Unreal Tournament 3

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
if thats the ingame graphics im going to need a new computer if it comes on PC :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Basic_X said:
if thats the ingame graphics im going to need a new computer if it comes on PC :p

Aye they are ingame models and textures, the scene is preset though and some nice filtering added. Looks just like Gears of War with much more colourful texturing.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be getting it for 360, buying it for pc and skipping it on ps3 i think

Currently my 360 is out of action but i intend on rezing it at the weekend.

Edit:

One thing that pissed me the fuck off for the advertisement for this was the fact it said "from the studio that brought you gears of war!!!"

NO! It's the studio that blessed us with ut99 in 1999, ut2003 in 2002 and ut2004 in 2004!

Gears of war is from the studio that brought you ut, not the other way about :(

Hate how they've aimed the adverts at kids that are too young to know what ut99 is.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
now that is gona need one beast of a pc

They reckon a 7900GT will run it fine but I have doubts myself, either way 1gb of memory and a meaty CPU is going to be the order of the day it seems. Luckily it isn't out for around 6 months so I have time to fill my piggybank up ;)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
looks good... does GoW use the UT3 engine then? or a less polished version of it...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
DocWolfe said:
looks good... does GoW use the UT3 engine then? or a less polished version of it...

GoW uses an earlier build of the Unreal 3 engine. Feature-wise UT3 will have full support for DX10 probably by a seperate client, the DX9 version shares alot of the same pixel shaders from SM3.0 but of course the DX10 will have the extra performance and a few of the SM4.0 shaders.

Basically UT3 will look like a more colourful upgraded Gears of War, I doubt it will have the polished singleplayer of GoW but then that isn't really what UT is about anyway.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hope they not relying on graphics to make it good :\

UT is the best multiplayer fps ever

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tris- said:

*listens*

Wait for it...

*puts ear on wall*

Yup, CS fanbois inc.

tris-

they wouldnt last long against an insta gib rocket launcher

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:

I think the gameplay will be just fine, UT has always scaled down well for older hardware. I did read an interview with Mark Rein this morning though where he said it is getting harder and harder to support the base spec of 3 year and older PC's because the technology has moved along so fast. He also stated they would try to add a software renderer as they did for previous versions if they get the time but no promises. That basically means that anyone without an SM3.0 pixel shader supporting card is going to struggle to run UT3 at all unless they add software rendering. Luckily SM3.0 cards have been around over 2 years now and an awful lot of gamers have them, if not you can always pick up a 7300GT/DDR3 for £50 and it should run the game at 1024x768 reasonably well.

tris-

ive got a MSI 7800GT so im not too worried about the graphics side of things :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
ive got a MSI 7800GT so im not too worried about the graphics side of things :)

I don't see the PC gameplay differing from UT2004 aside from the new weapons, over 2 dozen I was reading last night! As long as they don't compromise the gameplay for the sake of the console ports it should kick arse.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
They reckon a 7900GT will run it fine but I have doubts myself, either way 1gb of memory and a meaty CPU is going to be the order of the day it seems. Luckily it isn't out for around 6 months so I have time to fill my piggybank up ;)
i read that as well but i remain skeptical tbh
i hope they stay true to their word tho i dont really fancy forking out for a new gfx card as i bought my 1900XTX not so long ago

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
i read that as well but i remain skeptical tbh
i hope they stay true to their word tho i dont really fancy forking out for a new gfx card as i bought my 1900XTX not so long ago

The 1900XTX is a sweet card, it should be very very playable as long as your CPU is half decent and you have more than a gig of memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom