US & Asian WoW versus Euro WoW

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Okay so the lowdown seems to be: US & Asian WoW will be released at the same time while Euro will not be releasing until a few (2, 3?) months later. They will also implement forced servers (a statement I certainly hope will change) which means we won't be able to play on the US (or Asian) servers even if we wanted to. I think this kinda sucks. How about you guys?

B

Ballad

mts said:
Okay so the lowdown seems to be: US & Asian WoW will be released at the same time while Euro will not be releasing until a few (2, 3?) months later. They will also implement forced servers (a statement I certainly hope will change) which means we won't be able to play on the US (or Asian) servers even if we wanted to. I think this kinda sucks. How about you guys?
I agree. Not only unfair and silly but a really big mistake by Blizzard. We can only hope they come to their senses before the release. :(

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I believe someone at blizzard said you can play on the US servers if you want, but the option won't be available till after the euro release.....

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Don't really want to play on American servers where everyone sleeps when it's primetime for you, pretty much same old with DAoC when I played US, Mordred was always dead :p

It's a bit crap though, people should be able to make their own decisions, they used "latency" as a backup for their decision (even though not final), but I personally won't play on US anyway.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Agree time zones are a pain in the ass, when i played US daoc it was always empty, and really hard to go on raids unless you like to stay up till 3 in the morning.

So i'll just wait till euro release.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
mts said:
The official statement is that Euro-WoW will be released this december, with US and Asian somewhat earlier.

It's looking a bit grim that US/Asian version will be out in time to be "a few months earlier"; and I'm guessing it'll be out for the christmas sales atleast around the globe. They would miss out on a huge amount of sales otherwise, and Vivendi are painfully aware of this.

The forced servers issue is being looked into, with the option to play on US/Asian servers following "shortly after" the release in Europe. It is a very hot topic on the official boards at the moment, so chances are Blizzard will reconsider it. One can only hope for those poor souls that have multi-continental guilds. (not to mention those working nights)

I'll wait for the European release anyway, since that's what our guild wanted.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
euro servers are good

not only coz most yanks piss me off lol

but the time differences are a pain in the neck and i for one dont mind waiting a wee bit longer :D

plus means there will be more guides and stuff available when we first start :)

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
The official statement is that Euro-WoW will be released this december, with US and Asian somewhat earlier.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56628

''George Wang: Actually we're hoping it's going to be launched in the US and Korea this year, and the European launch is coming a few months after that.

Eurogamer: So early next year?

Chris Sigaty: That's what we're shooting for.''

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Otto said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56628

''George Wang: Actually we're hoping it's going to be launched in the US and Korea this year, and the European launch is coming a few months after that.

Eurogamer: So early next year?

Chris Sigaty: That's what we're shooting for.''
Same link:

"Eurogamer: Do you have a planned European release target at the moment?

Chris Sigaty: We're saying right now winter."

Anyway, they haven't been specific about release date as of yet, and probably won't be until it's gone gold.

In the meantime, enjoy Real Life(tm).

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Winter doesn't necessarily mean December though (which seems to be how you took it). January, even February :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Nightchill said:
Winter doesn't necessarily mean December though (which seems to be how you took it). January, even February :)
Let's just hope they're referring to the traditional "winter" season for the northern hemisphere. (Nov, Dec, Jan) and not the astronomical "winter" season. (Jan, Feb, Mar) :(

Edit: Seems I'm not used to how they regard seasons in the US. In the US it's considered halfway through winter on Feb. 3rd. :(

Doesn't really matter though, does it? It's out when it's out. :)

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see the fuss about it... It's the same thing as DAoC at the moment. If you buy the US version, you play on US servers, same goes for EU and Asian...

So you want to play on US servers? Buy the US version! Simple as that...

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see the problem with forced servers either. And I really don't trust Blizzards release dates. Just give us European beta fast please... it was "around the corner" 2 months ago... :mad:

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
ReaLX said:
I don't see the fuss about it... It's the same thing as DAoC at the moment. If you buy the US version, you play on US servers, same goes for EU and Asian...
No it is not. They are trying to prevent you from playing on US servers via billing methods. There are workarounds, but it's not the same as limited (region wise) servers in other games.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
i fail to see the problem with allowing euro players on the us servers and vice versa. it's been working with everquest just fine. the latency issue isn't really anything in mmorpgs as combat is round based. i played just fine on the us beta stress test with about 150ms of ping. remove forced servors preez or atleast try to launch it at the same time (like eq2).

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
European beta is starting very soon (a few days) and i also seen an interview with a producer from blizzard saying it will be released before christmas in europe :cheers:

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
release dates are meant to be wrong lol...

I like the way GoD (Gathering of Developers) do(did it - it now belongs to take2) it: it's done when it's done, so when u least expect it, it will be out :D

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
No it is not. They are trying to prevent you from playing on US servers via billing methods. There are workarounds, but it's not the same as limited (region wise) servers in other games.
And how is this different to the way Mythic and GOA are handling this?

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Because Blizzard will require a US CC or something to that effect to even subscribe to the US retail game. Whereas I could pay for US DAOC with an European CC with no problems. However that ban will only be implemented until the European retail launch.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Don't really care tbh. Having to wait a couple of months isn't that much of a problem, when in return you get less lag + better playtimes.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
As long as it dosent carry on down this path giving us patches and such behind everyone else.

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
Because Blizzard will require a US CC or something to that effect to even subscribe to the US retail game. Whereas I could pay for US DAOC with an European CC with no problems. However that ban will only be implemented until the European retail launch.
That.... I didn't know :s Probabaly selective reading on my part, I couldn't care less about US servers, damn yanks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom