um hi :)

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
normally im not the most serious person around here wen making replies but please cud i have some serious answers:

will there be lots of people leaving for wow from prydwen?? i know people on here voice their opinions but thats say 30 odd main people, i mean in general who play prydwen. I need to know as how to proceed with my plans as if they are gonna make pryd a ghost town i prolly wont get mystik bk from the dead, but if pryd will still have sum people left then i may.

thank you in advance for any serious replies and FO to any silleh ones :p

p.s. most who know me know i not talk to many people ( not many have the ability to put up with me) so its not about loads leaving, its just more will still be a few about who i can die on.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
basically im askin this cos i have lot of free time coming up and i cant afford to go out drinking etc every day :p xmas draining my money as it is and i would like to recapture the fun i once had in daoc :(

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
Will play EU open beta ( got preorder) and if its better / more fun than daoc i will prolly quit daoc and play WoW instead then....

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think you dont have to be worried

I dont think you have to worry about that.
Most players that are interrested in daoc actually dont like wow that much...

Some are ofc but most will stay and you get new people etc...

/Charmangle

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care about WoW and never won't. I fell for the SWG hype. Have the box taking dust unopened. I see many of the people leaving for WoW comming back 2-3 month into its release simply for one reason: Its NOT DAoC.

Blizzard might have picked the best from DAoC, Everquest and whatnot (thats what they are good at aint they?) but a patchwork for me stays a patchwork even if the patches are the best of their kind.

Please don't start the WoW fanboys vs WoW haters discussion now! I don't say WoW will suck. But there is a reason why DAoC is different to Everquest, SWG or Anarchy Online. That reason is that there are different types of players enjoying different types of playstyles/themes/goals. Personally I just can't believe that a mix of this will be as enjoyable by most of the hardcore gamers as the pure and specialized products are now. After all the games grew with us as we grew with the games...

That said DAoC will probably be my 1st and last MMORPG.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
I don't care about WoW and never won't. I fell for the SWG hype. Have the box taking dust unopened. I see many of the people leaving for WoW comming back 2-3 month into its release simply for one reason: Its NOT DAoC.

Blizzard might have picked the best from DAoC, Everquest and whatnot (thats what they are good at aint they?) but a patchwork for me stays a patchwork even if the patches are the best of their kind.

Please don't start the WoW fanboys vs WoW haters discussion now! I don't say WoW will suck. But there is a reason why DAoC is different to Everquest, SWG or Anarchy Online. That reason is that there are different types of players enjoying different types of playstyles/themes/goals. Personally I just can't believe that a mix of this will be as enjoyable by most of the hardcore gamers as the pure and specialized products are now. After all the games grew with us as we grew with the games...

That said DAoC will probably be my 1st and last MMORPG.

i played swg for a week or so and hated it. i dont wanna start some discussion over wots better cos everyones opinion differs i just wanna know that as i have a free month or so around xmas i wud have sum people to play with if i opened acc again. My list of friends is small as it is but want some people about :)

aveh

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

Yes but.. but.. SWG is total buggy crap and the euro servers are full of exploited weapons, armor and credits. Comparisons between a pile of shit like SWG and a very nicely turned out game like WoW are utterly laughable.

PS.. you made a very wise decision not opening that SWG box :D

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
I think i will try out WoW but i think i will stick with this unless its uber duber 1000% more fun then daoc n i doubt it :worthy:

Amox

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing EQ, AO, AC, SWG, WoW(US Beta), EQ2........ and none of them comes close to DAoC. They all have different appeals for different ppl, but I really do love DAoC and all of it's ppl.

For me it's the social aspects of a game, I like to play with RL friends, and/or ppl I know well, that got same goals as me, FUN and "need before greed" !

So I'll stay, unless "my friends" move, then I'll follow them. Luckely for me, they love DAoC too ;)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
he heh aren't u a lucky git amox :D

Well tbh i have thought and read a hole lot about EQ2 and WoW and they just seem to miss something ... EQ2 Lack RvR WoW well to cartoonish for me and u can solo to much not enough grp based in my opinion ... Daoc despite the lack and GOA wanting to bind the players in best Sauron style to the game by endless arti lvl'ing etc .. it combines it all as a world ... u have the fridom to do what u want ....

So i believe it's safe to say reactivate ur acc and see if u get the feel back for it ... some oldies like myself and amoxhave returned .. new ones come along so ... havefun m8 :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
definitly going to WoW.
Mainly because I'm quite sure that quite a few of the oldtimers of DAoC will give it a try (atleast). Furthermore, I just can't imagine that Mythic wants and will start fixing the numerous bugs and imbalances that're in DAoC.
Even if WoW is just "patchwork", all the other Blizzard games are as well.
And those games are fun, which is a big factor for a -game-.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Regarding whether any of your old mates will be playing, Stewy, there's not many people left at all now. Certainly not enough to make a fg for frontiers.

Funny really, they make all these things for epic scale battles and there's 1fg albs and 3-4 mids and 0 hibs running around :D

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Im going wow, so is Sydien, and i have alot of friends going there, if it will hold out or just be a few months thing tho, i dunno.

Im in any case not coming back to daoc, nothing more interesting to do here for me :O

I dont know if the rest feel that way tho.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Brelakor said:
Im in any case not coming back to daoc, nothing more interesting to do here for me :O

I dont know if the rest feel that way tho.

guess about all Mid Rogues share that feeling ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
svartalf said:
Funny really, they make all these things for epic scale battles and there's 1fg albs and 3-4 mids and 0 hibs running around :D
I don't know where you get your information from, but last night we had some 50 Hibs and 80+ Albs in the Mid frontier, wreaking havoc with our keeps. Our group certainly didn't have difficulties finding fights, it was, using military speak, a "target-rich environment". Finish one fight against Albs and you are up to your eyeballs in Lurikeens the next second. :D

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think there's any reason to fear that prydwen will become a ghost time. alot of players will want to play wow, but I'm sure alot will come back after they tried it.
you can't just kill off a game like daoc that has been running succesfully for 3 years, no matter how good a game you make.

having said that, I'm counting on switching to wow, that that not as much because I think it's better than daoc, more because I've grown bored in this game and need something new

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom