Upcoming changes

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

PvP rewards, levels, ranks etc were a bit predictable. Was hoping for something new, but understandably, thats asking a lot. Been done the same way in many other games with success, so i guess it's ok.

Can see the incoming whine now from the pvp server gankers though. Flag red and everyone can slap you around with no consequence. Get killed and you'll drop one of your better items and some cash for other players to loot :)

Wonder how long before someone figures out how to get normal players flagged red so they can kill them and steal their kit?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wonder how long before someone figures out how to get normal players flagged red so they can kill them and steal their kit?

Two seconds.

Flagging abuse is most common form of grief in EVE for example.

Anyhoo, yeah, bit normal but hope they take it somewhere.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Two seconds.

Dont want to sound like an old git (well...at least not more than usually), but getting people flagged was the cause of most grief in Ultima online already. :)

Ah...just remember the trapped boxes of doom...or walking into other peoples vortexes...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dont want to sound like an old git (well...at least not more than usually), but getting people flagged was the cause of most grief in Ultima online already. :)

Ah...just remember the trapped boxes of doom...or walking into other peoples vortexes...

Oh yes, didn't want to take away from the griefers of old :D

Just was an example closest to mind.

Anywhere where "free loot" and "flagging" come together, grief will ensue :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
imo UO had the best pvp system it was very addictive.

Sometimes it made you made others you laughed with joy.

I long for a full loot pvp game where item stats don't really mean a lot.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Two seconds.

Anyhoo, yeah, bit normal but hope they take it somewhere.

Apparently they have already sussed many ways round this system, the main forums are crawling with different methods.

I like the idea of naked gankers camping lowbie areas, no uber items to drop so gank away....griefers in the buff, it's worth it just to laugh at them;

"kill me more, it's just too funny...oh wait, upset im not getting annoyed?....i can see yer wang and it's very clear to me why you do what you do <giggles> :)"

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
imo UO had the best pvp system it was very addictive.

Sometimes it made you made others you laughed with joy.

I long for a full loot pvp game where item stats don't really mean a lot.

I played UO for 3 years and pvp in UO was amazing! It was by far the most diverse online game for pvp so far. You had a choice of Factioning between council of mages/minax/true britanians and shadowlords. Then you had Chaos vs Order. The Roleplay pvp between big guilds fighting was great fun aswell and also being a murderer running round Fel killing everyone was always a good laugh :)

Would be great for some of those kind of things to be implemented in AoC or another online game in the near future.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I played UO for 3 years and pvp in UO was amazing! It was by far the most diverse online game for pvp so far. You had a choice of Factioning between council of mages/minax/true britanians and shadowlords. Then you had Chaos vs Order. The Roleplay pvp between big guilds fighting was great fun aswell and also being a murderer running round Fel killing everyone was always a good laugh :)

Would be great for some of those kind of things to be implemented in AoC or another online game in the near future.

I was Shadowlord :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Kingship upgrade sounds great. Guilds forming alliances then capturing battlekeeps and 'world wonders' whatever the heck they are. Presumably some statue that gives the alliance members a buff of some kind. Some great stuff incomming.

Previously I kinda thought this would just be a filler, something to do over the summer whilst Mythic got WAR ready. Now I'm already thinking playing both maybe a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom