United States Corrupt Twattery

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Total straw man. The point being made is that Trump claims credit for the stock market going up but blames others when it goes down. You’re just deflecting his behalf.

And yet you blame him when the economy tanks and give credit to others when it is going well. Not deflecting, just pointing out logical fallacies you wouldn't see being fully deranged :)

Bodhi

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And yet you blame him when the economy tanks and give credit to others when it is going well. Not deflecting, just pointing out logical fallacies you wouldn't see being fully deranged :)
No. I don’t. The DOW is all over the place in 2018 and no longer showing a growth trajectory. I think that Trump’s tariffs and inconsistencies may be responsible for this trend after eight previous years of growth.

Where I do point out a stock market fall for a day it’s not because I think that individual day is all down to Trump. It’s because he has said all the growth days were down to him and therefore he should own the bad days too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
1) Bit amateurish of a top secret SEAL team to pose for pictures isn't it?

No, not if they thought they wouldn’t be published right now. Literally no. Absolutely not. You are blaming the troops. Classy. What a weird talking point.

Bodhi

No. I don’t. The DOW is all over the place in 2018 and no longer showing a growth trajectory. I think that Trump’s tariffs and inconsistencies may be responsible for this trend after eight previous years of growth.

Where I do point out a stock market fall for a day it’s not because I think that individual day is all down to Trump. It’s because he has said all the growth days were down to him and therefore he should own the bad days too.

On this very thread you put all the good things happening in the US economy for the first year he got elected down to Obama.

Bodhi

No, not if they thought they wouldn’t be published right now. Literally no. Absolutely not. You are blaming the troops. Classy. What a weird talking point.

Google "pictures of the SAS" and get back to me. I suspect if cameras were allowed for their version, there is something the very prosaic article was missing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
On this very thread you put all the good things happening in the US economy for the first year he got elected down to Obama.
Which isn’t at all inconsistent although that’s still a mischaracterisation. He inherited the economy. That doesn’t mean that Obama was 100% responsible.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Google "pictures of the SAS" and get back to me. I suspect if cameras were allowed for their version, there is something the very prosaic article was missing.
Not an argument.

Bodhi

Not an argument.

So the fact that they may have known exactly what was going on and been OK with it for reasons the article isn't letting us know about is not an argument?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So the fact that they may have known exactly what was going on and been OK with it for reasons the article isn't letting us know about is not an argument?

I think if the president of the US asked for a photo you wouldn't say no, and youd kind of him to know the security procedures.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you’ve got anything to back that up then yes.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Humans and fish can live peacefully.

Job

Here we go.
Its like a parody innit.

You know the US has had a balloonhead in charge before.

Stormfront!!!!!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Here we go.
Its like a parody innit.

You know the US has had a balloonhead in charge before.

Stormfront!!!!!!

Well no, but for everyone that isn't choking on his orange dick, they're fully aware that Bush was an idiot, but Trump makes Bush look like Einstein.

That isn't the media, that's just him.

It's his arrogance which is the funniest part - Bush laughs in some of those videos where he realised he fucked up, where as Trump sticks with it and makes it look like he's trying to be clever.

Job

Its not about Trump..its all about the human attention span and the baddie arriving at the wrestling match/pantomine.
Its because half the people want John Wayne and the other half want mr focus group.

Yes well if we stick together..solve our differences..look past our prejudices..invest in green tech and have a big hug, these immigrants could be the next trans space scientists...hit the ground running and all sing off the same hymn sheet.

Goes back to the Whitehouse.

Hows the bombing going?

Bodhi

If you’ve got anything to back that up then yes.

Given how often the story has changed over the last 2 years when you dig into things a little deeper I'll just wait for the correction.

But then I'm guessing you still think Kashoggi was just a journalist, those hats Trump signed were provided by the President and the Michael Cohen spotted in Prague was the dodgy lawyer and not another US Asset with the same name?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Given how often the story has changed over the last 2 years when you dig into things a little deeper I'll just wait for the correction.

But then I'm guessing you still think Kashoggi was just a journalist, those hats Trump signed were provided by the President and the Michael Cohen spotted in Prague was the dodgy lawyer and not another US Asset with the same name?
Mmm’kay. Links?

Bodhi

Bodhi

Russian opinion on Syria withdrawal is a bit different to Trump’s:

View: https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1078688839076667392

Russian state media in thinking everything is a victory for Russia shocker. I'll assume you've never watch RT whilst struggling to sleep in a hotel - they do that a lot :)

I'm also loving how the Bad Orange Man has got people claiming military excursions to the Middle East a great thing for America and must be continued. Can't say I have too much love for the guy, but the contortions his critics go through are fucking hilarious.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No one mentioned this so whatevs.

Khashoggi - https://securitystudies.org/jamal-khashoggi-and-qatar-in-the-echo-chamber/
Bit of a long read, but if you're struggling it has a link to the original WaPo piece where they admitted it.
I had myself a bet on a The Federalist link but SSG is pretty much the same thing so I'm giving myself credit here.

A mixture of slight truths and distractions here. Sure Khashoggi had some involvement with the Brotherhood which, given that Saudi was quite OK with them in the 80s is not surprising. The Brotherhood is a large complex grouping which mixes some vaguely competent and sensible elements with some other bits filled with utter fuckers. It's literally everywhere (not literally OK) in the Arab world.

Some other stuff about Qatar which again isn't exactly surprising although it's stated in the most conspiratorial terms but admittedly even a whiff of wouldn't endear anyone to MBS.

Why this is an argument that extra-judicial killing is fine though is something that I can't figure out. Maybe you didn't claim that, if not, why raise it?

Multiple Cohens -
View: https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/819187673961287681?s=19

Which we've known for nearly 2 years now, but muh Russia.

That has nothing to do with the recent news that apparently a phone registered to the actual Michael Cohen seemed to activate in Prague at the time it was claimed he was negotiating with Russian Intelligence. We'll see how that one plays out but again no one raised the claim you are referring to. I raised the phone one out of interest but that is nothing whatsoever to do with the 2 Michael Cohens mix-up.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Russian state media in thinking everything is a victory for Russia shocker. I'll assume you've never watch RT whilst struggling to sleep in a hotel - they do that a lot :)

I'm also loving how the Bad Orange Man has got people claiming military excursions to the Middle East a great thing for America and must be continued. Can't say I have too much love for the guy, but the contortions his critics go through are fucking hilarious.
RT is not the same as Russian Domestic State Media. The media for domestic consumption regularly claims credit for electing Trump via their meddling. There was one yesterday. I thought about posting it but couldn't be arsed.

RT of course denies everything.

On the other hand I'm happy to concede your point that Russian State Media, whether for domestic or foreign consumption, talks a lot of shit and I take it with a pinch of salt.

Bodhi

No one mentioned this so whatevs.

I had myself a bet on a The Federalist link but SSG is pretty much the same thing so I'm giving myself credit here.

A mixture of slight truths and distractions here. Sure Khashoggi had some involvement with the Brotherhood which, given that Saudi was quite OK with them in the 80s is not surprising. The Brotherhood is a large complex grouping which mixes some vaguely competent and sensible elements with some other bits filled with utter fuckers. It's literally everywhere (not literally OK) in the Arab world.

Some other stuff about Qatar which again isn't exactly surprising although it's stated in the most conspiratorial terms but admittedly even a whiff of wouldn't endear anyone to MBS.

Why this is an argument that extra-judicial killing is fine though is something that I can't figure out. Maybe you didn't claim that, if not, why raise it?

That has nothing to do with the recent news that apparently a phone registered to the actual Michael Cohen seemed to activate in Prague at the time it was claimed he was negotiating with Russian Intelligence. We'll see how that one plays out but again no one raised the claim you are referring to. I raised the phone one out of interest but that is nothing whatsoever to do with the 2 Michael Cohens mix-up.

Mostly all posted as the media narrative you love posting as fact is far more nuanced than first appears, and is frequently posted as fact with very little actual evidence behind it. "According to sources familiar with the matter" is used far too often, and is doing heavy lifting again with the Cohen story.

I also knew you'd have issues with the source of the Khashoggi story, which is why I pointed out that WaPo has confirmed it as well. Considering the story was pretty much controlled by Erdoğan ,is a rat not being smelled in the slightest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom