Unreal Tournament 2003

C

[Cerebus]

What an amazing game. Just downloaded the demo last night and all I can say is WOW.

I got totally owned in Multiplayer and the weapons are a little too far fetched but the feeling you get from firing the rifle is very satisfying and the graphics are awsome.

Unreal 2 and Tournament 2003 are now on my christmas wish list.

Anyone else played it?

S

SFXman

Yup... played the demo, damn fun stuff... I also got pwned with a capital P in multiplayer...

D

danskmacabre

I downloaded the demo.
Very impressive game.
But I think I've played so many First person shooters, that I've sort of burned out my interest in them.
So I won't be buying either.

O

old.mattshanes

Good game,probably best fps at the moment though i prefer to play other good titles out at the moment especially mafia on pc now thats a good game :D

C

[Cerebus]

MAFIA is a class game. Could have been so much better but still very good.

Lacks the freedom of GTA3/Vice City but makes up for it in little ways with the realism and the fact that you can actually get pulled over by cops, shoot them and run off AND get away with it.

hehe, I think I'm gonna play it tonight now :D

S

Sharma

Gonna buy Unreal Tournament 2003 for chrimbo, looks great! :D

O

old.tRoG

UT2003 SUX! Q4 ROX!

Also, has anyone noticed how the new UT is a teeny more bit like Quake than its prequel? :)

*smells victory in the air*

D

danskmacabre

It's my feeling, apart from the graphics, very little has changed since the old Castle Wolfenstein game.
Run around, shoot stuff.
And that was a great thing for a while.
But unless something pretty revolutionary happens with FPS games, I'm not gonna buy another one.

O

old.tRoG

not much revolutionary, but then what can change? :)

you run around and shoot things from a first-person perspective is all it may seem, but the feel of the game is whats important. Quake 3 is fast, floaty, big, boom!
Unreal Tournament was more grainy.
Counter Strike is.. well, it's a server full of 13yr old wankers who yell Ch34ToR! every time someone frags their asses.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I really have no idea.
And neither do the developers it seems.

you run around and shoot things from a first-person perspective is all it may seem, but the feel of the game is whats important. Quake 3 is fast, floaty, big, boom!
Unreal Tournament was more grainy.
Counter Strike is.. well, it's a server full of 13yr old wankers who yell Ch34ToR! every time someone frags their asses.

If you play FPS games a LOT, I guess you'd have developed a "Taste" in a style of FPS playing, so to you Quake 3 "Feels" better than UT. And from your point of view, you're correct.
But to me they're all pretty much the same.
Funnily enough the FPS game I played the most was probably Serious Sam, just coz it was a laugh, but even that I got sick of pretty fast.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.tRoG

I want an MMOQ3, then I'd be happy. I used to play Q3 flat out before daoc. Just can't play fps anymore, they are all variations on a theme, which is like 5 or more years old.

Would just like to see a huge online fragfest instead of the 16 or 32 (not even sure what it is these days) player limit there is now. Running around a tight map controlling item spawns sooo 20th century.

Once played Tribes 2 with 32 per team. Was madness....laggy as hell, but potentially great fun.

C

[Cerebus]

Lets see what Doom3 throws at us...

If a developer runs out of ideas, they can always make the graphics a lot nicer. Then again, who'd spend all that cash upgrading their machines and buying a £20 CD just for nicer graphics?

.............Who said Shrouded Isles?

O

old.Xarr

There's this MMOG called Planetside in the works which supposedly will look and play alot like a cross between Q3 and CS. That and support for 3,000 people per server of course...

It can be sweet and it can be horrible :)

K

katt!

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
If a developer runs out of ideas, they can always make the graphics a lot nicer. Then again, who'd spend all that cash upgrading their machines and buying a £20 CD just for nicer graphics?

ID make mucho $$$ selling their engine.

O

old.tRoG

More FPS games like Deus Ex would be better (eg. FPS/RPG).

Planetside seems to be a Massive Multiplayer version of Deus Ex.

'Cept with classes and stuff :)

[EDIT: Half-Life was groundbreaking, Deus Ex was ground breaking. Max Payne added new gizmos to the genre, but the novelty soon wore off. TFC added class-based FPS games. So, I have revealed, that FPS genre CAN be redefined, and revolusionised.]

O

old.Lianuchta

Been playing UT2003 a bit in my time off DAoC (against bots, as I didn't have internet). It is quite fun, but I blow at FPS multiplayer, so I'll stick to my slightly above average level bots :)

G

Garaen

I bought UT2003 and took it back two or three days later, i really disliked the game, i prefer the old the old UT to the new one.

On a side note has anyone played Battlefield 1942? That is an extremely fun game, well worth downloading / buying from Game so you can take it back if you dont like it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom