Uploading with MSN, IRC and FTP programs

Helme

Resident Freddy
Since about 4 days back now I haven't been able to upload anything at all at some decent speed, its like stuck on 2-3kb/s. Now MSN tells me that it might be my router settings but since I am not a big fan of poking around in there I hope you guys/gal's could help me figure out how to solve it.

For the record I use an Netgear DG632 ADSL modem/router with a switch connected to split the connection to 2 other computers, however the computer I use myself is connected via USB from the modem.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Any other ways to fix it? I would phone my ISP but they don't give support on routers and the funny thing is that I can accept files and download them at max speed but just not send. :(

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is probably specific to the router model, not even brand, I don't know any general router setting that could cause the problem, especially if you haven't altered anything. So you should probably contact the manufacturer IMO.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The wierd thing was that I could send without problems then one day after a modem reboot(router aswell) It just started being slow :(

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i get that also, but i also have it on downloads through msn some times, some times they are going that slow, they time out :/, and the problem with that is, im on a 1mb con, and half the time im dling from a swede, so the con that side is better then mine, it makes NO sence :s

Chilly

Balls of steel
If I were you I'd plug yourself into the modem via ethernet instead of USB - makes for a more logical setup and you can more easily control forwardign ports and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom