Umm Questions about relic tactics.

N

noaim

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
u had a chance to defend you where to slow 10 am raid not even a chance to defend

But when we raided hibbies it was 17.00 cet a sunday and 2000+ people on server, and you still claimed it was lame.

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by noaim
Funny Herbal...how was this raid better than when we raided hibbies? I remember you telling us it wasnt primetime yada yada yada. At least we popped keeps, took all doors down etc etc. Still you flamed about it being a lame raid. So tell me, why was this raid better?
at the time u did that raid hibs couldnt muster the same no u had at relic or even close, even after giving em a full hour to gather. You sat on relic keep for over an hour, hibs had 130 of all lvls to defend in the zone by then. Hibs having the smallest population have the smallest chance to defend there for doing a raid later on would be "more" primetime, because the hibs could atleast have a chance to defend, which would be alot fairer imho.

H

Herbal Remedy

oh and i didnt ever say it was lame i just said i didnt think it was primetime

N

noaim

Thing is they arrived at relic keep when we had gotten outer doors down, even tho someone spotted us before we even reached the relic keep. In other words, they were too slow, the same thing you say we were which did cost us the relic. So your argument dont hold.

Had they arrived before we got a chance to camp the keep, they would most likely have wiped us.

And camping a relickeep is v easy, box a few SM´s on gatekeepers and spam ae on the gates when they try to charge.

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by noaim
Thing is they arrived at relic keep when we had gotten outer doors down, even tho someone spotted us before we even reached the relic keep. In other words, they were too slow, the same thing you say we were which did cost us the relic. So your argument dont hold.

Had they arrived before we got a chance to camp the keep, they would most likely have wiped us.

And camping a relickeep is v easy, box a few SM´s on gatekeepers and spam ae on the gates when they try to charge.

kinda proved my point here pop on hib was so low at the time it took them 30+ mins to gather any decent sized force which it turned out still wasnt enough to decamp the zerg u had at relic

on friday if mids had reacted fast enough u couldve had 100+ mids on way to relic inside of 5 mins instead mids milled about waiting for someone to show em the way to mjollner

There is a big difference in not being able to defend even given ample time and not defending because you reacted to slow

N

noaim

Or you could look at it this way.

We took keeps, we took all doors down, so that raid was actually alot better than yours. Altho you would never agree to that, aswell as I wont agree to that yours was better, there is always at least 2 ways to look at it.

H

Herbal Remedy

true but exactly what chance would i have stood if i bashed all 3 doors down and took keep s at the same time? giving mids 30-40 mins to get to the relic while broadcasting to the whol of mid while im doing (keep take messages) isnt the smartest of things to do when u have 200+ seriously pissed trolls ready to relase to svasud

I did the raid the way i did because it was the plan with the highest chance to suceed (get a relic) im not a retard if u think im going to wait 30+ mins while mids steam roll us from svasud u got another thing comming. I used tactics and plans suitable for the time of the raid any other plan wouldve failed u know it i know it even most of the roleplayers on the server know.

U may not like what i did but it was a fair and valid tactic

N

noaim

Yeah and we did it the way we did while it was 2000+ people on the server and with no knowledge on how many of those were lvl 45+ hibbies.

And as I said in my first post in this thread (and I quote: I wasnt home when this raid took place, but I have to assume it was a really well planned and executed raid, so grats and hats off to those who did it.) I think it was nicely executed and planned, I just wanted to know what made you think this was harder to pull off or better in any way than the raid we did on hibbies.

Anyways, cant discuss this anymore now...I gotta log ingame...and...run to a place called Sauvage...I heard there will be some action there in a few hours.

F

fl_gorre

relicsraids are an ancient thing from teh good old days of daoc imho
nowadays to many ppl are playing RvR activly and a primetime raid became nearly impossible due to massive showup
mostly due teh fact that most players their pc simply cant cope with the huge lag and rendering probs

Originally posted by xajorkith
[B5) If Ninja Raids are valid tactics (and it does allow stealthers some more fun) is not the current balance of wall climbers unfair? Perhaps Rangers should get the wall climbing skill and the Minstrels should loose it?

Albion has 53% of all level 50 Wall Climbers. (226 Infiltrator + 192 Minstrels = 418)
Midgard has 31% of all level 50 Wall Climbers. (243 Shadowblades)
Hibernia has 16% of all level 50 Wall Climbers. (125 NightShades)

[/B]
albion is designed to be the "high-tech realm" : 3stealther classes, plate armor etc
where as hib caster realm with pbaoe debuffs etc and midgard the melee realm(wich is currently overpowered due to spellcraft(wich rendered casters less viable then they were before) and overpowered classes)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Kagato.
A full frontal assault in prime time even with corpse summoners is quite simply doomed to failure no matter which realm is attacking or defending. The combination of super-guards/spellcasters at the keeps, bindstones in portal keeps and the 3 ram per door limit now even before you take into consideration the enemy realm players means such blunt but noble raids are impossible. Thats why the realms have to look for new and different tactics.

how did albs manage to get 3 relics last time again? someone remind kagato please :p

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Arnor
how did albs manage to get 3 relics last time again? someone remind kagato please :p

It was by wearing you lot out for 10 straight hours of fighting.
And in the end, more albs stayed up late than mids.

But a CS raid on primetime won't work.

Also, funny to read that a logout tactic is considered lame, and that using some advantage that Albion has (most stealthers) is also lame.

How did you Mids get numbers on our RR force btw? Do RR guards give those?
Regards, Glottis

B

Belomar

Good whine, Xajorkith. You even managed to disguise it to be reasonable.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

How did you Mids get numbers on our RR force btw? Do RR guards give those?
Regards, Glottis

Keepguards are at each relickeep too.

So they work just as any ordinary keepguard when being killed.

O

old.m0000

Re: Re: Re: Umm Questions about relic tactics.

Originally posted by old.Lethul
maybe minstrels should loose stealth cause hunters only have studded so they can move "silent while stealted", chain makes noise(oljud:p) etc.... or that atleast what it said when i made my hunter

mabye hunters should lose their pets since you clearly can't concentrate on holding a pet under your command while stealthed - thats what they told me about my charm.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by phule_gubben
Keepguards are at each relickeep too.

So they work just as any ordinary keepguard when being killed.

KK, thanks, did not know.
Figures, but was not sure. So it was 100 Albs? My /who uppland showed 0 :)
Regards, Glottis

Users who are viewing this thread