Unreal Tournament 3

Afran

Part of the furniture
So, Unreal Tournament 3 MP Demo is out now, in a couple of places, such as FilePlanet. Has anyone else here tried it yet?

My first impressions are it's better than I expected, I've been waiting a long time for an FPS game similar to Quake 3 in terms of how pick-up's work, the gameplays pace, how you work as a team, the array of weapons and the coding on the models.

Unfortunatley there are no official servers as of yet (aside from some German ones), so finding a stable server can be difficult. On the plus side, they chose to let us play Bot's, which is good fun and you can learn the game that way.

eksdee

FH is my second home
played 2 games (if i weren't tired and not long in from work i'd play more) and i have to say i am pleasently surprised. very fun game, lots of features for a beta/demo, too!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Only reason I want to upgrade my machine is for this game :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It runs great on older systems, we tried it last night on a friends 2 yr old pc and it was fine. On my new rig it is running at close to 100fps with everything at max and the res set to 1680x1050, frankly it blew me away.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Anyone care to tell me where you go to edit the settings?

I can only find a change resolution in the options :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
UT3 40" 1080p with 5.1 surround via optical, i almost wet myself

The game IS that good, i cant wait till the full release to see what it looks like with the real high settings enabled (atm 4,5 and 6 are all the same on the texture, shadow etc details)

Runs better than CS:S on my old dell inspiron :eek2:

If you want a preview, this is about 80% on the sliders as i forgot to turn them up
humyo.com - UT3Demo

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Ran fine on 800x600 with lowest fx, toned it up in various ways and it went crap.

<3 laptop :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just know that UT3 runs extremely well on old PC's.

fucking expensive game then :)

Is it any of your concern what I want to do with my money? UT is (I may of said it wrong) one of the reasons I want to upgrade, they're a few games I want to play which require my machine to be upgraded.

But yeah, UT2K4 runs on my machine with no problem; I don't doubt UT3 won't.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
But yeah, UT2K4 runs on my machine with no problem; I don't doubt UT3 won't.

A massive difference between UT3 and 2K4 that is for sure, I would guess that UT3 is pushing 10x the amount of polygons and the texture detail plus pixel shader usage is light years ahead of 2K4. Still the game ran fine on my friends AMDX2 3800+ paired with a 7600GT, obviously not maxed out or high resolution but nice none the less. For 1080p a dual core cpu, 7900 series gpu and a gig of memory will get the job done but for everything cranked to the max at that res an 8800 series card will get it done and make it look stunning.

Tis funny, 2 days and 2 amazing demos. CoD4 is beautiful but in a different way with it's subtle tones and shadowing, UT3 is drop dead gorgeous with a kaleidoscope of a colour palette and ridiculously paced multiplayer for huge adrenaline surges. Love it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom