UT2004 has gone gold (copied from bluesnews)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Unreal Tournament 2004 Gold [March 04, 2004, 11:49 am EST] - 71 Comments
Atari sends word that Unreal Tournament 2004 is gold, and that Epic's multiplayer shooter sequel is due in stores "worldwide" on March 15:

Unreal Tournament 2004 was developed by Epic Games in conjunction with Digital Extremes. The game builds on the success of past installments, taking the franchise to the next level with the introduction of the hyper-charged Onslaught mode, the return of the fan-favorite Assault mode, which last appeared in the original Unreal Tournament, and the introduction of land-, air- and space-based vehicles.

Gamers worldwide have already made the free, downloadable official demo of Unreal Tournament 2004 one of the most popular game demo downloads of all time, with more than 1.5 million downloads in the first week of availability. The demo first hit the Internet on Wednesday, February 11, and was distributed on a worldwide scale and is already one of the most played online PC games on the Internet.

In the game, players suit up as the ultimate techno-gladiator of the future, taking their fates into their own hands as they battle up to 32 other players in action-packed, frag-filled arenas. Unreal Tournament 2004 contains new maps for all established game modes, including Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Bombing Run and Double Domination, as well as all new arenas for the new styles of play. In addition, Unreal Tournament 2004 contains all of the maps, mutators and game types -- such as Mutant, Last Man Standing and Invasion -- from Unreal Tournament 2003 and the free downloadable bonus packs for that game

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only one who found it really dull?

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I think Im getting to like it more and more, especially with the built in voice over net that works really really well

l

mank!

Part of the furniture
milou said:
According to Mark Rein/Atari there will be 3 editions:

1. 6 CD version

SIX CD's? Is that the standard version? I thought PlanetSide was huge weighing in at 4 CD's ffs! Oh well I'll just buy the cheapest :D

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Bollocks... just noticed this releases the same day as Battlefield Vietnam. You wait ages for a good FPS then 2 come along at once :/

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm still debating over this one. I love onslaught and imo it's the only reason to buy the game. The other modes were boring as sin.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Whether I buy it or not depends if Im bored with BF:Vietnam and Desert Combat, plus CoD matches and CS.

/trans Ill buy it in a bargain bucket in a year or so :)

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Funnily enough, I quickly bored of the much hyped Onslaught. But, Assault and DM are really quite gripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom