Football United's first signing of the summer

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Alex Ferguson kept a close eye on the young prodigy since Ramsey, the most wanted man outside the Premier League, broke into the Cardiff first-team this season.

whut?

amodien

Fledgling Freddie

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Cho changing the subject, what do you think will happen with the Ronaldo situation?

Still no news yet..

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
They've not signed Ramsey yet by the way. Not as far as I can see.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Cho changing the subject, what do you think will happen with the Ronaldo situation?

Still no news yet..

Unless Real Madrid make a silly offer United will stand firm, Fergie and Glazer seem bloodyminded about the situation and will not be bullied into selling him unless we get an offer that allows us to buy 3-4 world class players in return. He is under contract, if he acts like a child and refuses to play then FIFA have to ban him as precedent has been set before in these cases. Ronaldo isn't daft enough to risk 2-3 years not playing just to get his own way. If he does decide he wants to go I fully expect United to hold out for at least £50 million plus incentives, his merchandising power alone for the next 4 years of his contract is worth twice that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They've not signed Ramsey yet by the way. Not as far as I can see.

They have agreed terms with the club, just waiting on the medical and the player to put pen to paper. United did this deal weeks ago but have just been finalising it today.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They have agreed terms with the club, just waiting on the medical and the player to put pen to paper. United did this deal weeks ago but have just been finalising it today.

Thats not the case, they've had an offer accepted, as have Liverpool and Arsenal.

All come down to who he decides to sign for.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Apparently he has permission to talk to Arsenal and Man U. Rafa prolly offered them 50 pence and Pennant for the kid.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, BBC have changed the story. Initially they reported it as a done deal but now Cardiff are saying that is not the case, anyway hopefully United offering Tom Heaton and a couple of other youngsters on long term loans will seal the deal.

Marc

FH is my second home
I think he is odds on to sign for united.

1. They are champions of europe.
2. They are willing to loan him back to gain experience
3. United have a history of blooding young british kids
4. United dont have a wage ceiling meaning if he makes it, he will be minted.
5. He is 17, will love to shag about, so he will be in great company with ronaldo, nani and anderson
6. He will learn from his idol, Ryan Giggs
7. There will be no language barrier at man united

As for Ronaldo, he has said he will make an announcement soon. Hard to judge what is going to happen. If he is going to stay, why not just announce it? It seems to me, he is really mulling over it and tbh, I dont blame him. You cant rush into a decision like this.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I very much doubt he would go to Spain at this stage, it would be a step back in his (Ronaldo) career.

UTD would be the perfect place for Ramsay and a very good move for Cardiff if they can get a few UTD youngsters on loan too.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Seems part of the Man Utd deal for Ramsey is that he is immediatley loaned back to Cardiff for next season. Seems pretty straightforward!

georgie

FH is my second home
In the local rag tonight they are insinuating that Arsenal could be looking to get him first team football next year, although I'd imagine that means part of the League Cup team.

I'd still say Man Utd are the front runners. Would be nice to get him loaned back to us next year though.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Seems part of the Man Utd deal for Ramsey is that he is immediatley loaned back to Cardiff for next season. Seems pretty straightforward!

As an Ardent Cardiff Supporter Man U been after Ramsey for months and Fergie as sent his scouts to look at him.

It been speculation in Cardiff that Rambo would be going to Man U infact bit surprised it now we were expecting it on the Monday after the cup final it seems that speculation of Ramsey contract would be he return to Cardiff on a on loan bases for a whole season and reported price at time is 5 mill for the lad.

Good luck to him having seen him play and Ledley and with the current position Cardiff are in with the Langstone capers and new stadium on way it can only be good thing for Cardiff in general especially if we can get him on loan for a season and with Dave Jones in good form things could look good for Cardiff next season.With this Cardiff also have signed on loan from Man U Tom Heaton 22yr old Goal keeper so after the Cup Final let down of Enckleman this also another good thing :D

For peeps not knowing about Ramsey at 17 he one of best players I seen at Cardiff for a long time and I expect Big things of him and if Fergie treats him as he does with other young hopefuls then Ramsey be name on a lot of Man U supporters lips he is dam good.

Soulja

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Only seen him play in the FA Cup, didn't really stand out. But if SAF thinks he can make it that's good enough for me.

Also Liverpool/Arsenal were after him, so must be something about the lad.

I'm pleased we are still after british talent.

Not seen anything at all on Arsenal boards about him. Still nice to see some British talent get a look in. Just hope they play him so he can develope. In that respect he may have been better off elsewhere.

Marc

FH is my second home
lol Liverpool havent met the £5m price tag. This is why they will never become a big team. Its players like this you have to gamble on and £5m is the going rate.

But it doesnt matter, I mean why should rafa spend £5m on one of the hottest young talents around when he can spend it on another Jermaine Pennant?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lol Liverpool havent met the £5m price tag. This is why they will never become a big team. Its players like this you have to gamble on and £5m is the going rate.

But it doesnt matter, I mean why should rafa spend £5m on one of the hottest young talents around when he can spend it on another Jermaine Pennant?

100% spot on, Pennant is a joke and he is taking more in 2 years wages than it would have cost for Ramsey.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think we could have a chance with Ramsey we do loan players out and we also give players a lot of chances Carling Cup runs ect plus as hes not English we prolly would keep him :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Quality prospect he is, most deffo seems like he'll be going back on loan to cardiff which will gain him the much needed experience..

missus is happy at least that he'll be going back to them on loan anyways hah

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Elo Maxxy :) Get your lardy arse in Age of Conan on the Dagon server! :D

Hi, I will be trying AoC but I have a job soon that involves working away all week, when that`s done and a short holiday i`ll give it a go ;).

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Arsenal could well be his destination as Bale/Gunter good friends of his are both at Spurs, so that could swing it according to a london newspaper report tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom