Unreal 2004 mods

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone playing any mods at the moment? if so can they recommend a good one for unreal tourny 2004 linkage would be nice also :cheers:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I found a really fuckin awsome mod for UT2004 its called Alien Swarm basicly a version of the Alien movies its a coop so about 8 ppl can be a marine and battle through the lvls all with missions that you must complete... it gets really intense in some firefights...

worth the download

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Americas Army is basically a Unreal mod. Unlike the others though it has a huge backing from (guess who) the American Army, has a huge amount of people playing it, and actually looks very very pretty indeed. I first downloaded it a year or so ago, and didnt get into it, but a bit of boredom lately made me try it again, and Ive quite enjoyed it. Its not a game to just jump into however, there is some training to do even before you play online, marksmanship etc, but this only last a short while, then you can get playing. Even when you are playing, each round lasts a maximum of ten minutes, so if you die in the first 10 seconds, and the round drags out, you certainly have enough time to make a cup of tea !
Attention to detail and realism is very very good, but then as its basically a advertisment to get young americans to join the army thats mostly to be expected, unless you're a bit cynical like me.
Another plus point, it has a permanent scoreing system like XP points called the Honour system, and assuming you play on a official server (most are) you can add points to your rating, and this is shown, along with everyone elses , one the scoreboard in game. Be warned, friendly fire is seriously punished in this game, and loses you points very quickly indeed, if you go below 10 honour you have to use non-live ammunition "retraining" servers to get your honour back up before being allowed out again . Cue the American friendly fire jokes now please :)
On the down side, the official servers are sometimes very laggy, and the mesage on the loading screen is absolutely naueseating.
But hey, its free, why not give it a go ? www.americasarmy.com

Aada

Part of the furniture
i played AA also known to me as American Assholes mainly due to the fact i have some idiot from miami saying im so l337 dude get ur british ass off our game... lol

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Well, theres 100-odd european servers so maybe you should try one of them if you want to ?

mank!

Part of the furniture
Jailbreak! fuck me, I used to play that for Quake2. Class.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yup Mank, it was a good idea that became shit in... ten minutes ? Then they expanded it to q3, and then to any other game they could think of. Still a bit cak though, if you really cast your mind back.

mank!

Part of the furniture
It was great fun for awhile but it was really buggy and far too easy to dominate, I remember absolutely slaughtering people some games and getting slaughtered in others. I didn't realise they took it to UT though.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
As aways Gamespot offering the best place to get mods and stuff, I DL a mod that changes invasion to the flood along with DL decent Halo Models, also troopers 2004 is very good if you've played battlefront you will know what to expect, but it looks better and plays better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom