Ultimate Defrag

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just using Defraggler at the moment. Seems to do a good job and much quicker than the built in Windows one. Anything that helps boost speed on my ageing PC would be a great help.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Is tuneup utilities, uniblue registry booster or CCleaner defragger as good as it? :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't the majority of these things just use the built in Windows defragmenter API or some shit?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Using Mydefrag, formerly jkdefrag. Fantastic and free.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, no point paying for defrag software, lots of free and very good one's available.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You're mad if you pay for that sort of software.
There are plenty of choices that are free of charge.

For example, I used a program to shred the data on a hard drive the other day. The program was free and did the 7 pass overwrite in a reasonable timeframe. I'm not after absolute security, I'm after "good enough".

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't the majority of these things just use the built in Windows defragmenter API or some shit?

TBH I don't think ultimate defrag does....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well in that case it's a risk because the API is a set of tools that move the data. Basically standard defrag just does nothing optimal and the other tools out there just use the API more intelligently.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
dunno about technics, but i do use ccleaner and tuneup utilities, plus Uniblue registry booster+ Uniblue speed up my pc and and my system works smoothly (uniblue programs works better on win xp or win 7) :)

edit: for malware, i use malware bytes free version, it updates and removes what anti-virus/spyware can't :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom