Unreal 3

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
They should just give up.

Unreal 2 was crap, classic Unreal was great.

Anyways, i have no hope in Unreal 3, Doom 3 or even Half-life 2 now.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
1st person shooters in general are shite. Of course I royally suck at them so I might be a little bias...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Has anyone actually watched the clip?
FPS are shite, but fook me those graphics are fantastic, the guy mentions that just one creature has more coding than an entire level of Unreal2.

How about being able to zoom right up to a stone wall and it stays totally unpixellated and has a 3d look with the mortar being recessed and all the parallax working correctly as you look left/right.
They use some bumpmap pseudo 3d thingymajig, but it looks incredible.

Those graphics put a 3D animated movie to shame.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't he also say that the reason they hadn't done stuff like this before was because they'd only just designed graphics cards (?) that could run it at a decent frame-rate?

I'm all for pretty graphics, but i'd sooner have slightly-less pretty graphics that runs at a good speed than very pretty graphics that looks like a powerpoint presentation.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
fact is, they're prolly running that on a 5 billion quid pc..... on a mortal pc peeps will be turning down all the graphics settings to minimum and it'll prolly look like doom 1

Belsameth

Tainted
Karam_Gruul said:
fact is, they're prolly running that on a 5 billion quid pc..... on a mortal pc peeps will be turning down all the graphics settings to minimum and it'll prolly look like doom 1

Get a real PC then hun, and let go of your 386 :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Karam_Gruul said:

Yep.

Can't see any PC running a game at that detail smoothly, most can just about run Far Cry at high details and resolution.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:
Yep.

Can't see any PC running a game at that detail smoothly, most can just about run Far Cry at high details and resolution.
by the time the game is released the hardware they used to develop the game with will be mainstream. granted not everyone will have it but any pixel shader 2.0 gfx card ie radion 9xxx, geforce fx card will run the game ok. NV40 cards will be out by which is what the game is being developed for.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
yeah the new nv60 cards from nvidia are looking kickass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom