Utility?

A

acei

Could someone explain utility for me and why it is sooooo important to have high util on items please as i can't find much information on it.... all i've heard is the higher the util the better it is, that isn't a good explanation imo. Anyone have a better explanation please? :)

D

Damon_D

Ehhhh the more utillity the more bang for the buck you get...It takes a slot no matter if its 20 or 60 util..sooo higher is better..except a few things like power and such that cost alot more points than they worth.. Its kinda like asking why 25 dex is better than 5 dex on an item...you get 20 more dex from the used slot..ok ?

S

Silenzio

just compare dropped item to sc'ed item

u see the utility
a jewel with higer util will save/help u with scing armout or weapon
saveing gold and/or making ur set better

F

Flimgoblin

utility is the amount of "spellcraft power" you get from an item and is different to the cost (because you get points back on +skill etc. when SCing and the costs are a bit wacky)

think you take the total imbue value of an item assuming no discounts and maximum cost (e.g. 5 points per +skill) and total that = utility.

An effective utility is where you ignore useless stats (e.g. +4 soulrending counts for 0 unless yer a reaver - I'd generalyl recommend counting any +power as 0 utility for anyone as it's useless :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom