Upcoming powerlvlling nerf in 1.55 tomorrow

E

eben

SPELL NOTES

In advance of Shrouded Isles, we have taken steps to correct a longstanding spell issue. Several spells allow casters to buff lower-level characters without adhering to a cap of any type, thus enabling lower-level characters to be able to fight monsters far above their level, with almost no danger. This allows low-level characters to level far faster than intended. We want these spells to help low level characters, but not without a cap of some type.

So, these Damage Add and Damage Shield spells are now capped, so they will no longer give 50th level damage-per-second to a 1st level character. However, given that some players are used to being able to do this, we have made the cap higher than it normally would be - you'll still be able to help out lower level characters with these spells, but not to the extremes that existed up until now.

Please note that we have implemented this on a sliding scale as per the rest of the buffs in the game. If you are a mage that has these spells, the lower level you are, the less this change will impact you. The most impact will be from an extremely high mage (i.e. 40+) buffing a 1st or 2nd level character. The damage allowed slides up from there.

S

Spinky

We've had it since 1.54 went live, nothing new

E

eben

Originally posted by Spinky
We've had it since 1.54 went live, nothing new

Hmm explain why I just read it in 1.55 release notes, and find no mention in 1.54?

S

Spinky

Because the patch that GOA receieved had some of the 1.55 material in them, such as the 2.5 minute rez sickness from top-end res spells and (briefly on Gorre rp from ressing poepel in RvR)

F

Feac_

its another fix like the not being able to spellcraft player made cloaks some of the fixes we get early :( it is in already, log in make a lvl 1 and get a thuerg or wiz to give you top Earth buff and see

S

StormriderX

according to the website we are jumping straight to 1.57...

T

Thorarin

*pout* unnerf Thane self-damage add :/

It's also capped by this 'powerlevelling' nerf :(

D

Draylor

But dont you understand? Preventing folks having a little fun with overpowered lvl1 characters and getting to lvl5 without the boredom was worth breaking the self dmg-adds of thanes/smite clerics/etc for

:rolleyes:

O

old.Jable

dammit that was a great way to lvl.

i got an enchanter to give me top damage shield and attack buff, and ran out from ardee, clearing the field and moving around tir na nogs outskirts to the eirebugs - lvl 1 - 4 in less than 10 mins :D

F

Flimgoblin

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the level 50 EB on port to battleground lot that got it nerfed ;)

I can see why they've done it though - level 50 buffs from an enhance cleric won't give you the full benefit either.

Still annoying - I hate levels 1-5

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Draylor
But dont you understand? Preventing folks having a little fun with overpowered lvl1 characters and getting to lvl5 without the boredom was worth breaking the self dmg-adds of thanes/smite clerics/etc for

:rolleyes:

amen bro, well put.

A

aavarn

Originally posted by Thorarin
*pout* unnerf Thane self-damage add :/

It's also capped by this 'powerlevelling' nerf :(

As I understand this to stop higher level characters buffing lower level characters. You are the same level as yourself so this has no effect on self-buffs?

B

Brunore

Originally posted by aavarn

As I understand this to stop higher level characters buffing lower level characters. You are the same level as yourself so this has no effect on self-buffs?

Thanes buff themselves, not other people.

I have no idea what that other guy is talking about.

L

lairiodd

I believe that they cap it at the damage you hit for so:

You hit for 2
you hit for 50 extra damage

wont happen anymore, your extra would be capped at 2 damage, tbh double damage output is still pretty helpful.

The problem is that sometimes depending on spec people can be using the self damage add to make up for lack of melee spec so they would normally have:

you hit for 40
you hit for 70 extra damage

But now the extra damage is capped at 40, which means to get the benefit from the damage add you now need weapon spec.

In one of the later patches (maybe before 1.57 ? dunno) they change it so that it is capped at the maximum you could hit for. This means that weapon spec doesnt matter as it kinda assumes that you have full weapon spec for figuring out the damage cap.

F

Falcon

I think it was actually done to make people play the new SI classes properly and not powerlevel them up at a rediculous speed as opposed to some damage nerf conspiracy theory :)

I've noticed sod all diff on my ranger with the 36 pf spec 7dps damage add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom