Unreal 2 Wierdness

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Right, picked this up for a fiver the other day and installed it on my machine last night. The game installed fine (all 3 Gig of it!!) and to begin with ran with no major issues. Then, late last night, just as I was about the enter the dropship to start my first proper mission, the game blue-screened. There was no text, no nothing, just a blue screen. Now I try and start the game up again, the hourglass comes up temporarily then the PC returns to inactivity. Task Manager has also stopped working, however that has been the case since Sasser paid a visit to my old XP Installation. It paid a brief visit to this one before I nuk0red its ass. Anyway PC specs are

Shuttle SB51G
P4 2.8Ghz 533Mhz FSB
512Mb RAM
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
Tons and tons of HD space free.

Pls help, i was just getting into it when this happened :/

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
There was a patch available for the game (try the epic website)....it WAS pretty buggy out of the box. But, the game has some really cool features...the AI of the troopers is really good (much better than halo). One or two of the levels are fantastic (I loved the one with acid rain)....one or two of the levels are poorly finished...but imho its worth perservering (?) with.

If the patch dont work, maybe an fresh install. I found the omega drivers radically improved framerates for the game (I have a radeon 8500, 512 mb RAM, athlon 1800xp)...so if your an ati bod, and you have performance issues, theyr worth a try.

/edit...the only truely crap bits are rattling around in your spaceship trying to hump the retarded alien navigator...my advice, just get the weapons from the hippy and get out of there asap :D

Sar

Part of the furniture
Good game, with a great downbeat ending. Worth buying.

Try changing your gfx drivers Bods, or updating your soundcard drivers.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Turns out it was the Pate viruz :/ Have had to reinstall lots of shit, still not sure how I'm going to reinstall Task Manager tho, as that seems to be doing the same thing, Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom