Unusual situation

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else come across this. The Albs had taken Arvakr Faste. We (Mids) had a small group scouting Avr when we came under Alb guard attack. We rooted the guards and ran to Glen to escape the agro. We reached Glen (Mid held) but to our supprise the Alb guards ran, once the root droped, all the way to Glen and killed us in the courtyard of Glen. The additional supprise was that the Glen Mid guards did not atack the Alb guards. Apart from the obvious "Mids are crap anyway blah blah blah" has anyone had this before? I was wondering is it an AI bug or is it supposed to work like this?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I would have thought guards would defend the keep if some other realms came near? Oo

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I agree. That is why we were so supprised at the lack defence of our guards.

Cathul

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm... this is a known fact for at least the last 1 1/2 years...
Your own guards attack only other realms players, not NPC's nor mobs of any kind. So it doesn't matter if it were guards or windswept wraths or the glacier giant. Your guards wouldn't have helped you.

/Cathul

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Cathul said:
Uhm... this is a known fact for at least the last 1 1/2 years...
Your own guards attack only other realms players, not NPC's nor mobs of any kind. So it doesn't matter if it were guards or windswept wraths or the glacier giant. Your guards wouldn't have helped you.

/Cathul

Boing!

Poag

m00?
remi said:
Artifical Insanity?

Although it makes perfect sense for guards to fight each toher, if you watch patrol routes of opposing keeps the guards will run right thriugh each other and not attack, Strange mythic logic :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shadapp
Mid frontier guards are well more aggro than alb frontier ones imho ;)

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Thx Cathul. Goes to show you learn something new every day.

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
Anyone else come across this. The Albs had taken Arvakr Faste. We (Mids) had a small group scouting Avr when we came under Alb guard attack. We rooted the guards and ran to Glen to escape the agro. We reached Glen (Mid held) but to our supprise the Alb guards ran, once the root droped, all the way to Glen and killed us in the courtyard of Glen. The additional supprise was that the Glen Mid guards did not atack the Alb guards. Apart from the obvious "Mids are crap anyway blah blah blah" has anyone had this before? I was wondering is it an AI bug or is it supposed to work like this?

Sum serious RVR Crossing there :p ...

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
LOL!

Happend to me too, Got followed from Mnt Collory to Apk where i was killed ! YAAAH

carrot

Fledgling Freddie
In an early patch the guards AI was alterd so thay didnt attack other guards this was doneto stop ppl pulling the guards from one keep onto the guards of agasent keeps to help during keep takes.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
anyone remember beta? :>
When guard was pulled or what it was it was constant spam by 1 single guard ;) i remember when ppl didnt run and actually managed to kill!
Was uber! stlong level 23 thane i was :]

And ewul MAA at apk wasnt funny either ;< remember it was like MAA OUT! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Always fun to see a patrol from your realm run through an enemy patrol. :)

Eroa

Banned
blejs said:
And ewul MAA at apk wasnt funny either ;< remember it was like MAA OUT! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

And then it was that Zerker (dont remember name) who stod and said pay me or i pull MAA ^^

Duzzy

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
When guard was pulled or what it was it was constant spam by 1 single guard ;) i remember when ppl didnt run and actually managed to kill!

Yeah lol, I remember it, might be becouse I pulled MAA once.. damn I was flamed after it wiped all :clap:

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Never heard of this one before :eek6:
I would have thought that like mobs they would loose intrest after not been in combat for an alotted time.I guess that part of the coding was not added or left out on purpose?

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Well I had a real strenge thing happen once with gaurds. I was running down to Fort Sauvage, when I got agro from a great drake. Then a alb patrol came by killed the drake and ran of.

my bedst guess is that those silly drakes has some AE that hit the gaurds or something.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:

What you get for camping APK in the early days then ;p

But remember he used to chase all the mids for miles (so to speak ;p ) running way past amg.. if mids got that far Oo

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
That gimp named guard at MPK emain folowed my bard all the way to Emain entrance once :touch:, too bad i got jumped by manslayer :/ wanted to see if i could drag it all the way to DL..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom