Unreal 2004 or BF:Vietnam

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
<big brother voice> Which do I buy? You decide! </bbv>

I want a really decent team shooter and I like vehicles and large maps. Which shall I buy? I really like the whole army setting of FPS's like BF, MoH etc, but I am also a sucker for Halo type shooters. Has anyone played either? :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I won both and vietnam gets vastly more play. The jungle levels are tense and the huge maps dominated by planes and helos play totally different. Both are only 18 quid on play.com tho so treat yourself with both.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Woah, BF:V has helicopters and that? How big are the maps? :D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Mobius said:
Woah, BF:V has helicopters and that? How big are the maps? :D

How exactly do I answer that? :)

Some of the bigger ones would take a good few minutes to walk across.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Sweet. :D Are the vehicles good or just a side attraction? Do most fights turn into a frag fest?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The vehicles are very good, and sometimes resonsible for frag fests (e.g. huey pilot circling over an enemy spawn and unloading rockets as you spawn). Fortunately that's not too often, the anti-aircraft guns work well too. My favourite has to be the VC scooters with a teammate sat on the back shooting behind you.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's all very well going by a review, but it's like saying 'I'm not going to buy this new Golf game because that Football game has a better review' All very well and good but if you prefer golf games then it doesn't make much sense.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
BF:V kept my attention for about a month. Unreal for about an hour or so - terribly overrated imo, I just couldn't see the attraction to it. Neither are spectacular, but you will probably like BF:V better.

For what it's worth, Unreal is a lot faster paced than BF:V but it lacks realism. BF:V isn't what you would call realistic, but it's not what you would call comical either. If you haven't played BF1942 before then all the better - you will enjoy it more because it's something new.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
BF:V is like BF1942 with a radio.

I played it about 3 times and it's now uninstalled. I've not got Unreal2004 so can't really comment :)

But then I'm one of those boring sods who prefer a bit more tactical and realistic stuff like Raven Shield :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Nothing wrong with a bit of realism now and again. I liked Raven Shield a lot but I just couldn't get it to run at a decent res on the best of computers back when it came out.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm I don't know if I want to waste my money on either now. :< I'm just sooo bored. Need a good MP game.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Get Planetside mate, it's been improved a lot since release and is actually quite a decent game now. Lag has all but gone on the servers due to a healthy decrease in server population. I think it's a pretty good buy when you consider that it's going cheap these days (I think) and if you don't mind paying the monthly fee.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I forgot about that. Played before with some Barrysworld chaps and it was alot of fun. Just had major lag. There's an expansion now isn't there? Wonder how much they are bundled. You get a free month don't you?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure tbh. Apparently the expansion is a bit shit, I'd just go with renewing your subs if you want to play it tbh.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I spent about a month learning to fly the choppers in BF:V, and it was worth it! All the vehicles have a built in duke box of classic 60's tunes to ride along to...Ride of the Valkyrs playing when your flying the chopper into a bay, firing rockets at the ground troops, avoiding AA guns/missiles. Almost every chopper can hoist other vehicles using winches (inc occupants). The big transport helos are good too, sitting in the back, waiting to parachute into battle...most maps have jet fighters available, but I don't like the flight model for those.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
unreal tournament really sucks get bf: vietnam so great gettin in a chopper loadin it up with people then crashin it. people get really pissed off :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom