US Naval ship Vs. Canada

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
americans.gif

This is prolly old. But I have never ever seen it before! :fluffle:

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
That captain must have felt very stupid when he got told he was trying to tell a lighthouse to divert :worthy:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never ever seen that before! Brilliant! :D

*wipes off excess sarcasm*

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
My god..if thats new...I drove that fast to work I went back in time!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Though I must admit it might be new - because thats just showing a red X to me - but the comments following lead me to believe its the old - Bear 5 degrees right blah blah.. We are a lighthouse, your move. type one...

Otherwise - anyone want to buy my Renault Delorean?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
99% of the time when someone screams "OLD!!!", it was new to me.

however this one i had seen before, must be REALLY old... still good none the less :drink:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yea... its so old that its about time it became new again

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Beat me to it.

Heard a story once which I quite liked about a weapon system on a RAF fighter plane crashing, it always happened on the same test mission at the same time, engineers rallied around and were unable to solve the problem, until one day a bright spark noticed their location - turns out that at a set point on their flight path the plane dipped below sea level, at this point the software which controlled the weapon system did a divide by zero (sea level) and crashed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Alan said:
Beat me to it.

Heard a story once which I quite liked about a weapon system on a RAF fighter plane crashing, it always happened on the same test mission at the same time, engineers rallied around and were unable to solve the problem, until one day a bright spark noticed their location - turns out that at a set point on their flight path the plane dipped below sea level, at this point the software which controlled the weapon system did a divide by zero (sea level) and crashed.

well atleast that one is slightly logical and could probably happen on paper...

but i really really doubt someone would mistake a light house for another ship. be it americans or not...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
its old but funny nonetheless, there was a site which showed the comments between pilots and engineers. The pilot would write out any problems, then the engineer would write the fix.

e.g.

Pilot:- strange squeeking noise in cockpit
Engineer:- Cat Installed

Pilot:- Random screw loose in cockpit
Engineer:- Random screw tightened.

anyone know the link to this?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:

I don't dispute the fact that it's fake, but this statement from that site comes off as kind of off the mark:

<snip>
Of the many flaws in the recent version, the most glaring is that there is no longer a radio crew - or any crew, for that matter - on any lighthouse on the U.S. coastline. The last one was automated 10 years ago, said Lt. j.g. Ed Westfall, the lighthouse program manager for the U.S. Coast Guard's Fifth District, based in Portsmouth.
</snip>

IT WAS A CANADIAN LIGHTHOUSE !!!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
never heard it so i dont really care if its old :)

funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom