updater keeps patching...

I

Insurrextion

my updater keeps patching to the US version

i keep copying and pasting .dat files to my update.dat after the download, but it keeps re-patching over and over again

there anything i can do to make it stop? ^^

S

Sleet

use the wise uninstaller in the shrouded isles folder to undo the few files your computer started downloading....

its called unwise.

T

Thorarin

If it keeps patching to US over and over regardless of the fixed update.dat, connection to the European patch server can't be established for whatever reason.

If the internet connection itself is functioning and can reach the US patch server, it will keep patching. That's the only reason I can think of, uninstalling has never been required for me.

S

Sleet

was required for me, not uninstalling the game. just using unwise, the wise uninstaller.....

run unwise, stick in the cd and it tidies up. 2 mins later with update.dat sorted also it ran nps without need to re-patch to europes live patch.

before using unwise, i did as Insurrextion did, in trying over and over again with the update.dat file. it turned out to be only half the problem.

try it and if it doesnt work you only wasted enough time to equal taking an extra brush of your teeth in the morning.

I

Insurrextion

thanks for the help so far..

i managed to log on once last night, but today it started again :eek: i've tried using Unwise - repaired & replaced files with old, as well as re-installed but it still keeps patching to US version..

the couple of times that it didn't patch it would start loading, then after 'Connecting to Service.' i would get 'Retrying...' x3 then 'Service Not Available' :rolleyes:

any more help please?

G

GrimReaper

Is your ISP Demon? We have been having the same problem for a week now. It's seem to have a routing problem just now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom