US Elections

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by ECA, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

That seems like such a stupid mistake for a well trained (or at least paid) team to make

2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

4. Scouse

Scouse Glyphosate-fuelled tumor-boy FH Subscriber

5. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

6. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Trump will probably end up telling everyone how amazing he is that he saved $2,971,200,000 on the monthly wage bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Is that his plan to pay for the fence? The money he saves from the government shutdown.

8. Gwadien

That precisely what I thought when I worked that out (It's the average US monthly wage x800,000)

Only has to do it for 2 more months and he's sorted!

9. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

10. Job

Im waiting for.

Mr Trump are you actually a lizard from planet Zog.

11. SilverHood

SilverHood Part of the furniture

An aussie friend went through immigration the other day... they aren't even looking at the travel docs. If it scans, you're in. "We're not even getting paid, just go on in" . That's some sweet irony.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wij

FUBAR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gwadien

I'd do exactly the same to be honest.

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that America hasn't got behind these 800,000 people against the Government.

Sure it's happened before, but I don't think any President has ever been so carefree in his approach to it and the impact it has on the people.

14. Wij

IIRC about 51% of Americans blame Trump as opposed to 29% who blame Democrats so I'd say a lot of America is behind them.

15. Job

If it scans.

Well theres 99% of the job done.

16. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

To be honest I find the whole thing quite surreal. Is there any other advanced country where one branch of government can put a gun to the public sector’s head and not pay them to get what they want? It’s really weird; in most countries the public sector is the safest place to work (which is why pay is generally lower than the private sector) but in the US government employees must be shitting themselves every Christmas.

17. Gwadien

Especially for a country that is prides itself on not trusting the Government, the Government seems to hold lots of power. :p

I see @Job is still supporting him, the cunt. :)

18. Gwadien

Well, I'd atleast expect the rest of the public sector to down tools in response.

19. Job

Maybe because the dems are blocking one of his key election pledges that got him voted in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wij

Ah so Mexico is paying for it then?

(also a reminder that for the first two years in office the GOP held house and senate and couldn't pass it then)

21. Gwadien

That clearly isn't how US democracy works.

If you do shit on the mid-terms then you expect that it's going to be a shit time as President in terms of trying to pass stuff through.

He's not a fucking dictator.

For the record, I think the mid-terms are stupid and they need to be scrapped, but I don't think you can pretend that you're a dictator at the expense of your citizens.

22. Wij

Exactly. Co-equal branches of government. All the Senators and Reps have been voted in too.

Many much more recently than Trump.

23. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

You mean the republicans who didnt allow it through for 2 years...

24. Job

Closet democrats obviously

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  25. Lakih

Lakih FH is my second home

My experience has always been, if you have a stamp in your passport that shows a previous visit to the US they barely look at you. But if it's a fresh passport or your first visit, you get the regular handful of questions.

26. Scouse

Scouse Glyphosate-fuelled tumor-boy FH Subscriber

I made sure I got a Cuba stamp in my old passport. The Cuban immigration official asked if I was sure as the Yanks can give you a hard time over it.

He wasn't wrong. But it's nice to be able to be able to disabuse American's of their belief that they're 'free' :)