useful website

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Handy stuff!

I tend to just get a bit of paper and do the old "income on one side, outgoing on the other" bit once in a while, or at most I'll put it in a quick excel spreadsheet.

This thing's just as easy though, and the pie chart and annual/monthly/weekly breakdown is pretty handy to know :)

Good find Mr Tris old chap :cheers:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Me and my fiance bought a money planner, has all the different sections for direct debits/outgoings/ingoings etc, its handy having it all written down. This months fotm; being sensible with money obviously :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i like that it takes out all your NI and Tax at the same time.
i dont like the amounts of course, but i like the feature :eek:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
fuck me i actually take home less than £4 an hour, shit that just really depressed me...

...but at the end of the month i always have quite a bit of money left and that is taking into account that I wack a large ammount into savings; ok so am happy now.

tris-

fuck me i actually take home less than £4 an hour, shit that just really depressed me...

...but at the end of the month i always have quite a bit of money left and that is taking into account that I wack a large ammount into savings; ok so am happy now.

the £ per hour is quite suprising especially if youre paid by the hour rather than a salary.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
actually I just put in all my outgoings lol and I earn like 70p an hour rofl.

This is a great site though tris, I just emailed it to B2 because his folks are coming down tomorrow and I think this will help set their minds at ease to see exactly what out outgoings and incomings are,

Cheers bud!

tris-

my take home per hour will be £2.53 after everything is taken off.
tv license costs 7 fucking pence an hour.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh I am actually considering cancelling my tv license and just using the telly for dvds etc because there is like one show I enjoy left that hasn't been shit canned (yet)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
tbh I am actually considering cancelling my tv license and just using the telly for dvds etc because there is like one show I enjoy left that hasn't been shit canned (yet)
If you watch tv online, you are still required to pay for a license, the thieves.

What if I only use a TV to watch videos/DVDs/as a monitor for my games console? Do I still need a licence?

You do not need a TV Licence if you only use your TV to watch videos and DVDs or as a monitor for your games console.

You can tell us that you do not need a TV Licence by using our online declaration form. One of our Enforcement Officers may visit you to confirm that you do not need a licence.

tris-

You can get done for that apparently as your tv is still able to recieve tv signals.

Even if you have a tv card, you are required to pay for the tv license.

you just have to untune it i believe.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yea, I had to double check that as the law has changed.

georgie

FH is my second home
If you watch tv online, you are still required to pay for a license, the thieves.

Only if you're watching it live afaik.

[edit]

Better back that up:

tvlicensing.co.uk said:
You must be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV. It makes no difference what equipment you use - whether it’s a laptop, PC, mobile phone, digital box, DVD recorder or a TV set - you still need a licence.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
"since you logged on to this website you have earned 3p"

/depression

Vae

Resident Freddy
I would point out to anyone using the site that the income tax and NI calculator is rather wrong. For one thing it's using a tax code of 543L which is for 08/09 but even then the calculation is wrong.

tris-

so youre saying you would end up with LESS money than it says?

edit: there is a box that lets you change the tax code. did you try that too vae?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom