UK Car Owners

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Take a hint, get some petrol this weekend ! :)

Filled mine up today, and there were more cars than normal there

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol, remember the last one, some people were running about like it was flipping armageddon trying to cyphon fuel out of lawnmowers and panicking.
so they started having a pop at the protesters, then after it ended the same people were moaning about fuel costs.

<sits back to watch the fun>

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
takes the piss did you know that 47p of what we pay is tax .... fucking labour

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sorry but these protestors are fukin cretins, I would personally shoot on site, petrol is no more expensive today than it was 20 yrs ago in real terms.

Are the roads not clogged enough with people driving around just cos they freakin well can?

Petrol should be 10 quid a gallon for for most and cheaper for trade, and stop complaining about 'need it to get to work'

STOP LIVING SO FAR FROM YOUR WORK!!!!

People driving 100 miles to and from work every goddam day, WTF!!!

Job

I've been sussed

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Yup the % of tax on petrol has gone down, but people dont see that - they just see the end price.

When you look at it petrol is a fair way to tax the car by how many miles it does (better than toll roads in the USA if you ask me)

But, i like the others now spend £50 to fill up my car when a few years ago it was £35

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Job said:
I've been sussed
:fluffle:

tbh in the uk we seem to pay a lot more for just about everything, and everytime we drive past a gas station my bf always blathers on about the price, me not being a car owner or even able to drive well tbh it doesnt really have an impact on me.

the thing that does bug the hell out of me is when the government tells us all to use public transport more etc etc rather than drive, this is something i do have experience with and its so damn bad its laughable.

i've lost count of the times my bus has been late when im waiting to come home from work and its not a little late 10 mins or so i wouldnt mind but im talking 40mins and thats just not funny when its freezing and your knackered.

And yesterday i had an appointment at hospital so i called the bus company to get info on what bus would get me there in time i explained i needed to be there for half one and the girl told me the bus number and said it would stop right outside the hospital at 1:15 (i did look it up on their webby but that was about as clear as mud) at about 1:40 the bus got to the hospital luckily they had a spot and i got seen but i felt awful for being late.

its all very well the MP's telling us use public transport but when its as unreliable, expensive, dirty and sometimes just plain unsafe....... well tbh i'd like to see them having to rely on it for a month and just watch i bet it gets improved in a matter of weeks.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
its all very well the MP's telling us use public transport but when its as unreliable, expensive, dirty and sometimes just plain unsafe....... well tbh i'd like to see them having to rely on it for a month and just watch i bet it gets improved in a matter of weeks.

Bet less then 10% of them actually use public transport themselfs. Filthy hippocrites.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Theodoric said:
takes the piss did you know that 47p of what we pay is tax .... fucking labour

Fraid its rather more than that. The duty on unleaded petrol and diesel is 48.32p per litre. However, in addition you need to add the VAT which is levied on the price after the duty has been added to the untaxed price of petrol.

So for litre of petrol costing 98p, 35p is price of petrol, 48.32p is duty and 14.6p is VAT. So basically 64% of the price is government taxation, Or 63p per litre.

And gawd please don't make the government use public transport, its overcrowded enough as it is without Prescott trying to squeeze his lardyarse into the seat next to you. Let him stick with his two Jags, one for each buttock.

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
I am so happy I can fill mine at work for free. :) Prices in Belgium are pretty bad aswell.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Petrol prices have gone crazy this year anyway (and no I dont drive to work I use the bus)..

Petrol was 75p in January, its now £1.03p. a 28p rise in the space of nine months is a little over the rate of inflation and I'm not surprised thats its pissing some people off.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tears said:
Yup the % of tax on petrol has gone down, but people dont see that - they just see the end price.

When you look at it petrol is a fair way to tax the car by how many miles it does (better than toll roads in the USA if you ask me)

But, i like the others now spend £50 to fill up my car when a few years ago it was £35

heh, i pay around 13 SEK per litre here in sweden, now the REAL cost of the gas is around 4 SEK per litre, rest is tax. and tbh i dont really care if the tax has dropped by 0.05%, its still rediciolusly(sp?) high. and the end cost is all that matters to me.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Job said:
STOP LIVING SO FAR FROM YOUR WORK!!!!

People driving 100 miles to and from work every goddam day, WTF!!!

What about people that don't have a choice, house prices in some areas are too expensive so people live in cheaper areas and commute. I used to work at Heathrow but no way was I going to live near there. Expensive, crap and noisy.

Now I have a 10 min journey to work and pay only £9 to fill my car up :) . See the light, get a job abroad.

BTW for those that don't know there is a European (EU Members) Agreement to put up petrol above the rate of inflation year on year. This is a green tax aimed at reducing the use of cars. Effectively all it does is drive wages up.

EU ministers are a bunch of totally clueless tossers who are out of touch with reality. Hang the bloody lot of em imo.

Job

Much more of a concern is that the UK is running out of gas, 'we are no longer a energy producer' and prices will rise 14%

RUNNING OUT OF GAS FFS!

Think about that, no more evah!, we'll have used the lot, 300,000 year wait for it to come back.

The figures are astounding, they reckon we have around 600billion cubic metres left and are using it at 90 million cubic metres a year

Which means they'll run out of gas before the extended warranty on your new gas cooker runs out

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Bet less then 10% of them actually use public transport themselfs. Filthy hippocrites.

Maybe if they actualy gave us decent public transport...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Job said:
Much more of a concern is that the UK is running out of gas, 'we are no longer a energy producer' and prices will rise 14%

RUNNING OUT OF GAS FFS!

Think about that, no more evah!, we'll have used the lot, 300,000 year wait for it to come back.

The figures are astounding, they reckon we have around 600billion cubic metres left and are using it at 90 million cubic metres a year

Which means they'll run out of gas before the extended warranty on your new gas cooker runs out

Which is when the rigs will move down to the Falklands - massive oil reserves expected there. We didn't fight a war for the penguins ;)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Hawkwind said:
Which is when the rigs will move down to the Falklands - massive oil reserves expected there. We didn't fight a war for the penguins ;)

heh, if thats true im gonna pump as many shares as poss into the company that sets up there :), share price will go thru the roof.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:

RUNNING OUT OF GAS FFS!

Ah I can put your mind at ease here Job mate.
I have patented a design for "airtight underpants".
These collect your own gas and at regular intervals you simple release the built up pressure into a storage tank.
From the storage tank the gas is then fed to your cooker/ central heating system via a compressor.
Productivity can be increased with carefull choice of food.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
We pay tax on the amount of miles we do through petrol

Fair enough

Then we also pay Roadtax at a huge bloody cost, to cover repairs on the road and lighting etc. Not nice but ok.

But then on top we also have toll roads and bridges, but hang on, didn't we just pay for that already?

And now we also pay tax yet again in 'Congestion Charges' in cities, which, correct me if im wrong, we just paid for twice already.

It takes the fucking piss.

As for the prat that says stop living so far from work, some people don't have a choice, I for one got made redundant when the company went bust and to get the same wages had to accept a job 28 miles away giving me a 56 mile round trip to work and already have a house and commitments at home so cannot afford to relocate even if I wanted to. Think before you type.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well the day of the *cough* protests is here and erm... what happened?

lol on my local news at lunch time it showed one of the souths major protest sites and one person turned up, oh hang on a mo a couple of hours later another bloke turned up who'd travelled about 100 miles to get there \o/

thats showin' em!!

the words piss up and brewery spring to mind, how about where you are have there been any significant developments?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:

Erm if those really are the figures, basic maths says that will last 6666.67 years. So either I need to start shopping at the same stores as you ;) or there was there a typo somewhere?

popa

Fledgling Freddie
btw make like on italy if u get diesel use "oil"

btw is ilegal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom