Unable to play HL, TFC CS etc on-line since upgrade

O

old.Mr_Brit

Since I upgraded my system to an Athlon 650 (not TB or Duron) I have been unable to play on-line.

I have downloaded the full Valve update and CS update but this makes no difference all I get is 'Connection failed after 4 attempts'.

System registers with WON with out a problem but still nothing.

Other forums do not know the answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr_Brit

O

old.Mr_Brit

Its not the modem. Am using Dual ISDN and can connect everywhere else without a problem.

S

shabazz

why ya wanna use duel isdn?

For gaming it makes sweet FA difference, but only costs more (that is if ya paying for calls).

Dling is ok, but it only goes at twice speed max.

O

old.Mr_Brit

I have tried single ISDN and still the same thing happens. I am now wondering if it is because I only have a 5200rpm hard disk and with the speed of the processor and the ISDN line that the hard drive is too slow!

O

old.[FMD]Stu_Granger

Its not the HDD ... Why don't you back up everything and do a clean install of everything. Something must have forked up along the way (don't rush to install everything on the system at once ... do scandisks and defrags during install, so all files are in the right place).

Format HDD and reinstall clean. See what happens. Let us know how you get on.

H

Horus

Is it just HL?

Try a different ISP. I used to get that sometimes after HL crashed, but if I rebooted & redialled it seemed to fix itself. It may be some TCP/IP or port error or something that needs reinitialising.

O

old.Mr_Brit

Did the re-format and re-install but still the same thing. I give up, Sierra never replied to my question (that was 2 weeks ago) Valve can't help so I give up on Half-Life on-line, it was good while it lasted.

Bye peeps.

Mr_Brit

O

old.[FMD]Stu_Granger

Well thats not the attitude of a computer support helpdesk employee. Suggest you change your ISDN modem over for a 56K analog and TRY AGAIN.

Y

Yaka

do u get cl_FlushEntityError or some thing? if so then its yer isp

O

old.Mr_Brit

I have tried the 56k modem and I get the same problem. Sierra have not answered my question and nor have Valves, in fact I have been of 4 other forums and nobody knows there either, in fact there are others in the same boat as me, they cannot connect to servers.

And no I do not get that error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom