Un-claiming Keeps

rynnor

Rockhound
We had an example today of a guild un-claiming a keep then re-claiming it specifically to prevent their side locking a zone.

This seems like a very destructive thing to do - imagine the trouble a rogue guild could cause if it set out to disrupt all locks.

I have reported the incident but if they dont declare it an exploit its going to be a real mess :(

What do you think of this 'tactic' ?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's a bug/oversight from Mythic.

The timer should pause if this happens to prevent such a problem, that way the worst case would be another guild having to claim it to continue the timer.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
We had an example today of a guild un-claiming a keep then re-claiming it specifically to prevent their side locking a zone.

This seems like a very destructive thing to do - imagine the trouble a rogue guild could cause if it set out to disrupt all locks.

I have reported the incident but if they dont declare it an exploit its going to be a real mess :(

What do you think of this 'tactic' ?

When running realm-wide events, I sometimes want zones to lock at specific times and will arrange to speed up or slow down locks dependant on a schedule that might be have been set. This is a very rare occurance. Usually its full steam ahead lets lock lock lock.

In itself I cannot see this as an exploit. You'd have to prove griefing behaviour from the people in question. How are you sure it was done specificially to prevent zone lock?

Perhaps if unclaiming a keep then put a lock-out timer on that same guild reclaiming a keep - that way if done for valid reasons it would have to be done in partner with another guild. Not perfect but it would make it harder to undermine one's own side.

rynnor

Rockhound
I like the idea to freeze the timer when a guild un-claims - the whole claiming system is a potential minefield at the moment - what about guilds that claim but dont upgrade at all?

Perhaps a system where another guild can come along and "outbid" the sitting tenant - ie. guild A claims at level 0 - timer starts countdown - later guild B comes along and upgrades to level 3 - thus taking over the keep - timer remains un-affected?

Only allow it in the first hour tho to avoid last minute claimjumping.

In the situation today the zone was reikland - the unclaiming guild said they unclaimed it because there werent enough around to take the fort - this was at about mid-day (which I thought was odd because the population doesnt increase much by 2pm?).

On the other hand is it ever fair for 1 guild to unilaterally decide that everyone elses efforts can be thrown away at their choice?

People had been defending the BO's to protect the lock only to be undermined by their own side.

I see this as a serious game bug that needs addressing - imagine the harm a rogue guild could cause by claiming un-claiming keeps to prevent locks - ideal for crossrealmers?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Guild B takes over the claim, upgrades it for a few minutes and then dumps it. Doesn't really solve the problem?

Keep it simple - WAR has far too many complex annoying systems in place. If a more active guild wants to ensure the keep stays at a suitably high level then be quick in claiming it. A paused timer seems fairly logical and simple enough to understand.

rynnor

Rockhound
Guild B takes over the claim, upgrades it for a few minutes and then dumps it. Doesn't really solve the problem?

Well I'd still use the time freezing system in combo so they would achieve nothing by it - I still think its an issue when people claim a keep at rank 0 just for a gold bag.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well I'd still use the time freezing system in combo so they would achieve nothing by it - I still think its an issue when people claim a keep at rank 0 just for a gold bag.

but if theres no need to upgrade then why waste the gold doing so?

running a keep upgraded is fucking expensive (1 gold every 5 minutes iirc).

rynnor

Rockhound
but if theres no need to upgrade then why waste the gold doing so?

running a keep upgraded is fucking expensive (1 gold every 5 minutes iirc).

This wouldnt force people to upgrade but if theres good reason too another guild can take it over - better than being forced to defend a level 0 keep in a key zone?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
to be honest, if any one side wants a keep bad enough, having it upgraded or not wont matter :)

i've seen just as many rank 0 keeps being succesfully defended as i've seen rank 5+ keps being run over in ~15 minutes with solid defending forces.

having a keep uppgraded, while it does help a little, doesent determine if you get to keep it or not.

all it really does is keeping the attackers outside a few extra minutes.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
to be honest, if any one side wants a keep bad enough, having it upgraded or not wont matter :)

i've seen just as many rank 0 keeps being succesfully defended as i've seen rank 5+ keps being run over in ~15 minutes with solid defending forces.

having a keep uppgraded, while it does help a little, doesent determine if you get to keep it or not.

all it really does is keeping the attackers outside a few extra minutes.

Yes, but those extra minutes often prove critical and often determine wether or not you make it in time to wipe the attackers.

The main problem as i see it is that a guild can if they wish log on their second account 1-man army, sit and claim a keep, wait for the rve train to bug out to another zone then drop it to lvl 0 and ninja the keep on their main accts with no DL in place.

Problem is, dropping a keep to lvl 0 to tempt the enemy rve zerg to attack it to get them out of your target zone is a valid tactic, so i doubt this can ever be considered griefing.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Thankfully claiming keeps requires a few guild levels before you can do it - but it's not going to stop the problem.

Easy fix: Domination shouldn't require a claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom