Umm account termianted?

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
I get home today and apparently my account has been termianted!

I really dont get it....ive only been playing the game 2 weeks...what could i have possibly done wrong?

I figured my first month payment had failed but it wont let me re-subscribe so i guess it can be that? Well hopefully it is something silly like that which we can easily resolve, but i guess i'll find out when/if i get a reply back from GOA.

I was looking forward to doing my Epics and DR Champ levels too (and i just got my horsie...) :(

Anyone else had any similiar problems?

Tilda

What reason did they give? :p
GOA don't normally just ban accounts for fun.
macros, radar, etc may all get you banned.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Igniseus said:
I get home today and apparently my account has been termianted!

I really dont get it....ive only been playing the game 2 weeks...what could i have possibly done wrong?

I figured my first month payment had failed but it wont let me re-subscribe so i guess it can be that? Well hopefully it is something silly like that which we can easily resolve, but i guess i'll find out when/if i get a reply back from GOA.

I was looking forward to doing my Epics and DR Champ levels too (and i just got my horsie...) :(

Anyone else had any similiar problems?
Did you get a little box saying account closed?
Or full screen saying terminated?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
That box said terminated once for me and it was only closed cause my precious visa was out of moneh.

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Reason? It just says my account has been terminated and theres nothing from GOA in my mailbox :/

Really doesnt make sense...i was playing the game last night fine and now its terminated....

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
That box said terminated once for me and it was only closed cause my precious visa was out of moneh.
I just thought the little box for was no payment, had it a few times myself on one of my accounts, but thought if you got banned the full page comes up and lets you know it's terminated.
And as Tilda says would'nt a reason be given?
I'm not sure to be honest as not been given a ban ever in game, just did'nt want the guy thinking it's terminated if it ain't :)

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

Now i think about it, when DR came out i tried to buy it and it just came up with a message and nothing happened, i did that 3 times and then i thoguht stuffit i will wait a day and i logged into the game and DR was active. Maybe i bought 3 copies for that account by accident? I had enoguh cash for 1 copy, possibly 2 but im not sure about 3.

The month i should have jsut got charged for hasnt popped up on my onlien banking yet either.

EDIT: i just noticed in my subscription account page it still says my license is Catacombs too.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
A pure guess of events:

- Payment didn't go through (mistyped perhaps?)
- GoA send email
- Account had a wrong email listed
- Account closed

I suggest you log in and check for yourself, and remember to update your email adress.

That's one logical reason. Another possibility may have something to do with traded accounts being against the CoC (which Im not accusing you of, just pointing out).

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
A pure guess of events:

- Payment didn't go through (mistyped perhaps?)
- GoA send email
- Account had a wrong email listed
- Account closed

I suggest you log in and check for yourself, and remember to update your email adress.

That's one logical reason. Another possibility may have something to do with traded accounts being against the CoC (which Im not accusing you of, just pointing out).

The first is a good possibility but why cant i just go and rectify it? Every part of the account area on the GOA site blocks me off cause account is terminated.

I dont get what you mean by "GoA send email".

What do you mean by wrong email? The email is definately working.

And what do you mean by "Accoutn closed"?

And as for traded accounts, i bought the account directly off GoA 2-3 weeks ago.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Igniseus said:
Now i think about it, when DR came out i tried to buy it and it just came up with a message and nothing happened, i did that 3 times and then i thoguht stuffit i will wait a day and i logged into the game and DR was active. Maybe i bought 3 copies for that account by accident? I had enoguh cash for 1 copy, possibly 2 but im not sure about 3.

The month i should have jsut got charged for hasnt popped up on my onlien banking yet either.

EDIT: i just noticed in my subscription account page it still says my license is Catacombs too.
Well I tried logging one my accounts in that is'nt DR activated because I keep forgetting this I use the icon on my for cata or DR and all it does is re-direct me to main website to buy DR, so can't see it being that really mate.
It does'nt say terminated when I do this, it just wants more money :)

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Igniseus said:
The first is a good possibility but why cant i just go and rectify it? Every part of the account area on the GOA site blocks me off cause account is terminated.

I dont get what you mean by "GoA send email".

What do you mean by wrong email? The email is definately working.

And what do you mean by "Accoutn closed"?

And as for traded accounts, i bought the account directly off GoA 2-3 weeks ago.
Goa will only deal with the email you gave them when opening the account.
So if your not checking the right email address you gave them you won't recieve anything off them, so you should be fine if your email is working and the correct one they have too.
Account closed means no payment in my experience and even tho no payment is recieved I think the stuff is all there for about 12 months if you ever wanted to re-subcribe.

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Nah i havent changed my email, only opened the accoutn 2 weeks ago after all!
Besides i just opened a support ticket and they sent me an email saying it has been opened so if that made it to my inbox, then any other GoA emails should have.

Tilda

If you PM me your account name (NOT YOUR PASSWORD) I'll get a GM to have a look at it.

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Hope they get back to you asap :p

Yeah, i was really getting into my Mercenary, cant wait to get the champion weapon, looks awesome!!

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Igniseus said:
Yeah, i was really getting into my Mercenary, cant wait to get the champion weapon, looks awesome!!
I would'nt worry about it too much if you have'nt been buying plats off ebay and it is an account you opened the other week, sounds like a genuine mistake or problem and and hopefully the GM Tilda get in touch with sorts it out and we can have another new player back into the game :)

Tosen

Part of the furniture
One of my mates got his account terminated aswell - without any reason!

_no reason_ !

I won't say his name, but he's quite known to many of us, and has never cheated, or used radar, or anything!
Not even received a warning, and furthermore he just activated DR, and bought 3 months of playing time -_-!

/rocks

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Tosen said:
One of my mates got his account terminated aswell - without any reason!

_no reason_ !

I won't say his name, but he's quite known to many of us, and has never cheated, or used radar, or anything!
Not even received a warning, and furthermore he just activated DR, and bought 3 months of playing time -_-!

/rocks

Hmm maybe GoA is having a few issues then?

PenrithRM

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of email from GoA about DAoC accounts is treated as spam by my ISP (BT Yahoo!) and sent to my Bulk folder. I just changed a setting on my BT account to forward the email in my bulk folder to my mail program.

Maybe you have a similar problem that your ISP is filtering the GoA mail as spam?

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye with hotmail this can happen too..
the mail goes straight into ur junk mail...ur best bet is to add goa to friend list so it always go to ur inbox etc...
and junk mail is deleted after a week or so too, so..hurry ! :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
PenrithRM said:
A lot of email from GoA about DAoC accounts is treated as spam by my ISP (BT Yahoo!) and sent to my Bulk folder. I just changed a setting on my BT account to forward the email in my bulk folder to my mail program.

Maybe you have a similar problem that your ISP is filtering the GoA mail as spam?

Well, a lot of bollocks does come out of France :)

(joke)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
terminated= ban
closed= u need to pay

1 more ebuy banned :cheers:

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Nah the email i use it from my server, so nothing is blocked and there are no spam filters.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Igniseus said:
Nah the email i use it from my server, so nothing is blocked and there are no spam filters.
dude if u dont recive any email that means is not your email on the subcribtion account

look like ebuy :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
have you tried logging into the subscription section?

That should let you in unless you were actually properly banned. Bear in mind it's a different username/password to your game login.

Was it a 2 week free trial you were playing? or did you buy a boxed set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom