Valewalker Realm Abilities Question

F

freakyphil

Ok, I have gotten into the low 40s and started doing RvR. The Hib zerg in DF last night was great fun! :)

But am unsure when it comes to Realm Abilities for Valewalkers. So far I have got MCL (Lvl 1) and Tireless (Lvl 1), but am unsure as to what to go for next.

Would I be better off saving up for such abilities as Purge and Defender of the Vale? Or build up towards Dodger and Mastery of Parrying?

Any tips or advice are greatly appreciated!
:clap:

Z

zebidee

Purge is always a must for any class if u intend to rvr alot and dont wanna be mezzed while yer grp gets slaughtered. Id get master of pain long before master of parry also. and that grp ablative thing VWs got is quite nice:) dunno the name, is that defender of the vale?

V

VodkaFairy

Just think of what you want to do in RvR and pick your abilities based on that.

Afaik the role of a valewalker is just damage dealing / snaring, so I guess I'd get high mopain.

Nuking a bit is probably a good way to draw aggro from tanks (? dunno) and some moparry / doger would be good too.. for solo also..

mcl is a must - rebuff after a rezz

purge & defender of the vale are a must aswell

and wild power / wild arcania should be nice if vw's can get that? i dunno

So purge, dotv, mcl, then:
dd dmg - wild power
melee dmg - mastery of pain
defence - moparry / dodger (also for the nice styles)

thats it i guess ;p

E

elerand

My VW has at rr3l3 (yikes low but no one wants me :()

Got aug dex 2, aug quick 2,aug str 1, aug acuity 2, dodger 2, mastery of parry 1, mastery of pain 1, wild arcana 1, wild power 1, sernity 1.

A bit of everything really, DOTV is ok, trouble is when it's up it gets overwritten by ablative procs and by the ablative buff proc VW's have.

With aug str 1 my unbuffed ws isn't far behind my rr5 bm's unbuffed pierce ws, gimped bm maybe :p

I find dodger very helpful, I prefer the evade chain solo, for the dot and DD's.

Nuking support is usually best, unless you spot a low health tank about that can be easily killed off, with dex buffs we lifetap pretty damn fast. So snare tanks on your support, dot their support and lifetap another, then go melee :D

F

freakyphil

Thanks for all the tips and advice!

See you all out in the frontiers!
:clap:

A

angrysquirrel

yeah get the group ablative thingy first ;-) and purge if you dont get determination :)

A

Ahqmae

If you ever get that many rp playing a vw, then buy purge first.

Then DoTV, mcl.

Then passives like dodger, mopain, moparry and such as you please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom