Update Servers

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I apologise if theres a thread about this already but anyone else not able to connect to them?

Tried all 3 clients , turning firewall on/off , rebooted router , yet everytime i try connect it "freezes" when connecting to update server.

Only been doing this this morning and i havent changed anything on the comp etc.. , the rest of the net seems fine , can surf play different online games without a problem.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm working fine here - you've not got a new firewall or reinstalled recently or something?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Several forums have a performancetip for starting the game without starting the patcher: You should start login.dll. Can use a batch file for this purpose, this way it avoids using the patcher, but it has several potential drawbacks:

If patches are released you should download them, so using this "quick start" can result in old bugs affecting you again
It can be treated as modified client by GOA staff, so ask them (in Rightnow) about using it as temporary solution first.
You have to create your batch file, and also have to make your own icons for game, etc. so if you are lazy or don't know much about computers it isn't the best way to solve problems.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
open up Internet Explorer, click File and make sure "Work Offline" is unticked.

Took me ages to figure this out once

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
My MSN wont let me sign in :( says password or email is incorrect :(

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
Patching dont work for me...

I end up stomping at hockey_flag_wrapped_red.nif file

Won't take me further....bah just as i decided to return for a saturday eve special

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom