UK se pre-order?

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
:england:
So let me get this right, according to the WAR EU website,the se pre-order with head start and bonus ingame items is only available from EA store UK at £39.99 (Direct Download),and is not available at any retailers or other E-merchants.
What's up with that, I know you get the OB with EA, but it seems that here in the UK we don't have any other option!
Why is there no other partners, it makes me nervous.
What do we do if we want the boxed game +headstart/bonus items, suck an egg?

Nice one GOA , you sure are something!

Anyone know different, please post your info. :cheers:

Negura`

Fledgling Freddie
Look at the bright side of things: you have the option to get OB, Early Release and some crap in game items without having to buy Collectors Edition (hardly available anyway)
About the boxed game? You get a printed game manual which by the current status of the game will be obsoleted in 3 months anyway (unless they want to be called Failcom 2)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
supposed to be more partners being added "soon" apparently they are still in talks with some companies.

I know for certain though if uk do get lumped with only EA I'll just miss out on the headstart because I certainly wont be paying what they are asking.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
uk also has D2D read the paragraph above this list, its in there

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
uk also has D2D read the paragraph above this list, its in there

Indeed but again it has open beta access with it which not everyone is bothered about IE me and so would prefer to pay a more reasonable figure for the game elsewhere such as play, however we need confirmation of if they can deliver what they are offering!

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Think D2D was £32.95? so youre looking at £3 more although ofcourse you dont get a box which sucks, silly how the orders with the least cost the most. Really hope Play.com pull through.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
They must think people here in England have more money, clearly they've not seen the price of fuel and electricity here! :p

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, Ive just ordered premium SE from EA today for 40 quid. I have the CE preorder but HMV didnt take my details at the time (3-4 ,months ago) and so I went back into the Newcastle store today to ask about my chances of getting the CE when it arrives.

Was told that a receipt is not essential but useful but if your details were not taken then you cannot get the CE. The guy also told me that the Newcastle stores think they have sold more preorder CEs than they will receive actual CEs so could get nasty come launch. For that reason I have coughed up fro SE, i miss out on some nice artwork and stuff, and a custom head and titles but hopefully I can start headstart and not need to restart a new account if I cant validate my CE codes.

Plus I can give my CE headstart codes to my bro so he can try OB with me and decide if he wants in :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I asked about Warhammer in the MetroCentre branch last night and the guy there did not have a clue about any of it. Even after looking on the computer he was oblivious to what might be happening.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
play.com are also doing the early access and 2 items, you just dont get beta access on the 7th.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Why are there doubts over play.com? The SE isn't limited and so far play.com are "only" offering headstart plus in-game bonuses. Why should they not be able to deliver that? They don't appear to be falsely claiming they are giving away OB. You get the game in a box for less than anyone is selling as a download so if you're not bothered about OB then it's a no-brainer surely?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I think the problem with play.com is their lack of ability to get a product to you on its day of release.

But i'll take my chance, isnt the end of the world if I dont get to play something on the same day it is out.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Totally. The thing about play.com is they either ship way too early or quite late. They seem to just send stuff out whenever they get it from their suppliers. I've had cd's and dvd's a week earlier than global launch yet comp games a week after high street shops were on to there 2nd and 3rd batches. If no deadlines and/or release dates are involved they are very good all round I find, especially on price.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I think the doubts over play.com offering headstart is because GOA has implicitly stated that (so far) play.com aren't a preferred partner and therefore cannot give you headstart access.

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
As far as EA's and D2D's offer of a few days OB is concerned, I'm not going to pay over the odds to test GOA's servers, been there done that, got the T-shirt, with other MMORPG's, FOR FREE, and it wasn't fun!
GOA's economy with the facts has left me dumbfounded.
It's not worth the hours spent trawling the threads to find out WTF is going on, I don't care anymore GOA, you can stick your CB, OB, headstart, bonus crap, up your contradictory :kissit:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I think the doubts over play.com offering headstart is because GOA has implicitly stated that (so far) play.com aren't a preferred partner and therefore cannot give you headstart access.

Yeah I see what you mean now bud but I was going off the impression that ALL SE pre-orders had the headstart and bonus items and it didn't matter where you bought it. Basically because the SE is not limited and so the SE pre-order would therefore not be limited and anyone could sell it. That would seem to water down the benefits of the CE pre-order though because then just about everybody could be in headstart and have the bonus items (yeah I know the CE has all the goodies in the box but that is what you are really paying the extra for). I just can't see play.com offering that stuff if they were not going to be able to provide it.

So is it that only EA, D2D and play.com have so far got the SE pre-order for sale in the UK? If so that's actually "quite" limited I suppose in the same way the CE pre-order was. They could easily control the number of SE pre-orders sold that way. Maybe GOA just haven't put play.com on the list yet, even D2D aren't properly on the clicky list as they are just mentioned in the paragraph about premium partners.

So I'm going with play.com = OK.

/phew

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
The doubts over play.com are on their website they say you will be sent an email on the 28th august with info on how to get early access but they haven't sent anyone this email and don't know anything about it when you ring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom