UK Domain Registrars

J

Jonty

Hi there :)

I need a favour :D Could you all be so kind as to post domain registrars, which must handle .uk domains, with which you have either ...

• Had personal experience of, and with which you have been impressed with
  • Have just heard good things about
I'm trying to construct a list of good companies, that means none of these fly-by-night types, and none which don't offer a good feature set. The quality of the service, rather than the cost, is what I'm interested in. Hosting and anything else is irrelevant, for now.

Thank you to those who reply, a life size cut out of Luke Skywalker will be whisking its way to your door ASAP ;)

W

Will

UKShells are who I use, though you need to be hosted with them as well. Still, never had any problems *lie*...that they didn't sort straight away *true*.

They did send me an £11 billion bill once though.

J

Jonty

Thanks Will. What is it with companies and big bills these days? There has recently been a guy from my home town who received a bill off British Gas for around about £2.3 trillion. hehe.

Keep these registrars coming, folks :)

J

Jonty

Thanks Khan, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm after. Much appreciated :D

Keep them coming, folks :)

Kind Regards

W

Will

Originally posted by Jonty
Thanks Will. What is it with companies and big bills these days?
I phoned them the next day after they cut off my hosting, and they laughed and started it up again.

"If you owed us £11 billion, I'd be in Hawai mate"

J

Jonty

Hello again

This is a long shot, but has anyone heard of a company called 'AMEN' (http://www.amenworld.com). I came across them when compiling the list. They seem to have a rather nice service yet it is quite costly. Just a little hard to judge whether you're a) genuinely getting your money's worth, or b) just getting ripped off.

Kind Regards

D

danger

Originally posted by [UKLans]Khan
Hi Jonty,

Hope these help:

www.freeparking.co.uk - Offer a number of services but not hosting (the last time I checked)

www.ukreg.com - Very big company, powered by www.fasthosts.co.uk, can offer hosting, otherwise offer the usuall domain tools

I have used, www.catalyst2.com and www.uh-hosting.co.uk but I purchased the domains in UKReg.com first.

Thanks

Khan

Yeah UKREG are great... simply names I've also found to be very good!! www.simply.com

D

danger

amen... ahh yes my great uncle paid an extorsionate ammount of money for a name from them, I can't really see anything extra they offer that the competition doesn't for the price!

S

(Shovel)

Both my domains are registered with easily.co.uk. Hosting is optional, always been absolutely fine for me. Very quick and efficient.

M

MYstIC G

www.UKreg.com are great, use them for my domains. They're run by fasthosts but use TUCOWS OpenSRS as there head registra, who so far have done everything speedily and correctly with no hitches to date. The buy in bulk domain credits thing is also a bonus.

123-reg suck donkey balls, I was going to register a domain through them but when I signed up for an account I got a rake of crappy spam e-mails along with the "registration confirmed" job & decided against them..... I still get the e-mails to this day.

Other good one if you want cheap .com's & don't mind a bit of an ugly interface is www.Gandi.net they're french so after the exchange rate they work out a bit cheaper, I first registered www.mysticg.com with them & only moved it to UKreg because I couldn't be arsed to have my domains managed in 2 entierly separate places.

J

Jonty

Thanks for the info MYstIC G :) Do UKReg offer any form of DNS control, since, from a personal perspective, I'm after a new host which allows redirection without the need for frames.

Kind Regards

U

[UKLans]Khan

UKreg allow you to point your domains as specified DNS servers, they also allow frames re-direction and normal re-direction via their free services.

Khan

C

Ch3tan

gandi.net as meg has already said. Never had a problem with them, and they are cheap.

M

MYstIC G

Indeed, I only used UKreg because Ghandi didn't do .me.uk's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom