TedTheDog

We've 6 new toys for our subscribers to play with:
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Bombing Run (1) 213.221.174.199:7570
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Capture The Flag (1) 213.221.174.199:7590
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Death Match (1) 213.221.174.130:7570
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Death Match (2) 213.221.174.130:7590
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Domination (1) 213.221.174.130:7610
  • ut2 v2107 BarrysWorld - Team Death Match (1) 213.221.174.130:7630
Simply Logon (or use BarryLogon) and then update All Seeing Eye, GameSpy or the ingame browser and away you go.

Update
BarryServers (Clan Servers)
UT2003 has been rolled out to all existing Type C servers with a 12 player limit. It's a bit of a resource pig so this is all we are comfortable settings them at at the moment.

However, we will shortly have a new, high player limit product which will support much higher player limits of the games, including UT.

G

Gravity

there seems to be probs with the network linking to the servers

================================================
=== VisualRoute report on 04-Oct-02 15:04:00 ===

Report for 213.221.174.130 [bwserver17.barrysworld.com]

Analysis: IP packets are being lost past network "Point<>Point Connectivity" at hop 4. There is insufficient cached information to determine the next network at hop 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Hop | %Loss | IP Address | Node Name | Location | Tzone | ms | Graph | Network |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 0 | | 217.135.214.29 | gamesmachine | * | | | | Energis UK |
| 1 | | 195.92.168.26 | monkey.lns.birmingham.access.planet.net.uk | Birmingham, UK | * | 90 | x-- | Energis UK |
| 2 | | 195.92.168.2 | pbr-1.brm.as5388.net | - | | 87 | x | Energis UK |
| 3 | | 195.66.224.162 | ge0-0.th1.uk.as21099.net | ?London, UK | * | 92 | x | London Internet exchange (LINX) |
| 4 | | 213.221.179.115 | ge1-1.he2.uk.as21099.net | ?(United Kingdom) | * | 92 | x | Point<>Point Connectivity |
| ... | | | | | | | | |
| ? | | 213.221.174.130 | bwserver17.barrysworld.com | ?(United Kingdom) | * | | | Game Servers |
Roundtrip time to 213.221.179.115, average = 92ms, min = 92ms, max = 95ms -- 04-Oct-02 15:04:00

=== VisualRoute report on 04-Oct-02 15:07:57 ===

Report for 213.221.174.199 [bwserver13.barrysworld.com]

Analysis: IP packets are being lost past network "Point<>Point Connectivity" at hop 4. There is insufficient cached information to determine the next network at hop 5.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Hop | %Loss | IP Address | Node Name | Location | Tzone | ms | Graph | Network |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 0 | | 217.135.214.29 | gamesmachine | * | | | | Energis UK |
| 1 | | 195.92.168.26 | monkey.lns.birmingham.access.planet.net.uk | Birmingham, UK | * | 89 | x- | Energis UK |
| 2 | | 195.92.168.2 | pbr-1.brm.as5388.net | - | | 87 | x | Energis UK |
| 3 | | 195.66.224.162 | ge0-0.th1.uk.as21099.net | ?London, UK | * | 223 | ---x----- | London Internet exchange (LINX) |
| 4 | | 213.221.179.115 | ge1-1.he2.uk.as21099.net | ?(United Kingdom) | * | 96 | x-- | Point<>Point Connectivity |
| ... | | | | | | | | |
| ? | | 213.221.174.199 | bwserver13.barrysworld.com | ?(United Kingdom) | * | | | Game Servers |
Roundtrip time to 213.221.179.115, average = 96ms, min = 92ms, max = 186ms -- 04-Oct-02 15:07:57

T

TedTheDog

The servers are only available to subscribers who've also logged on.
Its £24 a year (or £12 if your a GAME reward card holder) and gets you a whole bunch of stuff that is all listed here

Oh yeah, and what Starman said too....

S

shabazz

*slaps himself*

*slaps himself twice*

I ask questions, then find the answers right in front of me :D

E

executor2k

Damn! I dont have the game YET!

Burning my retailer to the ground!

Burn Baby Burn!

E

executor2k

For what i have heard, it seems that UT2K3 Server side requires lots of HardWare POWA! I mean CPU/RAM POWA, not the bandwidth, since they told us they build a aweson NETCODE.... that requires less net bandwidth to play compared to UT... ?!?!?! ( I have to see it, to beleive it )....

I was wandering if the BW System Administrator department would have to create a new Server Type Category just because of the UT2K3 and his Hardware requirement, like Category D....

I have to stop drinking thoses beers!

( We need a mutator to replace thoses adrelalina capsules with BEER CANS!!!! )

G

Gravity

ted i am a subscriber and i was logged on at the time - nigh on everyone who was on that server today said it was unplayable to warping/lag

T

TedTheDog

The server lads will be looking at the CPU usage etc of the servers running this, as its a new game. Theres often lag issues with new stuff, whilst server-nerds find a balance through experience.
By the way, you talking about the demo servers or the new retail servers?

G

Gravity

retail - btw i love this game :)

:m00:

i'll have to drag a few of the {KEA} cs guys in here to play as well

S

Swerve

The servers are bloody awefull!!!...Massive hold back and packet loss...Seems unbelievable that Barrys are the only ones like this...Please someone look into it as at the moment they are indeed unplayable...Oh and all servers are now visible to me if i don't log in!, so does that mean BW has gone public again now?
Just curious....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ok all sorted now,, the servers no longer appear in ASE so i joined them with the Barrys browser...Nice and smooth no packet loss, and low pings...Still curious why they where like that at the start though..

N

natrat

They were like that due to a port conflict, which we immediately sorted :)

S

Sar

Bought the game yesterday, and been playing it loads, both single and multiplayer.

Fucking superb game, love it to bits.

Might actually pimp my uber-services to a clan for this :D

T

Testin da Cable

oh guh. lazy me hasn't gotten it yet. oh well, there's monday then...:)

S

Starman

Well I ordered my copy from play hopefully it will be here by tuesday which is my cable install day at my new flat yayay

T

treder

Ghost town

No-one to be seen on these servers :(

Where is everyone playing then?

S

Starman

I was playing last night at round midnight there were ppl playing.

O

old.[MN]Scooter

Re: Ghost town

Originally posted by treder
No-one to be seen on these servers :(

Where is everyone playing then?

hehe they are too tight to hand over the 24 quid. I saw someone on a BW 3wave server the other day though! :p

They will come - some of the UT servers I have tried that are packed must be attached to the network by a wet peice of string and powered by on old 386sx - going down the same bit of the map over and over like you're on a bungee rope gets old. Real old. Real fast.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Starman
BW servers do not respond to pings.
I don't claim to be bright about these things, but since the servers are now subs only, would it not be useful to re-enable the ability to ping the boxes to help resolve connection problems as wouldnt the firewall system shield them from abuse?

W

wowbagger

I think we need a BW UT2003 CTF League before ppl start to show up.

Any news on this?

B

bigfoot

Not at the moment, although hopefully sometime soon.

G

Guffrie

if there was to be any leagues, they would, IMO, be a ctf or tdm league as they seem more popular than DD and BR

Users who are viewing this thread