UK VISA debit cards work on US WoW

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
They may not work for billing purposes though, won't find that out until after the first month. Plus you have to sort-of make your address american.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
nuked!

dont go on US the EU one will be much better :D

and yeah if they check ur acct address with ur debit address theyll notice they dont match

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I wish I could find somewhere to buy the damn US CD-key and Start !!! but i can't :( found 1 which is sold out !

not going to start phoning random US shops from England, so someone find us a shop we can order from :D

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why dont you just order from any of the online shops .. or ebay probably has 1 for sale ...

obli, i'll play US for a while and then maybe come EU at a later point

also you can get a prepay card which is available to buy on the 29th which will be the answer

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
Why are so many people hypothesising about how 'they'll check your billing address and verify it matches your credit card address' or the one I heard the other day 'They'll check your IP address and block it if not in US'. The US server is global (except EU).

I may be yet proven wrong, but I heard all of this before SWG and that worked absolutely fine when I entered a US address I found on the web for a large corporate and my own credit card.

My copy should arrive on Friday, so I'll let you know, but please in the meantime talk facts, not theories.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I know a bit about credit card purchasing, as I've worked on a few billing systems in the past. Below a certain threshold (£50, I think) Visa & Mastercard don't require you to send them the billing address with the transaction, it's basically optional. If the address used on the charge is not the same as the address the card is held at, Visa/Mastercard refuse the transaction.

From what I've heard Blizzard are going to do this for all transactions, although this may be fud, we won't know until the 23rd December at the earliest.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
SirDystic said:
My copy should arrive on Friday, so I'll let you know, but please in the meantime talk facts, not theories.

If you want facts, try this: http://www.blizzard.co.uk/press/041122.shtml

Blizzard said:
Blizzard is therefore strongly advising European players not to buy the North American version of the game, as access to North American servers will be limited to residents of North America , Australia and New Zealand.

Doesn't say how they're going to limit it, but it does say it will be limited.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
It also says that once the EU version goes live they will open up the US servers to all. They are just trying to limit the number of foreigners playing on the NA servers. Bit crap really, they should have just held out for a worldwide release.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
It also says that once the EU version goes live they will open up the US servers to all. They are just trying to limit the number of foreigners playing on the NA servers. Bit crap really, they should have just held out for a worldwide release.

The US servers are hideously oversubscribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom