United States Corrupt Twattery

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Mostly all posted as the media narrative you love posting as fact is far more nuanced than first appears, and is frequently posted as fact with very little actual evidence behind it. "According to sources familiar with the matter" is used far too often, and is doing heavy lifting again with the Cohen story.
I'm not quoting as fact except where the story has solid evidence. Where it doesn't it's for interest. No one knows what the DoJ has evidence-wise on most of this yet but with luck we will soon. We do know that Trump Jr attended a meeting with Russians to get dirt on Clinton and that Trump lied about having no business interest in Russia in 2016 and a few other bits. The rest is good gossip at the moment but here's hoping...

I also knew you'd have issues with the source of the Khashoggi story, which is why I pointed out that WaPo has confirmed it as well. Considering the story was pretty much controlled by Erdoğan ,is a rat not being smelled in the slightest?

Doesn't affect the fact that MBS ordered an extra-judicial killing. That's still bad.

Your sources, yes. I mean David Raeboi is a Breitbart contibutor (although you don't read that apparently) and is of that sphere so that's where I'd expect it to come from. Again, I don't think it's impossible, though I suspect, if it is, it is greatly exaggerated / hyped. Why raise it though and what am I supposed to think differently because of it?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm not quoting as fact except where the story has solid evidence. Where it doesn't it's for interest. No one knows what the DoJ has evidence-wise on most of this yet but with luck we will soon. We do know that Trump Jr attended a meeting with Russians to get dirt on Clinton and that Trump lied about having no business interest in Russia in 2016 and a few other bits. The rest is good gossip at the moment but here's hoping...

Doesn't affect the fact that MBS ordered an extra-judicial killing. That's still bad.

Your sources, yes. I mean David Raeboi is a Breitbart contibutor (although you don't read that apparently) and is of that sphere so that's where I'd expect it to come from. Again, I don't think it's impossible, though I suspect, if it is, it is greatly exaggerated / hyped. Why raise it though and what am I supposed to think differently because of it?

Point 1) I'm guessing we're looking for different things. I'm interested in the truth, your post betrays that you want to get rid of the democratically elected leader of the United States. If the truth results in that then awesome, if it was all a hissy fit as Hillary didn't win then not so much.

Point 2) Yes, extra judicial killings are bad - even in the Middle East, where normal laws of decency don't really apply. But the extra judicial killing of a journalist and the same killing of a Qatari Spy are completely different ballgames . As your favorite paper have pretty much admitted that he was a spy, then we're now playing cricket rather than football .

Guess I'm looking for the story behind the story. Others, not so much.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Point 1) I'm guessing we're looking for different things. I'm interested in the truth, your post betrays that you want to get rid of the democratically elected leader of the United States. If the truth results in that then awesome, if it was all a hissy fit as Hillary didn't win then not so much.
Yes I do because he's an arsehole, a moron and because all indications are that he's been a criminal all his life. If evidence proves that then I'm happy that he might be removed from office whether he was elected or not. Nothing wrong with that.

Point 2) Yes, extra judicial killings are bad - even in the Middle East, where normal laws of decency don't really apply. But the extra judicial killing of a journalist and the same killing of a Qatari Spy are completely different ballgames . As your favorite paper have pretty much admitted that he was a spy, then we're now playing cricket rather than football .

Guess I'm looking for the story behind the story. Others, not so much.

It sounds more like you're just happy to muddy the waters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Successes include producing more oil and replacing the clean power plan?

As for the right to try law - it sounds good but what it will enable is big corporations conducting potentially exploitative scientific experimentation on the terminally ill.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
There is some good stuff on that list, and some that is questionable, but when you have to put "behaved himself at a funeral" in an article about his greatest achievements of the year, even if it didn't make the top ten, you're probably scraping the barrel a bit.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The reaction of the left..the left populist media and just about every snowflake on the planet is like theyve found out the bogeyman is real.

Just go back over it.

He cant read.
He cant spell.
He mentally retarded

And now he tell kids Father Christmas isnt real.

Its just pathetic...the media posts endless boloks and the establishment is trying to tar him with the Ruskies.

They really need to get real themselves ..is this the best they can do?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The reaction of the left..the left populist media and just about every snowflake on the planet is like theyve found out the bogeyman is real.

Just go back over it.

He cant read.
He cant spell.
He mentally retarded

And now he tell kids Father Christmas isnt real.

Its just pathetic...the media posts endless boloks and the establishment is trying to tar him with the Ruskies.

They really need to get real themselves ..is this the best they can do?

It isn't stuff they are doing it is stuff that he is doing.

It's also important to remember that for lots of young the only President they've known is Obama who was a cool guy in public, he had a sense of humour and genuinely seemed like a nice man.

Then the complete polar opposite replaces him.

I do think that makes his image look worse.

Job

Yes..his image..to snowflakes.

The rest of us live in the real world.

Gwadien

Yes..his image..to snowflakes.

The rest of us live in the real world.

I think you'll find yourself very much in a minority.

In America, sure it might be a different story, but I think the rest of the world find him hilarious and inept without help of the media.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Agreed. His rating outside of the US is terrible. Not because of the media and snowflakes. Because he’s a shit cunt.

Job

I only see him through the media..so does the rest of the world.

Your entire view of him is an agenda.

Gwadien

Again, you're the one that preaches that we're all robots and you're the free one.

Yet your very language is shaped by the man and his mates.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

No. It's shaped by everything he says and does. He tweets out what a cunt he is every day. We're not mistaken.

Job

Thats all you hear..the left media has carefully constructed his entire presidency into a farce and did the exact opposte with Obama.
You take no time to see through the agendas of your storytellers as long as that story fits your prejudice.
Its not about Trump..its about how easy it is for them to construct a bogeyman at will...obviously its easy with Trump..but they do it with everyone..you lap it up and then accuse anyone who disagrees of the exact same gullibility.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Thats all you hear..the left media has carefully constructed his entire presidency into a farce and did the exact opposte with Obama.
You take no time to see through the agendas of your storytellers as long as that story fits your prejudice.
Its not about Trump..its about how easy it is for them to construct a bogeyman at will...obviously its easy with Trump..but they do it with everyone..you lap it up and then accuse anyone who disagrees of the exact same gullibility.

The difference is Trump isn't always coming through a media filter; he's coming at you direct through his own Twitter account and everything he says is demonstrably fucking stupid. You don't need to read the commentary about him, you can see it live every day.

Job

Of course..but there is no counter to it.
He does actually have semi intelligent interviews and opinions, the tweeting is all part of a WWF approach to controlling the political landscape.
Hes not an idiot, him and his best buddy, the guy who owns WWF/E have taken simplistic emotional led politics and made him the president.

Why are you not interested in the story behind the shock.
Your reaction to Trump is the same as the wrestling crowd.

Gwadien

Of course..but there is no counter to it.
He does actually have semi intelligent interviews and opinions, the tweeting is all part of a WWF approach to controlling the political landscape.
Hes not an idiot, him and his best buddy, the guy who owns WWF/E have taken simplistic emotional led politics and made him the president.

Why are you not interested in the story behind the shock.
Your reaction to Trump is the same as the wrestling crowd.

No, your reaction is the same as a wresting crowd.

You know it's fake but you wanna lap it up because it's entertaining and you're being distracted.

Gwadien

I do wonder who's going to come out of this worse.

I mean outside of America (apart from Job) it's clearly Trump having a sulk because of the way that American democracy works, but I don't know, does his bleating about it being the Democrats fault work?

Democrats vow to pass US shutdown bills

Job

No, your reaction is the same as a wresting crowd.

You know it's fake but you wanna lap it up because it's entertaining and you're being distracted.
There could be some truth in that..I am entertained by his style..I'm also entertained by people taking it seriously.

Gwadien

There could be some truth in that..I am entertained by his style..I'm also entertained by people taking it seriously.

He's the President of the United States of America, shouldn't he be taking it seriously?

Job

I mean seriously as in taking ofg the cuff remarks as some kind of legal order of intent.
People are so used to carefully crafted press releases that the real world comes as a shock.

Gwadien

I mean seriously as in taking ofg the cuff remarks as some kind of legal order of intent.
People are so used to carefully crafted press releases that the real world comes as a shock.

So what you're saying is, Trump basically got elected because of the stuff he tweeted about - WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL etc, but because they were on Twitter they're 'off the cuff remarks' meaning that they don't actually hold any meaning behind them.

But you moan about the Political Elite and them not sticking to what they say they're going to do etc?

Actually, you know, you're right.

The Political Elite are the middle class, and they expect a degree of professionalism and respectability from their leader, your reaction is the working class response of fighting against that.

I think I understand but I still think it's fucking stupid to treat politics like it's a chat down the pub.

Job

But you are reacting like people down the pub.

You like to think of yourselves as all above it, intellectually superior and all.
Yet you post on here.
Omg look what hes tweeted.

Are you shocked by the content or just the way he says it, plently of millenials would see firing out one liners as perfectly normal.

Gwadien

Are you shocked by the content or just the way he says it, plently of millenials would see firing out one liners as perfectly normal.

Not from the President of the United States though.

He's always been dictating his policy over Twitter, your argument that we shouldn't take his Tweets serious is bullshit.

Job

So why do take carefully crafted..pc filtered, focus group applied, press releases seriously?

They are no more likely to come to fruition..are basically salesman talk and are far more divisive behind the scenes.

I guess it comes from my dislike of pseudointellect speak.

Its that part snobbery/elitism management/ uni drivel that is taught and projected as intelligence.

The stuff I had to write when reporting to senior management.
Further to your enquiries..careful consideration of the consequences...projections of validity..

I just started writing actual technical stuff..they soon stopped reading it, because they didnt have an actual clue of how the real world works.

The problems are caused by the the RTG percentage generators are interfering with each other and sending the higher bit rate coax cabled traffic over high capacitance cabling and battering the error repair circuitry.

I might as well send.
Further to your investigative request.
Its fucked..we'll fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom