UK release date changed?

G

Gallak

Maybe this is old news but the first I heard was this mail from GAME:

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Dark Age of Camelot Shrouded Isles has changed to Wednesday 19 February 2003.

Please don't worry, your order is still 'live' and will be despatched to you on the day prior to the revised release date, via your chosen method of shipping, unless you advise us to the contrary.

You will not be charged for your pre-order purchase until the order is despatched.

Thank you for using the Game.uk.com pre-order service.

G

Gallak

Yes it was when I ordered, but Game are the main UK distributors I think so it seems fairly reliable.

B

Belsameth

just checked, and Amazon.co.uk is shipping the 19th as well

M

mcirvine

ay it changed few days

i saw here in belgium store mentioning it would be available the 19th too

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by mcirvine
ay it changed few days

i saw here in belgium store mentioning it would be available the 19th too

HCW says 15th on their site, i ordered it and they send me amail it will be in around middle feb.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Euro always has been the 19th, its only the UK thats been given a date of the 21st originally, maybe the popularity has made them rethink this.

D

Damon_D

Ny forventet releasedato: 15. februar 2003 (gammel releasedato: 15. februar 2003)

So feb 15 here in Denmark , well who cares , not as you can use it before they patch the servers :p

G

Gallak

No but maybe they've decided to push the patching ahead, seems weird to get an update like this from the shop before any update from GOA though, maybe we'll see some info from Kemor in the next couple of days.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Here's the score:

The European release date was 19th Feb. This has always been the case. The product will be shipped and available to distributors for that date. The UK release date was only set at the 21st because UK retailers use Fridays as their 'New Release' day for games. It's a logistics thing for the high street retailers, so that places like VIrgin, etc. only have to set up their stores for one type of product on a particular, predictable day (e.g. Music singles on Monday, DVDs/Vids on Tuesday, ... and game son Friday). It's something they've been doing for years.

On-line retailers have their own logistics and so aren't forced into the same schedules. I guess GOA have allowed them to go with shipping on the 19th. I don't know whether we'll see it in stores until the 21st, though. I expect it depends on the store manager.

O

old.Belorfyn

I was just wondering (bit off the thread topic) that where are other finnish players gonna get the game from ?

I've been thinking about ordering from Amazon or something in case release here will be again 2 weeks later than UK but then again if it's released about same time, it'll take longer maybe to arrive from there ?
Also I haven't ordered anything from other countries before so I don't know how well it works (deliveries etc).

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
I was just wondering (bit off the thread topic) that where are other finnish players gonna get the game from ?

Ordered it from Playerone and hoping they also keep that date this time :rolleyes:

No much choices without creditcard tho :p

T

tripitaka

Game released...

Interesting, as all game stores in the UK releases, infact ALL PC and console games in general are released on a Friday, so 21st in the shops would seem correct.

Maybe its just on-line purchases that are being released 2 days earlier ?

R

Ragnarok1978

Trine covered it pretty good and as said, it's only UK stores that release the 21st.

At least in denmark pretty much all stores (Seen it 4-5 places on line and have confirmation from a local store) will either have it in the store the 19th, or have it shipped to you prior to or at the 19th.

Since I needed 2 copies, I preorderen one from a site that will deliver before or on the 19th, and one at a local store, let's see which arrives first :)

A

agraucred

an email from game customer services, hope this clears things up:

Thank you for your email. The official release date for this title is the
19th of February. The store's are not used to releasing games mid week, this
is why they are quoting Friday the 21st.

All web orders will be released for the 19th and the stores will also be
selling this title on the 19th.

I hope this answers your question

G

Gallak

Gah then wtf are they doing sending me this post yesterday????

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Dark Age of Camelot Shrouded Isles has changed to Friday 21 February 2003.

Please don't worry, your order is still 'live' and will be despatched to you on the day prior to the revised release date, via your chosen method of shipping, unless you advise us to the contrary.

You will not be charged for your pre-order purchase until the order is despatched.

Thank you for using the Game.uk.com pre-order service.

back to 21st in UK?

P

pcentella

Just to share something fun i found (or at least I find it to, you don't really need to post you don't :p)in some "terms and conditions" (address http://www.game.uk.com/tandc.asp):
5. Force Majeure
We reserve the right to delay delivery or to cancel the order or reduce the volume of the goods ordered by you (without any liability to you) if we are prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of our business due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control including without limitation acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock out, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party's work force), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials Provided that if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 14 days, you shall be entitled to give us notice in writing to terminate the order.
I wonder how someone proves something is an act of God in a trial :D

A

agraucred

i wish Goa could at least get a confirmed date out. first its a 21st feb release, and game start saying the 19th, then they are saying "after the 19th youll be able to find 2 versions of SI... blah blah blah" suggesting a 19th release rather than 21st,with the SI site says 21st (ok, so it doesnt appear to have been touched in ages, other than to add a trailer) and now game changing back to the 21st? surely a release date at this stage isnt so hard to announce (or correct if its the SI date thats wrong)

O

old.Spug

I wonder how someone proves something is an act of God in a trial

you'd be surprised how easy it is to prove an act of god in court, I kid you not...

(didnt used to work for an insurance company, honest)

K

kemor

Ok, let's try clarify some things a bit:

19th February:
This is the official release date for French & German distribution.

ALL servers will be patched to 1.57 on this day(which means SI + patches).

Players with a box of SI (European one, wanadoo/GOA logos, any language), will be able to activate their accounts for SI and play with SI, even if they are "English players".

21st February:
This is the official release date for United Kingdom (English boxes). Why on Friday? Simply because in UK, you can only release a game on Friday!

Now, if a player living in UK gets a SI box (because he ordered from German or French websites, or because he received the box early), he will be able to activate his account on the 19th, no problem with that.

When you are distributing in many different countries, it's hard to have an exact "release date", especially with online resellers. All I can say is that the official release for UK is the 21st of February, that's the official thing.

Hope it clarifies some points. I'll come back on that in the "Friday but not Friday because of SI" news, which should be posted early next week.

A

agraucred

i think its more "wont" than "cant". Game seemed to be quite capable of shelving a game mid-week when they thought the release date to be the 19th, saying that SI could and would be shipped to stores for the "wednesday".

M

Meatballs

Why not patch english servers same time as everyone else, then we can benefit from the 1.57 patch asap, and also if we get SI early we can go playeeeee! :clap: Afterall the English Language Server isn't a UK server.

A

Alrindel

As Kemor just said, that's exactly what they are doing. All servers will be patched to SI on Wednesday, including Excalibur and Prydwen.

C

cadiva

Some more good news

On the more good news front, Game have reduced the price for SI to £16.99.

T

tripitaka

YaY !

/em cheer

Thank christ for that. I'll take 2 copies please Mr Game shop assistant and stick the bonus on my reward card pls.....

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
Also I haven't ordered anything from other countries before so I don't know how well it works (deliveries etc).

Yeah.. their delivery snowscooters might not be compatible with finnish snow

G

Gallak

Thanks for the clarification Kemor, lets hope that Game change home delivery back to the 19th some time soon, even if they can't put it in their stores until 21st :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom