Under starters orders!

X

Xavier

Heh, in about 40 minutes the doors of such stores as GAME will open and you can all dash out and grab your very own copy of NwN...

so in the spirit of helpfulness and all that when you *DO* pick up a copy today pop back to this thread and post where you got it and for how much... Think of it as your public service before you start playing and lose your whole weekend questing and preparing your characters for MP :D

O

old.mothface

i have it

just finished purchasing it, £39.99 - HMV - Manchester City Centre, i had to ask if it was released today because the "reserve your copy" sticker was still on it :> The stores games department was empty, and had loads of copies.

The manuals thickish 201 pgs printed in black and white, large colour map (paper) three disks in cardboard folders.

Now i just have to get through work so i can go home and play it :>

N

Nightchill

£27 HMV :D
I pre-ordered it around 3 weeks ago, it was down as £30 online. Luckily you get 10% off. With postage it was £28.80, still nice and cheap. Should be arriving today or tomorrow.

O

old.mothface

Well it might have been a little cheaper at GAME I guess, but I’m pretty use to spending 40 quid on games, since I have a playstation 2. Plus I think this game is going to be worth it. Still I think Europe gets a ruff deal when it comes to packaging / manuals, I hear in the states they get a cloth map and a spiral bound manual that’s much thicker than the one we get. But that’s not biowares fault it’s the uk distributors.

M

Mr Jabba

First posty on this board so... Hi everyone.

I'm getting my copy £26.99 (delivered) from play.com. It's currently "processing"

I'm willing to wait a few days to save cash. Plus, I'll enter negotiations with my wife to reserve time to play it ;)

M

Mousey

£39.99 at Game, Isle of Wight. Pre-ordered.

Damn pricey!

M

matax

Pre-ordered from Amazon - posted by them yesterday. Cost (including the postage) £35.

Now just to get home from work to play (and to choose between this and DAoC) :)

X

Xavier

hmm, i remember not so long ago when most games were £30 and you didn't get penalised on the size of the manual...

along comes the DVD case and everything goes up to an average of £34.99 and when a publisher ends up with a game with a large manual they use it as an excuse to revert to a cheapo cardboard box again and charge an extra £5

the MSRP is £39.99 for some godunknown reason - I managed to get mine for £32.99 using a price match but I can't help feeling even for £33 I was rape0red

A

ajeroth

Got it :)

Game, pre-ordered and since I had vouchers to the tune of about £95, it was sort of free ;) Along with the builders manual, came to about £49.

Just run through the prelude, and once I got to Chp1 Im going to spend some time seeing how the prelude works in the builder, to start getting experience (current: level 0) with it.

Ta, Aj

X

Xavier

Hmm, just heard that although game RETAIL is ~£40 it's £10 less on www.game.uk.com - so if anyone is still looking for somewhere online with stock I'd say they were a safe bet ;)

Having grabbed bym's retail copy today and seen the queue of bearded geeks wearing TSR t-shirts and AD&D bags I'd say the UK servers will be rather busy soonish...

I've started work on a module already too - anyone who is up for playtest0ring give me a shout :D

Xav

S

Sar

I was in town on Friday buying my copy (not at GAME or HMV, fucking rip-off: £40? Fuck off!), and saw 3/4 people wandering about town with their newly purchased copies too.

:)

X

Xtro

£26.99 from my local indie retailer :D

Guy in the shop told me they had got 40 copies in and had about 3 left (this was in the morning too).

O

old.Cask

£38 in GAME. I got 2 quid off when I signed up for that stupid game card bollox.

Created my character then I started feeling really sick and I haven't managed to play it properly yet. Damn curries. Online play should be pretty cool as long as my friends situation improves... I hate playing this sort of game on pubbys.

S

Sar

Well I stuck to my "What D&D Character are j00" result, and created a Neutral Good Gnomish Ranger.

\o/

Seems to be working a treat so far, only played up to the point where you leave the halls of justice at the start and venture into the city though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom