United States Corrupt Twattery

Ormorof

FH is my second home
By discrediting (for his own supporters at least) the DOJ and FBI he is trying to ensure that if net indeed does close on him his supporters will revolt against "tyranny" and "deep state conspirators"

Dont see how this is going to end well for US regardless of what happens next

Also wouldnt be surprised to see an attempt by congress/senate to reduce presidential power over next few presidencies following this shit show

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
He isn't doing very well at international relations though is he.

Indeed.... you seen what he's just said to China? lol, can't say i'd want to piss off China given they own such a huge chunk of the USA's debt.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Indeed.... you seen what he's just said to China? lol, can't say i'd want to piss off China given they own such a huge chunk of the USA's debt.

You have to admit he's great at dodging debts, so, this is just on a larger scale..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I suppose the debt would become void if America declared war on China.

No? lol, whenever the USA wanted or needed financial help then (unlikely that they would) do you think anyone would bother to help if they basically just went "Lol fuck off China" over the debt? the debt is soooo much more important than just being finances.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No? lol, whenever the USA wanted or needed financial help then (unlikely that they would) do you think anyone would bother to help if they basically just went "Lol fuck off China" over the debt? the debt is soooo much more important than just being finances.
Well yes. China isn't the only country / entity that buys US government bonds. If they fucked one of their creditors off all the others would flee and Fed would have to rely on printing money from then on. Financial armageddon and international pariah status.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Yes, I think the West would happily back the US over creating a placid China who is forced not to try and dominate the market.

The problem is that Trump is completely right, China is fucking over global industries by stockpiling stuff like steel, if they are successful in dominating the major resources then it naturally becomes a global threat.

We recognised the problem a few years ago, and it was briefly discussed, but now Trump has gone hard line against China everyone is backing off saying (rightly) that it is excessive and provocative.

Obviously the correct approach to ally with the rest of the world to pressure China into being less deviant, that way if war does kick off China will be the antagonists and the global community would back the US and therefore most likely make war less likely.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I give you the President of the United States of America:

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1043126336473055235

I had to look it up. Didn't know anything about it. But he has a point. As much as I hate to say it - if you've sexual assault allegations, allegations mind you, not convictions, from 36 years ago, and you only make them when Trump nominees happen. It's unworkable.

It's shit. Women get assaulted, feel they can't report to the police (for good reasons, very good reasons), but the fact is - it's such a serious crime, with so many knock-on effects for both accuser and accused, that reporting to police must be the primary course of action. I can't think of any other way around it.

If you've been abused / raped / sexually harrassed - report it to the police. I get it, the police might not even take you seriously, and that's shit. But to accuse someone of something 36 years after it's said to have happened - it's too late to find out the truth. The real truth.

If all women who came forward with sexual assault allegations were totally 100% reliable, and to be completely believed, no matter what, because women were angels, then this would be totally fine. But women are no better than men. And men are dicks.

So, as much as it pains me. And as much as it's crass, awful and just horribly distasteful that el presidente is tweeting about this (on fucking twitter!) - I have to admit - I can't see any other answer.

If you've got serious allegations of sexual assault against someone, take them to the police. As soon as possible. Even though it may hurt you. Please.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BTW - I've had an entire bottle of camel valley at this point (which I'm very happy to recommend), and CBA editing the above... :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I thought you had 4.
Going downstairs to eat my curry and open antoher one.

I've not read any of the shit apart from something that said the allegations were from nearly 40 years ago. And I'm sorry, but even in #metoo land, it gives a bigger and much more corrosive power than shouting "antisemite" at Corbyn and watching the shit stick.

We've got a legal system for a reason. Until someone comes up with a better system to replace it then rumours on twitter about people need to die, or be prosecuted for libel. You can't run a society on unfounded accusations about decades-old offenses.

I acknowledge the problems women in particular face, but I'm not going to roll over on the rule of law for them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I had to look it up. Didn't know anything about it. But he has a point. As much as I hate to say it - if you've sexual assault allegations, allegations mind you, not convictions, from 36 years ago, and you only make them when Trump nominees happen. It's unworkable.

It's shit. Women get assaulted, feel they can't report to the police (for good reasons, very good reasons), but the fact is - it's such a serious crime, with so many knock-on effects for both accuser and accused, that reporting to police must be the primary course of action. I can't think of any other way around it.

If you've been abused / raped / sexually harrassed - report it to the police. I get it, the police might not even take you seriously, and that's shit. But to accuse someone of something 36 years after it's said to have happened - it's too late to find out the truth. The real truth.

If all women who came forward with sexual assault allegations were totally 100% reliable, and to be completely believed, no matter what, because women were angels, then this would be totally fine. But women are no better than men. And men are dicks.

So, as much as it pains me. And as much as it's crass, awful and just horribly distasteful that el presidente is tweeting about this (on fucking twitter!) - I have to admit - I can't see any other answer.

If you've got serious allegations of sexual assault against someone, take them to the police. As soon as possible. Even though it may hurt you. Please.
Regardless of that the President of the US is, not so subtly, accusing her of lying, on Twitter. Is that acceptable now?

Also, many in the GOP are accusing her of making it up for political reasons. Despite the fact she went to counseling about it in 2012. Like she knew he would be nominated in 2018 somehow and decided to flesh out her backstory.

Shits.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Regardless of that the President of the US is, not so subtly, accusing her of lying, on Twitter. Is that acceptable now?
I think he's saying "go to the fucking po-po, where you bloody well should be going"...

He's a cunt. But yeah, this is where things should be going. Unless it's now acceptable to make accusations that affect people's lives without due process...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think he's saying "go to the fucking po-po, where you bloody well should be going"...

He's a cunt. But yeah, this is where things should be going. Unless it's now acceptable to make accusations that affect people's lives without due process...

I think it's more principle than anything. Grab her by the pussy dude can't go around downplaying sexual allegations.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

She's asking for the FBI to investigate. He is accusing her of lying. This isn't a hard thing to condemn.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She's asking for the FBI to investigate. He is accusing her of lying. This isn't a hard thing to condemn.
From what I've read - thirty six years after the fact.

I get it. It's horrid for survivors of rape, sexual attacks, abuse etc. etc. The pressure on them not to come forward is immense. They may not get treated seriously when they come forward.

But unless and until accusation is enough to prove guilt, the only place we have for these things is in a court of law.

I used to lean the other way, but if anything #metoo has reversed/strengthened my position - that courts of law are the place for accusations of this nature, not newspapers, or twitter. It helps nobody that people's lives can now be trashed by accusation alone.

I'm open to an alternative suggestion. If we don't want to process these things in court, then what's the alternative?

Direct question that btw. What's the alternative? Because if there isn't one, then Trump has a point - "court or GTFO, and life's messy and shit". Rather than "say what you like about anyone without consequence and we'll believe you, despite the fact that we know better than to do that"...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
From what I've read - thirty six years after the fact.

I get it. It's horrid for survivors of rape, sexual attacks, abuse etc. etc. The pressure on them not to come forward is immense. They may not get treated seriously when they come forward.

But unless and until accusation is enough to prove guilt, the only place we have for these things is in a court of law.

I used to lean the other way, but if anything #metoo has strengthend my position that courts of law are the place for accusations of this nature, not newspapers, or twitter. It helps nobody that people's lives can now be trashed by accusation alone.

I'm open to an alternative suggestion. If we don't want to process these things in court, then what's the alternative?

Direct question that btw. What's the alternative? Because if there isn't one, then Trump has a point - "court or GTFO, and life's messy and shit". Rather than "say what you like about anyone without consequence and we'll believe you, despite the fact that we know better than to do that"...
No no no. That's not what he's saying at all. She is saying she is willing to talk about it now because the guy is about to be nominated to the supreme court. Trump is saying that unless she reported it to police at the time she must be making it up. He is casting doubt on someone who may well be a sexual assault victim on Twitter. This is not decent behaviour. Plenty of people have come forward to say she talked to them about it at the time. The fact that she didn't report it to the police does not make her a liar. The president of the US should not imply that it does.

Sheesh. This is not hard. Would it be so much trouble just for once to say 'Actually this looks wrong. I don't condone it.'

There's even a possibility that she is lying (doesn't look that way to me but you never know) but the president of the US of fucking A should not be saying, before any investigation begins, which the victim wants, that the fact she didn't report it at the time implies she is a lying slut. THIS IS NOT A COMPLEX MORAL CONUNDRUM :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No no no. That's not what he's saying at all. She is saying she is willing to talk about it now because the guy is about to be nominated to the supreme court. Trump is saying that unless she reported it to police at the time she must be making it up. He is casting doubt on someone who may well be a sexual assault victim on Twitter. This is not decent behaviour. Plenty of people have come forward to say she talked to them about it at the time. The fact that she didn't report it to the police does not make her a liar. The president of the US should not imply that it does.

Sheesh. This is not hard. Would it be so much trouble just for once to say 'Actually this looks wrong. I don't condone it.'
Well, you will post fucking twitter links, and expect me to hunt around for the actual story...

Yes, it's not great. But frankly, cops or GTFO. The reason it's cops or GTFO is that women (and men, not just women, definitely men too) lie, and accusations trash people's lives.

After #metoo I'm done with the accusation thing. After the beers, I'm more like: "No, I don't automatically believe you. I think you should go to the cops. There's a chance you could be lying, and this is very serious. Take it to court..."

but I may feel different in the morning.

Edit: Yeah, I realise you're talking about Trump. I cba hunting around to find the context of what he's saying.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well, you will post fucking twitter links, and expect me to hunt around for the actual story...

Yes, it's not great. But frankly, cops or GTFO. The reason it's cops or GTFO is that women (and men, not just women, definitely men too) lie, and accusations trash people's lives.

After #metoo I'm done with the accusation thing. After the beers, I'm more like: "No, I don't automatically believe you. I think you should go to the cops. There's a chance you could be lying, and this is very serious. Take it to court..."

but I may feel different in the morning.

Edit: Yeah, I realise you're talking about Trump. I cba hunting around to find the context of what he's saying.
She is willing to testify now. Do you really think that if a 15 year old girl can't find the courage to go to the cops 36 years ago that implies lying slag?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's even a possibility that she is lying (doesn't look that way to me but you never know) but the president of the US of fucking A should not be saying, before any investigation begins, which the victim wants, that the fact she didn't report it at the time implies she is a lying slut. THIS IS NOT A COMPLEX MORAL CONUNDRUM :eek:

OK. After reading this edit I've got this to say:

When the fuck did twitter become an appropriate place to talk about potential rape cases? It's disgusting that Trump is commenting on this using twitter. But again, I've no context - were the allegations were made on twitter in the first place?

Such a shit platform. If the allegations were made on <insert damaging public gossip platform of choice>, then everything else is fair game.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
OK. After reading this edit I've got this to say:

When the fuck did twitter become an appropriate place to talk about potential rape cases? It's disgusting that Trump is commenting on this using twitter. But again, I've no context - were the allegations were made on twitter in the first place?

Such a shit platform. If the allegations were made on <insert damaging public gossip platform of choice>, then everything else is fair game.
They were not.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She is willing to testify now. Do you really think that if a 15 year old girl can't find the courage to go to the cops 36 years ago that implies lying slag?
1. Do my posts above imply that?
2. If you only post fucking twitter shit, then how am I supposed to understand any context?

Used to be that people got criticised for posting daily fail around here. Twitter is *worse* than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom