US free trial..

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
ellos peeps

Im thinking of trying out one of the Non-TOA servers over in US \o/ ...i know i can download the free 14 day trial etc... But im wondering is it possible for me to copy&paste my EU daoc folder to another /dir then change the code so it patches from US instead of EU? ...will save me having to d/load the 15day trial :D

If so what code do i need to enter to patch from us instead of EU :)

ty in advance guys :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i wonder why they dont do such thing in europe? because that server would have a population of 10000 ? :D

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Search is your friend.

really? :p

Angelheal,

Agreed :( but hopefully if the US one is successful (which im sure it will be) EU will probably follow suit...as always us Euros ALWAYS get things later, especially when it comes to daoc! :(

But for time being gunna try the Lam server over on US & who knows, if its any good i might even become resident there :)

Enariol

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, it works perfectly fine, only thing you need to change are line 2 and 3 in update.dat. I'm at work now so don't have access to it atm but if it aint in this thread by the time I get home I'll paste it here

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Enariol said:
Yes, it works perfectly fine, only thing you need to change are line 2 and 3 in update.dat. I'm at work now so don't have access to it atm but if it aint in this thread by the time I get home I'll paste it here
Update.dat:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

:cool:

Gettafix

Fledgling Freddie
US non toa servers, anyone started yet ?

I'm seriously thinking of going to the US non toa servers, partly because toa is too time consuming and means you always have to play just one character, partly cos I think it would be great to start on a fresh server and a level playing field.

I have started the US free trial but it currently says lamorak is a test server and to download the test.exe. Just wondering if the server will change from test mode on the 14th and I can play it without downloading such test.exe ? The account currenly seems to work ok on the other US servers.

I have patched to the US version by copying and pasting my EU version. It currently says I am SI enabled, so I guess I just have to buy a US catacombs Key to play the new classes and areas?

Cheers Gettafix

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
If you didnt register your account before the 1st of july you will not be able to access lamorak or gareth untill the 14th. Otherwise its the 12th. Anyway im starting XPing tonight, should be plenty of action in the early bg's tonight :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Gettafix said:
I have patched to the US version by copying and pasting my EU version. It currently says I am SI enabled, so I guess I just have to buy a US catacombs Key to play the new classes and areas?
Cheers Gettafix

Yes for all the zones you need catas. But note you will not be able to play TOA races without TOA installed, Probably not an issue for you but something to remember.

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
thanks guys :)

in the end i just d/loaded the free trial, only took a couple of hours which was faster than i expected :D

It gave me 2 .exe's ...one for the test server & one for the live server on lam server

Only thing is im away on hols at the end of this week for 1week, so gunna wait until im back probably before i activate the account :)

What realm you guys on? Im thinking of either going hib or mid..probably hib as ive always played hib on pryd so i know where to go for decent xp etc

Anywayz, ty again guys & cyaz on lam! :D

P.S any euro guilds on lam atm recruitung anyone know :) ?

calzz

Fledgling Freddie
So will you have to run the si client or what? Or does the free trial include catacombs. Also what server/realm are fh people going? :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
mirieth! said:
it doesn't include catas, no.

But the free trial does include the cata client, so the graphics are alot better for newbies looking to join DAOC.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
AngelHeal said:
i wonder why they dont do such thing in europe? because that server would have a population of 10000 ? :D

no it wouldent. as ths server cap is 3500 players i think :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pvp was at the server cap for a month... look at camlann now...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

But PvP servers are probably the most competative and least newbie/casual friendly servers type, while this new one is the opposite :) But sure, only time will tell, and its probably wise of GOA to wait and evaluate its success before giving us one here.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
PVPserver for DAOC is shit tho and noone knew it would be back then. We all know no TOA is good since most of us has played it already.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Update.dat:

Mythic Patch

:cool:

Hm... i guess this gives you the cata engine right? Even if you have EU ToA installed? Is there any way to convert EU ToA to US ToA, without upgrading it to the cata engine?!
(already have cata installed, but want toa engine for recording, will probably not lag as much).

Game Over

Fledgling Freddie
Is it possible to purchase full game cd keys from Mythic ?

If not, how are you europeans playing it ?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Game Over said:
Is it possible to purchase full game cd keys from Mythic ?

If not, how are you europeans playing it ?

Download the 14 day trial from Mythic for free (Classis+SI with upgraded engine), then either just play that (renew sub after 14 days etc) or get Cata and ToA from some store that sells US copies, or buy a key online from one of the online stores that does this and copy your EU version of Cata to another folder and change that copy to patch to US instead (instructions on how to do this have been stated alot of times on these boards so should be pretty easy to find).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom