PC Master Race Valheim

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
God that swamp boss is a pita

killed him eventually but took so long .. co-op with a friend so i guess he was harder Than solo.

just equipping with silver stuff now. Trying not to agro those rock monsters.

it Seems to screw with the raids that happen on you depending whose server you kill a boss on and doesnt key on the trophy being hung. I did the second boss on my friends server and we did the swamp one on mine. And im just getting swamp guys attacking me and not drakes now. Which i should as i have the wishbone.

edit: Valheim thread for @Jupitus

Ono

Part of the furniture
I've played a few minutes - not the most patient when it comes to crafting these days but seen some of the villages and compounds being built. May give this another longer go over the weekend.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Gearing up for the 3rd boss now (Bonemass) but I got a bit fed up with using two ports so dug a canal through a narrow bit of my area to join up two huge seas, so naturally I had to build some docks, a bridge high enough to get a boat under and a new crafting area and base area.

I've got more iron and intestines than I know what to do with now, so I think I am pretty much done with swamps and found a nice size mountain zone within fairly easy cart distance, so I am setting up a forward base and a cart track between it and my home.

I also found a small plains island that I am going to scout to see if I can cheese some materials, I'm a bit wary of them at the mo though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
New side project!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
How is this? i've heard mixed things about it

If you like openworld survivial games you can sink days of playtime into then it is one of the best because it does a lot of things right and removes a lot of annoying mechanics that other similar games use. Base building is simple but powerful (all games like this should support snapping). The tech tree, exploration, resources etc are done very well. Ignore the PvP though, it's trash.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Amazing so far but not sure what sort of legs it would have once all the bosses are dead, but that's a massive task in itself. Everything you do is basically aimed at killing the (very hard) bosses. To get the gear you have to gather the materials and craft them, the biomes work in a tier sort of system, meadow > Forest > Swamp > Mountain > Plains. Each biome being harder and harder but necessary to track down the next boss and gear up for it.

Recipes unlock by gathering materials, so unlocking iron weapons is gained from mining iron ore and converting it into bars at a smelter. Killing bosses opens up a couple of recipes and things that help in the next zone, for example, killing the 2nd boss gives you a key to open up crypts in the swamps, where you find iron.

The world is absolutely huge and largely randomly generated, so you will need to travel extensively to A, find the harder biomes and B, transport metal back via boat, bosses are also often long distances away. The boat/water/wind mechanics are some of the best I have seen, and it's great when you return from a long trip with a boat bursting with goodies, which leads us onto death. When you die, you lose all your stuff and have to get it back, you can place portals later on in the game which ease the pain usually, but you always have to be careful of death and some mobs are very tough. You will still need to boat with a portal as you cannot teleport metal or ore.

Building is good too, you have to think about load bearing, so you can't just build a massive tower, the roof needs proper support, you have to keep the rain off stuff, or it degrades over time.

You have to make your own food, you don't starve to death, but you do need to eat if you are out and about as it boosts your HP and stamina significantly. So farming meat, plants and veg are required. Then there are meads that you can make that give you resist buffs, healing pots etc....which you need bees and beehives to make honey.

Frankly, they could just turn around and say it's finished, despite being Early access, it is very well put together and there is a lot to do.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'll add a gripe though! The map doesn't update which can make it slightly awkward to plan properly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Boat doesn't fit down my canal, fucks sake. Going to do another iron run and sort it out, then go and check out mountains, need a load of frost arrows for bonemass.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually found it pretty easy now, except for those golem things in the mountains. Everything else can be kited and killed with bow.

Bonemass dead, on to the next one!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Actually found it pretty easy now, except for those golem things in the mountains. Everything else can be kited and killed with bow.

Bonemass dead, on to the next one!
We didnt have frost arrows for it. So it took ages to take down. I guess as you said frost arrows that its weak to them

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
Finished this a couple days ago, very well made with plenty of content for an early access game, looking forward to picking it up again in about a year when more content gets added.

Syri

FH is my second home
Decided to give this a go, not usually into survival games as they normally go to extremes with things like having to eat, drink etc... I really like the building, it's simple to get into but you can put some decent stuff together, and I'm still stuck with just wood for the moment.
I'm not great at this type of game, so just been taking it slow. Got the first boss down, started to make headway into the forest. Made a nice house near a forest area to work from, and a troll wandered out of the forest, which was fun. Then I went exploring by boat, went a pixel too far from shore and ended up in the ocean biome and got chomped by a sea serpent. Good times. It keeps you going back though, doesn't get so hard that you can't see a way to get past it eventually (so far).
Quite looking forward to getting stone-working, but it looks like I've a long way to go for that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, that's what I like about it, just pottering about, exploring, building stuff and the mobs have just the right amount of challenge to make it interesting, going through the different 'ages' wood, stone, copper, iron and so on. That's one of the things that impresses me so much that everything seems to scale really well.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
My mate and I have got our own server. Just killed Yagluth, the Plains boss. Now we've got a big undertaking. I built a base not too far from spawn on the waters edge, spent days levelling, raising and cutting the land, building the buildings etc. Then he complains that when we're going between buildings and it's raining, he gets wet, lol. Not feasible to put a roof over the whole area and have it look anywhere close to decent so we've selected an area of the plains we like and we're building a new base. It's going to be large. Staked out a 56x56m pitch and the building will cover all of it, everything inside apart from another area close by for farming. Going to dig a trench around it to keep out everything apart from the Deathsquitos.

Just have to farm around 5k Iron because the size of the building dicates the use of Ironwood beams for stability. That's gonna take a while!

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Screenshot (45).pngScreenshot (46).pngScreenshot (47).pngScreenshot (48).png

My test world where I can build in debug mode. Haven't done much in the way of interior walls because I know where they're going. This was just a design build. Not small!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom