under-populated realm - Mid

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed yesterday the hook points were 20% cheaper and realised Mid had the under-populated bonus.
Anyone know if this is a Prydwen crash related thing or it's an Excalibur thing where Mid is actually the under-populated realm?

Are hib or Alb (!) under-populated too?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Are your characters named after characters from Lords of midnight and doomdarks revenge? :)

p.s. I think in the friday news the said all three realms on prywden will receive the underpopulated bonus.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
I noticed yesterday the hook points were 20% cheaper and realised Mid had the under-populated bonus.
Anyone know if this is a Prydwen crash related thing or it's an Excalibur thing where Mid is actually the under-populated realm?

Are hib or Alb (!) under-populated too?

I believe you get this bonus on hookpoints when you don't own all your own keeps. It's not the 'underdog' bonus which also grants xp and rp bonuses afaik.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I believe you get this bonus on hookpoints when you don't own all your own keeps. It's not the 'underdog' bonus which also grants xp and rp bonuses afaik.

Ah that could be it :) thx

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Are your characters named after characters from Lords of midnight and doomdarks revenge?

yes

Luxor, Morkin, Corleth, Ronthron...
Xajorkith being the base keep in the south.

Great game and still an active community! :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I remember buying lots of grid paper ( 'graph paper' ) and creating a map of as much of the area as I could. Then using that map, I worked out precisely the most efficent opening moves possible for all the starting characters and some of the recruitable ones... man no games today can draw me to that level of commitment.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
I remember buying lots of grid paper ( 'graph paper' ) and creating a map of as much of the area as I could. Then using that map, I worked out precisely the most efficent opening moves possible for all the starting characters and some of the recruitable ones... man no games today can draw me to that level of commitment.

god yeh, i did that too - full colour map on graph paper - such a great game - Commodore 64 for teh win :worthy:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
err.. Spectrum mate.. Spectrum. ;)

The C64 LoM was just a conversion.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
Spectrum > Comm64

now that is just is plain wrong! Sure the spec had good games but how could it compete with the likes of Wizball, street rod , pirates!, IK+ , airborne ranger , bards tale and the gold box series?? plus C64 sound was soo superior to anything else :) first games ever to have 'speech' were on the C64 (high pitched modulated sounds strung together to sound like words :) ).

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
yes

Luxor, Morkin, Corleth, Ronthron...
Xajorkith being the base keep in the south.

Great game and still an active community! :)

Met Mike Singleton a few times - bloody nice chap.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
now that is just is plain wrong! Sure the spec had good games but how could it compete with the likes of Wizball, street rod , pirates!, IK+ , airborne ranger , bards tale and the gold box series?? plus C64 sound was soo superior to anything else :) first games ever to have 'speech' were on the C64 (high pitched modulated sounds strung together to sound like words :) ).

Julian Gollop's Chaos

nuff said

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
I've still got my original LoM game :p Also still got my 16k spectrum with 32k ram pack and a stack of games :D

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

Hehe, now I could argue about speccy vs C64 all day, back at school in the eighties thats all we used to do with break times :)

c64 had some very nice games, and the sound was hot, but from the titles you list only wizball was original, all the rest have their roots in older, mostly speccy or IBM, games.

Oh and first games to have speech, well im afraid digitised speech featured on all platforms at roughly the same time, not something C64 can claim, though im sure it sounded a bit better on C64 than through speccys beeper.

--

Lords of midnight games rocked, I made the maps and stuff too. Prefered the not so well remembered (third? in the series). Sorderdons shadow (or somethign similar), much more colourfull and oblique puzzels.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

Are you sure it's the games that changed and not you ;)

Somewhere deep in a drawer I have all my lovely Bard's Tale maps, when everything existed on a 12 x 12 grid until they made BT3 and broke my Amiga's diskdrive with all the disk swapping :(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Im gonna ignore boni :) I freakin loved those games anyway

Still the best speech had to be the very distorted and very funny and often nerve wrackingly annoying;

"Another visitor... stay a while... stay forever!"

from impossible mission.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
hijack.jpg

Wasn't this thread about Mid supposedly being underpopulated on Excalibur? :D

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Spectrum 48k>>>>>>c64, although the spectrums colour clash on games was kinda sucky. I still have my Speccy 48k, kempston joystick and about 50 games including Chaos :worthy:

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
still got a zx81 with wobbly 16k ram pack and manual for holding said ram pack in place :)

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Log out and in, then you see who gets bonus' :) (I dont know if there is a slash command for this, dont really care wont need it, Albions never under populated)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
meerclar said:
still got a zx81 with wobbly 16k ram pack and manual for holding said ram pack in place :)

My granny got me a zx81 with 10,000 Kensitas King Size cigarettes coupons when I was a kid
(about 1000 x 20 packs)
She died of cancer strangley enough :eek7:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Wasn't this thread about Mid supposedly being underpopulated on Excalibur?

Yeah, but isn´t discussing good old times and Spectrum and C64 a lot more interesting? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom