Undo ratings...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...don't work for me unless I close the browser down and then open it again.

Not a biggie (I don't often undo ratings) - but I notice that a few people have said that they can't undo them.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
...don't work for me unless I close the browser down and then open it again.

Not a biggie (I don't often undo ratings) - but I notice that a few people have said that they can't undo them.
They do work they just don't show up as undone until you refresh the page. I'd assume that this is because they're probably inserted with Ajax or whatever it's called so whilst adding stuff in on the fly is easy removing it isn't.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've noticed it too, when I get time I will try and debug with the javascript console. I suspect something is not firing correctly and once I know I can go back to the developer (if required) or make a configuration change on the server if required.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It works fine on my pc, but doesn't on my mobile. I find refreshing doesn't work, I gave to leave the post, open another forum section and come back to it before it will let me undo it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Try now, the author of the mod has released a version which should help with undo ratings:
  • Added an invisible retry mechanism in case of database locks (e.g. previously sometimes having to click undo rating multiple times for it to register)

Athan

Resident Freddy
It took about 10 seconds to undo that 'Disagree' then, but does appear to have worked.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay, since the upgrade of the post ratings it's got very very very slow to undo ratings again. About double the time. If anything can be done it would be great...or maybe make it harder to make a rating? Find I often swipe over when scrolling on mobile and it registers I've rated.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Noted, will look into it later today.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Ch3tan been doing some testing from my machine and it takes a couple of seconds to undo the rating, looking at the console reveals nothing so will have to look at the SQL code. One thing, clear your browser cache for me, the new version includeded new JS and try on this post please.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
@Ch3tan been doing some testing from my machine and it takes a couple of seconds to undo the rating, looking at the console reveals nothing so will have to look at the SQL code. One thing, clear your browser cache for me, the new version includeded new JS and try on this post please.

Just fyi if it helps yours testing, I'm using chrome on android, very rarely browse via my pc. Will try cache tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom