Using a customer UI in SI 1.70?

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Using a custom UI in SI 1.70?

Basically, is it now possible to use a custom UI with SI?

I've no idea if it's meant to work but I created a \custom and put a UI in there but don't get to select it in the list? Just want to make sure I'm not being stupid.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Nevermind, just re-read the patchnotes.

- Custom skins are not allowed using the Shrouded Isles client.

Which is a shame as it's really fucking ugly ;<

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Technically there is/was a way to use custom UI's with SI, I don't know if they 'fixed' this (hell, I don't know if it's possible to fix it) but if you copy and paste your custom UI files to replace the default UI files After the autopatcher does it's thing you can reportedly use them...

That said it seems like a big pain in the ass seeing as you'd have to do it every single time you login to the game (autopatcher would restore default UI) so unless your really-really desperate to get rid of the default UI I wouldn't bother.

Also it's worth pointing out I don't know if it would work anymore. Especially with custom windows, and since pretty much every player-made UI uses custom windows in one form or another i'm not even sure you'd be able to use them.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Well if that works Archeon you dont have to recopy the files everytime: you dont have to use the patcher to start daoc.

Id explain how, but the GOA folks reading these forums are unlikely to be happy with it - not using the patcher means not picking up the latest bug fixes, and potentially more support problems for them.

Edit: nevermind, someone else explained it already ;)

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the tips guys.

Only really annoying thing is that all the boxes are squify and different shapes/sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom