Updating to latest patch

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all..i just bought BF2 as i fancied a change from MMO's and finacial situation atm wont let me pay sub's for a game, anyway.....

How do i go from the game out of the box to latest version? Ive tryed downloading the latest patch and installing (1.22 irc), all goes fine till i try to run the game and the bf2.exe encounters a problem and needs to close. Do i need to install all the patches ever released or can i just installl the latest? And, reading other forums it seems that some patchers (EA's own included) have had problems, anyone have good site for reliable downloads?

BF2 works fine out of the box, just the number of servers available to me is limited to about 12.

Thanks in advance.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Once again after downloading and installing patch 1.22, on trying to launch the game i get the bf2.exe has encountered a problem and has to close :(

When installing at about 9% (file: mods\bf2\objects_client.zip) my memory drops right down as low as 12 (i have 1.5G) and that one file takes around 20mins. Is that normal?

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
patching usually uses a lot of hdd space and memory since it changes the existing archives (opening replacing files in them). so lots of memory usage is normal while patching. maybe reinstalling bf2 might solve your problems.

additionally try updating all drivers, especially display drivers

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Raes said:
Once again after downloading and installing patch 1.22, on trying to launch the game i get the bf2.exe has encountered a problem and has to close :(

When installing at about 9% (file: mods\bf2\objects_client.zip) my memory drops right down as low as 12 (i have 1.5G) and that one file takes around 20mins. Is that normal?

Just so you dont feel alone, when I patch it always gets stuck at that particular file, and it stays there for ages (I'm talking at least an hour). I've got about 5GB free on my HD for file swapping, and it makes no difference in patch speed. Maybe we are just unlucky people :fluffle:

My advice is just to run the patcher on a day you will be out of the house for a few hours and let it do its work. Once it gets to about 20%, the rest of the patching takes 5mins at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom