters.

39 Odins, I get 5 min RUT d/q and int shear, gellow cone snare etc.
22 Mend, so I get both the hots and the blue pbaoe heal wich with 25% heal bonus is decent, nothing mayor though.

OR

41 spear
49 Odins 1 min RUT d/q and int shear red cone snare etc
41 in mend wich gives me the last pbaoe heal and that has some serious healing power with 25% heal bonus, but also will eat alot of power

Basically I trade slam + snare vs higher pbaoe heal, 5 min vs 1 min RUT on shears and a red vs gellow cone snare..

I'm rr6 so I will have charge3 purge1 mop3 lw1. What you people recon, imo both specs offer alot but maybe the first one is abit more well rounded for 8 man grps where I will be playing the interrupt role.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'd say defo take slam.

I would also personally take higher mend in exchange for Odins, even on a 1min RUT, you're still only speccing for something your shaman should doing anyway and will be rebuffed fairly quickly in 8v8.

I personally like valks best when played like a warden, with nice heals in between their interupts.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
id say first spec, that would give you 8 man and solo/small scale groupability :)

Your a valk, your not meant to heal, although you can slap on your heal if it gets a bit tricky :)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd say defo take slam.

I would also personally take higher mend in exchange for Odins, even on a 1min RUT, you're still only speccing for something your shaman should doing anyway and will be rebuffed fairly quickly in 8v8.

I personally like valks best when played like a warden, with nice heals in between their interupts.

Yah, I will be playing the interruptor with ml10 proc spear to make shit hit the fan for the enemy group.

But one issue valks have is their power pool, can't heal as much as a warden even with greater power myth ( atleast I run out of power when interrupting, pbaoe healing, hoting, aoe diseasing etc ).

Thats why I might be content with going for the 1st spec, add 25% heal and have 350ish spec heal and the pbaoe heal healing for around 300 aswell, not uber but it is something :)

Charge3, purge1, mop4 lw1 as for RAs @ rr6.

Try get a nice temp with thats not too expensive :d

/edit

And yah 1 min RUT is nice on paper but I mean it will only be usefull on in really vs hybrid grps charge in and shear their DPS to slow thier impact dps down. After that the shaman will be in the play.

And with 42 shield yah I get slam and PIN!! Pin is just amazing :p

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yah, I will be playing the interruptor with ml10 proc spear to make shit hit the fan for the enemy group.

But one issue valks have is their power pool, can't heal as much as a warden even with greater power myth ( atleast I run out of power when interrupting, pbaoe healing, hoting, aoe diseasing etc ).

Thats why I might be content with going for the 1st spec, add 25% heal and have 350ish spec heal and the pbaoe heal healing for around 300 aswell, not uber but it is something :)

Charge3, purge1, mop4 lw1 as for RAs @ rr6.

Try get a nice temp with thats not too expensive :d

/edit

And yah 1 min RUT is nice on paper but I mean it will only be usefull on in really vs hybrid grps charge in and shear their DPS to slow thier impact dps down. After that the shaman will be in the play.

And with 42 shield yah I get slam and PIN!! Pin is just amazing :p

Second spec i'd say if youre running tank groups. I can't see the value in having 2* melee stuns, especially for group play when most targets will be trying to kite you (hence exposing their back if in melee range).

If you're playing a caster group, i'd say the second spec is better too thinking about it

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Second spec i'd say if youre running tank groups. I can't see the value in having 2* melee stuns, especially for group play when most targets will be trying to kite you (hence exposing their back if in melee range).

If you're playing a caster group, i'd say the second spec is better too thinking about it

Aye, was thinking the same.

But from DE experience mids run with 1-2 bds and a cold debuffer, so most likely will find myself in groups consisting of:

H, H, S
Banelord tank
BD

3 spots left then,

Valk
Rm for debuff train
BGer/dps tank ( savage fits pritty nice here )

But I guess people might run more tank oriented groups aswell

H, H, S
Banelord tank
Valk
RM
Warrior
Svg

In this case maybe you would facor the first spec since then you can go 41 mend and get the last pbaoe heal wich heals for ALOT with 25% heal bonus and MoH3. ( around 700 heals every 10s wich can be kept pritty much throughout the fight with a greater power myth ).

Charge3, purge1, Mop4, MoH3, lw1 around rr7ish then str and dex for some minor dmg/ws increase.

But you miss one mayor thing from not having 42 shield PIN, that is one overpwered ability valk have. I used to shut down tank trains solo with this on classic server ( a few years back ) I could d/q shear them all, and then pink all 3 and then even DPS on one tank forcing him to loop back ) and do this until they split assist or died.

I have went with the first spec as for now but guess it could change:)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah that spec will definitely shine more in a tank setup. I suppose it depends on if your role will be on a tank train (in which case it's not very useful) or interrupting / snaring targets for your casters.

Still, with respec stones going at 1 for 50 gold, it's not hard to fiddle around and find out what you like best - think i've tried out 6-7 different cleric specs in the last fortnight!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yeah that spec will definitely shine more in a tank setup. I suppose it depends on if your role will be on a tank train (in which case it's not very useful) or interrupting / snaring targets for your casters.

Still, with respec stones going at 1 for 50 gold, it's not hard to fiddle around and find out what you like best - think i've tried out 6-7 different cleric specs in the last fortnight!

50 smite!!!11

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
50 smite!!!11

All joking aside - smite scales VERY badly.

In a full smite template (geared for damage with some healing) and specced 20 smite, I hit for 250-350 reliably depending on resists. With full smite spec this only goes up to 350-400 (ignoring crits of course).

My current spec is 40 Enhance, 30 Rejuv, 20 Smite. Seems to be the best spec i've come across so far aside from the enjoyable 43 Smite 32 Rejuv (rocks when paired with a 40/36 cleric in a group). Particularly nice in either spec because you can drop onto the assist train every time the MA calls a new target and either Smite if it's a melee train or stun if it's a caster train.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
They should make smite clerics like valkaries imo!

Agreed - give Smite clerics a valk-quality pbaoe heal, and abs / cc reduction buff.

I don't think a 9% abs boost on top of chain would be overpowered, also boosting the pbaoe damage/heal values to a lifetap - for say 500 out going damage with 60% return (with a good template) and dropping the RUT to 10s, along with tripling the value of the spec damage spec add, and adding a selfheal to the highest spec nuke, would make the line pretty damn good again.

Oh that and give it a pbaoe rez (capped at say 5 people) on a 1 min RUT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom