Unwanted Guests????

S

slowjoe

Hi

I have a firewall installed on my system ( zonealarm). the last few days it has been registering ACCESS BLOKED TO ROUTED TRAFFIC.the IP addresses of these blocks where all different but the IP address they where sent to where all identical...mine.Should i worry about this or is it just a mess up on the net??? As you may have guessed im not a techie...and honest im not paranoid :)

Y

~YuckFou~

I'm no techie either, but it sounds like you've got some spyware on your system. It's the kind of message that you get when your computer is trying to send data to another computer, Game browsers do a similar thing but you allow that so no messages.
Get ADWARE, free download, soz can't remember the url , google will find it.

T

Testin da Cable

there are several possibilities. one is indeed that someones dns has been screwed up and people are getting routed to your machine. another could be that some software in your pc has told someone about itself and that someone is attempting to get a return.

chill out, they can't get in [in this particular instance]. check your local system or systems with a current virus scanner [you have one right?] and dl ad-aware from iirc lavasoft.com and scan your poota.

good luck. don't forget to let us know if you find anything you don't trust or if the problem seems to be solved mate.

S

slowjoe

Thanks for the info guys.....Ive downloaded ad-aware and latest defs file...e-mailed home from my work pc..so ill run both that and my anti virus when i get home....I'll let you know the results.

P.S. is noton antivirus 2002 and zone alarm's freebie firewall enough to protect me ? I run win 2000 and have ntl cable modem ..the £25 one

S

slowjoe

That seems to have fixed the problem.......ad-aware found several suspect files and 1 suspect reg entry..named alexa...which i think was installed with e-donkey last week..then not deleted when i uninstalled e-donkey.

One thing more though i cant seem to get rid of a double-click cookie??? ad-aware deletes it but it comes back on a reeboot..any suggestions ???

T

Testin da Cable

imo ZA coupled with a decent virus scanner will protect you just fine. be aware of the things you are running though, especially if they are going to listen on the wire through the firewall.
also make it your policy to run things like adaware/virusscanners periodically.

there are freeware/shareware cookiebuster programs floating about the www. look and ye shall find or something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom